• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just saw the new Captain America, The Winter Soldier

525 posts in this topic

It was good but does anyone know why Bucky didn't age?

They mentioned it a few times about Bucky being put in suspended animation through cryogenics. You can see it in the folder Natalia hands to Steve Rogers where the picture on the left side was of Bucky frozen.

1000px-Bucky_on_Ice.PNG

From the wiki page about Bucky and the Winter Soldier.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bucky

----------------

The Winter Soldier is kept in a cryogenic stasis when not on missions, and as a result has aged only a few years to a young adult since the closing days of World War II.

----------------

He died and was brought back to life? Why? Why some dude at the bottom of a gorge all smashed up instead of any other dude?

He died and was brought back to life? Why? Why some dude at the bottom of a gorge all smashed up instead of any other dude?

Because he was found and recognized as the accomplice of Captain America. He isn't just some dude, and what could be better than using this weapon against your enemy?

WHAT??!!

Are The Russo Bros. Teasing A PUNISHER Cameo In CAPTAIN AMERICA: TWS?

-------------------

When Nick Fury is being attacked in the streets, he gets the moment he needs to escape when a yellow Penske truck slams into his attackers. Later, when Agent Sitwell is thrown into traffic, guess what hits him? Not just a Penske truck, but the Russos reveal, the very same Penske truck. "The man who drives that truck," Joe deadpans, joking that the driver is a candidate for a future Marvel One-Shot, "Is very highly trained. He thinks on his own terms. He's got a plan and a very specific skill set."

-------------------

Time to go back to the film again.

:ohnoez:

To me it was just ok. Maybe I was in a bad mood when I watched it, but it seemed slow and I've got to check the settings on my t.v. I could barely hear anything they said and then all of a sudden the action starts and it's a 1000 times louder. :facepalm:

To me it was just ok. Maybe I was in a bad mood when I watched it, but it seemed slow and I've got to check the settings on my t.v. I could barely hear anything they said and then all of a sudden the action starts and it's a 1000 times louder. :facepalm:

Check your TV audio settings for a feature called "Dialogue Enhancer." If you've got one turn it on, helps immensely for action/adventure and heavy CGI flicks where all the talking seems low before you're vaulted out of your chair by gunfire and explosions.

Thanks for the tip.

We were watching the first one last night to get my wife up to speed before watching Winter Soldier and we were having the same problem with the dialogue.

My sons had to keep adjusting the volume up and down, really irritating.

Thanks for the tip.

We were watching the first one last night to get my wife up to speed before watching Winter Soldier and we were having the same problem with the dialogue.

My sons had to keep adjusting the volume up and down, really irritating.

I've noticed this with quite few movies, usually ones with a lot of action and sound effects.

I've wondered if the surround sound or Dolby encoding, or whatever, that sounds great in a movie theater sometimes doesn't translate well on the average blu-ray / DVD home setup.

Voice enhancement helps, but it seems to be a problem with the media translation. Or something.

I always watch these blockbusters at a movie theatre for $6.75 because it`s hard to get that same blockbuster experience on a HDTV screen, similar to how my friend complains about watching the Avenger movie on his 12 inch laptop! :o

Your just not going to get the same experience that you will in a movie theater.

An HDTV was meant to watch Walking Dead or Game of Thrones, not a big blockbuster like Guardians of the Galaxy or Captain America: The Winter Soldier. IMHO.

Edited by ComicConnoisseur