• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just saw the new Captain America, The Winter Soldier

525 posts in this topic

Have a question....

Did anyone else notice:

on fury's tombstone it read under his name, "the path of the righteous man..."(Jules line from pulp fiction) And that's all I could read before the view changed. Was it there, or was I imagining it???

No, that was exactly right. A nice moment.

Dan

Yup.

Just came back from seeing it myself. Gonna go again this weekend with a group of friends.

GREAT MOVIE.

Quite a few new characters introduced, more than just those during the bonus scene(s). Marvel Studios knocked it out of the park once again. Just like the old books used to do, events in this movie will affect the Marvel movie universe as a whole.

Just like 50 some years ago, after reading a Marvel book I looked forward to the next ones to see where things were headed, these movies are doing the same for me. I think Simon and Kirby would be proud of what these new creators are doing with their character in a different media.

Well done.

You are like my soul mate.

:cloud9:

:wishluck: come on easter egg bumps

hm

X-Men #4, Strange Tales #110?

I missed the

Dr. Strange

reference can you clarify?

Jasper Sitwell listed Stephen Strange among the high profile targets the algorithm had flagged as threats to Hydra

I noticed the Dr. Strange reference, that was great.

When the computer began showing targets for the Helli-carriers to eliminate, I could'a sworn I saw the name "Ant-Man" as one of the targets. It went by fast, I'm going to see if I can notice it on a subsequent viewing. Maybe I imagined it?

:wishluck: come on easter egg bumps

hm

X-Men #4, Strange Tales #110?

I missed the

Dr. Strange

reference can you clarify?

Jasper Sitwell listed Stephen Strange among the high profile targets the algorithm had flagged as threats to Hydra

I noticed the Dr. Strange reference, that was great.

When the computer began showing targets for the Helli-carriers to eliminate, I could'a sworn I saw the name "Ant-Man" as one of the targets. It went by fast, I'm going to see if I can notice it on a subsequent viewing. Maybe I imagined it?

I have a feeling there are a ton of Easter Eggs in that sequence that we're only going to be able to find when it comes out on Blu-ray and we can freeze frame it.

Those that have seen this and Thor 2, are you now more pumped for GOTG because the bar seems to have been raised as far as quality?

Peace,

Chip

i do think Cap 2 increase the bar for avengers 2 and since Thor 2 is more connected to GOTG the bar has not move much maybe a little bit. If GOTG turns out to be the best space more in the marvel universe than Marvel is going to need to put more effort in Thor 3.

like the best of the genre, it's not just a "great comic book movie," but in fact simply a great movie. i can't wait to see it again.

Couldn't agree more. Great plot that still has me thinking I thought Evans and Johansson took their characters to another level. Great job introducing a ton of characters. Just overall a great movie! And I loved Cap's SHIELD outfit.

I must be the only one that REALLY liked the first Cap movie...this was a great movie with a bit too many fireworks at the end.

And no I didn't stay for the 2nd bonus...went with my wife and her patience sitting through words on the screen was at an end.

And Samuel L really redeemed himself this movie...much better performance than any of his previous Marvel roles.

Edited by krighton

I'm not going to see it until Sunday, but I got my shirt in today that I plan to wear then:

13630848405_f721712f90_o.jpg

:banana:

I also am going to see the film on Sunday, I am also going to see it in a Tshirt I just got: my Rocket Raccoon. :P

I really liked the 1st Cap movie as well. I thought it was a terrific time piece.

me too. :cool:

Didn't it feel like an Indiana Jones movie, only better acting and story?