• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just saw the new Captain America, The Winter Soldier

525 posts in this topic

Yep.

Oh, and I hope Cap got his shield back- I remember it falling a great height (into the water, I think?) and I'm not sure subsequent scenes showed Steve with the shield again

:jokealert:

Just saw it and I don't think I'm giving away any spoilers by stating...

...IT WAS AWESOME!!!

Completely satisfying in every way. Great story. Great acting. Great action. Great post-credit scenes! (Two of 'em). Loved it.

:cloud9:

Edited by Bleuhawaii

It's gonna be awkward when Cap and FF are in same movie and Chris Evans has to run back and forth playing Cap and Jonny Storm....

Hopefully they explained wtf a 'winter soldier' is....

"These are the times that try men's souls: The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of his country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman." -- from The American Crisis by Thomas Paine, December 1776

From the Urban Dictionary:

winter soldier

(noun) A person, especially a member of a political party or a military organization, who is hardcore, who endures during hard times. The opposite of "summer soldier", a phrase used by Thomas Paine to denote (and mock) men who signed up for the Revolutionary War and then quit when the going got tough.

"These are the times that try men's souls: The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of his country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman." -- from The American Crisis by Thomas Paine, December 1776

winter soldier

(noun) A person, especially a member of a political party or a military organization, who is hardcore, who endures during hard times. The opposite of "summer soldier", a phrase used by Thomas Paine to denote (and mock) men who signed up for the Revolutionary War and then quit when the going got tough.

(thumbs u

That's Cap all right.

winter soldier

(thumbs u

That's Cap all right.

Please tell me you're joking.

winter soldier

(thumbs u

That's Cap all right.

Please tell me you're joking.

Cap doesn't endure hard times? He's a quitter?

I think he means Cap fits the definition of a 'winter soldier' that refuses to fold in tough times. And I wonder if the title actually has the double meaning of Cap as a kind of winter soldier himself.

Dan

I think he means Cap fits the definition of a 'winter soldier' that refuses to fold in tough times. And I wonder if the title actually has the double meaning of Cap as a kind of winter soldier himself.

Dan

Yeah, I got the double meaning while viewing the film. I was just wondering...

Dan

There's a down side to winter soldier?

Dan

I love you, Kav.

Don't ever change. :cloud9:

Dan

I love you, Kav.

Don't ever change. :cloud9:

:acclaim: