• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just saw the new Captain America, The Winter Soldier

525 posts in this topic

We all saw it last night at the Wizard World VIP party, it was in 3-d, I was really impressed with the entire movie, for the people in this thread so far that saw it

We were going back and forth last night about the first ending after the credits, everyone was debating that the ending was a tie in for the next x-men movie

Any thoughts (shrug)

It's not. It's a tie in to Avengers 2 It's been established that even though the characters exist in both movie universes, there will be no direct references to each other in their respective movies. To include using different actors.

Coming from someone who knows nothing about Captain America from the comics, my only reference being the 2 movies he's featured in... I can safely say from a non-fan boy position that this is an awesome action movie.

I am headed out to see it now with a bunch of friends. I hope it`s a good movie. :wishluck:

No hope needed, the movie is fantastic (though I saw it in 2d which I think is the way to go honestly)

My screening on Wednesday was in Real 3D and I hated watching like that.

This is clearly one of the best Marvel Movies. I was very impressed. And the ending was a definite link to Avengers 2.

Also the tie in to Marvel AOS was just another amazing dynamic.

Anyone one confirm that

Hydra being rooted in SHIELD

actually happened in the comics?

Edited by stitchem05

This is clearly one of the best Marvel Movies. I was very impressed. And the ending was a definite link to Avengers 2.

Anyone one confirm that

I'm not aware of it, I believe it was done specifically for the film.

We all saw it last night at the Wizard World VIP party, it was in 3-d, I was really impressed with the entire movie, for the people in this thread so far that saw it

We were going back and forth last night about the first ending after the credits, everyone was debating that the ending was a tie in for the next x-men movie

Any thoughts (shrug)

It's not. It's a tie in to Avengers 2 It's been established that even though the characters exist in both movie universes, there will be no direct references to each other in their respective movies. To include using different actors.

OMG I am so stupid...now I know who the "twins" are. For the life of me I couldn't figure it out at all. :sorry:

Jim

Yup.

Just came back from seeing it myself. Gonna go again this weekend with a group of friends.

GREAT MOVIE.

Quite a few new characters introduced, more than just those during the bonus scene(s). Marvel Studios knocked it out of the park once again. Just like the old books used to do, events in this movie will affect the Marvel movie universe as a whole.

Just like 50 some years ago, after reading a Marvel book I looked forward to the next ones to see where things were headed, these movies are doing the same for me. I think Simon and Kirby would be proud of what these new creators are doing with their character in a different media.

Well done.

You are like my soul mate.

Any thoughts (shrug)

Xmen movie is with a diff company. Both Xmen and Avengers will be using Quicksilver. Different actors playing the character.

My o my o my...you guys are getting me so anxious to watch it this weekend in Imax. Really like how Marvel Studios are doing things, maybe time to buy some Disney stock hm

Hell, I just bought a set of the Cap America #6 :headbang:

Last night I went. Even the previews were exciting, Lucy, TMNT, ASM2, Godzilla. Cool Cap glasses and I thought the movie was entertaining. I just couldn't understand that there were just about 30 people at the Thursday night first show at 8PM. Blockbuster?

Last night I went. Even the previews were exciting, Lucy, TMNT, ASM2, Godzilla. Cool Cap glasses and I thought the movie was entertaining. I just couldn't understand that there were just about 30 people at the Thursday night first show at 8PM. Blockbuster?

You are a lucky one to be able to see this movie in a setting where there are few people. I will end up seeing it in a packed theatre where the guy behind me is constantly kicking the back of my seat.

My theater was nearly empty, but I don't think that means anything in terms of this film's success. I went to see a Thursday night showing of Iron Man 3 as well and there were probably 6 people int he theater. And that film made over $400 million. I think a lot of people just haven't caught on to the whole Thursday release thing yet, given that ads all still say Friday. And a lot of people who work plan movie trips ahead of time and likely are going to see it this weekend.

Anyone one confirm that

I'm not aware of it, I believe it was done specifically for the film.

Something very, very similar to this did happen in the late 80's prestige mini-series Nick Fury vs. SHIELD. A lot of the film's basic ideas were taken from that series, including SHIELD being infiltrated, Robert Redford's character, Jasper Sitwell switching sides and Nick Fury going on the run and being hunted by SHIELD. In the original, the rogue SHIELD faction was made up of SHIELD agents that were murdered and secretly replaced by AIM LMDs.

The rest of the story is pretty different, but the basic concepts are all there.

:wishluck: come on easter egg bumps

hm

X-Men #4, Strange Tales #110?

I missed the

Dr. Strange

reference can you clarify?

Jasper Sitwell listed Stephen Strange among the high profile targets the algorithm had flagged as threats to Hydra