• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just saw the new Captain America, The Winter Soldier

525 posts in this topic

Saw it this morning. Was better than the first cap from a story standpoint. I can see Bucky and cap reuniting to join forces at some point :). The trailor at the end showed some cool clips of two cool characters :)

Have a question....

Did anyone else notice:

on fury's tombstone it read under his name, "the path of the righteous man..."(Jules line from pulp fiction) And that's all I could read before the view changed. Was it there, or was I imagining it???

No, that was exactly right. A nice moment.

Dan

It also said Ezekial 25:17

I'm almost tempted to watch it. I haven't liked any Marvel movies so far. Then again, I've only seen Iron Man 1-2 and The Avengers. I love Robert Downey Jr, but not enough to watch another Iron Man or Avengers movie.

As someone who loved the Brubaker run, this movie was everything I could have asked for and more. That was such a long dreadful wait after hearing the title being announced at SDCC in 2012, but that was well worth the wait.

I loved it! The only problem now is waiting for AOU...

Also to anyone thinking of taking younger children to Winter Soldier. It has a good bit of violence, but not really any gory bloodshed. A little more cursing than most Marvel movies, but no F-bombs or anything like that. I took both my children (8 & 10) to the movie and while I think they handled it pretty well it may not be for everyones kids that age.

Saw CAWS last night. It was excellent on a DK3 level. Had you constantly thinking and engaged. I think Scarlett J. stole the show as Black Widow, she really portrays how lethal the Widow is. Great casting getting Robert Redford and Garry Schandling (reprising his Iron Man 2 role) in there, and the fight sequences were Jason Bourne-esque.

Marvel Studios is just crushing it. I feel bad for Sony and Fox, and really bad for DC!

Something that really impresses me about the response to the film so far is that I'm seeing lots of people have a different character who was their favorite. To me that shows that every character was done right.

Also, I didn't notice it until after, but does anyone think they were paying homage to...

Captain America #25 with the gut shot on the helicarrier? He doesn't die, but the image was similar

Capdeath.PNG

Saw CAWS last night. It was excellent on a DK3 level. Had you constantly thinking and engaged. I think Scarlett J. stole the show as Black Widow, she really portrays how lethal the Widow is. Great casting getting Robert Redford and Garry Schandling (reprising his Iron Man 2 role) in there, and the fight sequences were Jason Bourne-esque.

Marvel Studios is just crushing it. I feel bad for Sony and Fox, and really bad for DC!

Don't feel bad for DC. If anything, it sets Warner straight they are missing out on a massive market by allowing any weak movie (Catwoman, Green Lantern, Jonah Hex) to make it out to the cinema. Lesson learned!

Something that really impresses me about the response to the film so far is that I'm seeing lots of people have a different character who was their favorite. To me that shows that every character was done right.

Also, I didn't notice it until after, but does anyone think they were paying homage to...

Captain America #25 with the gut shot on the helicarrier? He doesn't die, but the image was similar

Capdeath.PNG

no, that's coming in the future

Bucky signed for 8 more movies, Cap done in Avengers 3

Capdeath.PNG

no, that's coming in the future

Bucky signed for 8 more movies, Cap done in Avengers 3

Yes, I heard about that. I'm just saying the image itself with the bloody stripes reminded me of the way the panel looked.

Yes, I heard about that. I'm just saying the image itself with the bloody stripes reminded me of the way the panel looked.

true, from a visual perspective, for sure.

I was impressed with most of the characters, however, Falcon seemed a little weak in my opinion. It seems they intentionally made Cap faster & stronger for this movie as compared to Cap 1 and Avengers.

the directors stated that they did yes. Which is how he should be. The original director had him like the original Cap, "Olympic Athlete", these directors wanted him more like modern cap, "super soldier".

That's paraphrasing the quote in my own words, interview is out there.

So all the players are in place for a Death of Captain America and Civil War-like story to come.
So all the players are in place for a Death of Captain America and Civil War-like story to come.

It sure appears that way. The Civil War was a neat story line, but it never felt right to me, I never knew who to root for and root against.

lots to be setup up still before getting to that, but the option is certainly there a fair way down the road.