• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just saw the new Captain America, The Winter Soldier

525 posts in this topic

My wife and I saw this on Monday and we both thought it was alright. I never read the original story it's based on so I don't know how faithful it was. The action and FX were good, the story we both thought was OK. I fell asleep when I saw the first one and though I came close a couple of times during this one, I never actually nodded off, so I guess that's a good thing.

I'd give it 2 1/2 stars out of 5. The wife gave it 3/5.

What comic book movies do you in fact like?

Getting the feeling your opinions on anything is also a not enough attitude, which is bad coming from me.

I can't tell anymore if you actually enjoy comics or not.

My wife and I saw this on Monday and we both thought it was alright. I never read the original story it's based on so I don't know how faithful it was. The action and FX were good, the story we both thought was OK. I fell asleep when I saw the first one and though I came close a couple of times during this one, I never actually nodded off, so I guess that's a good thing.

:signfunny:

:signfunny:

Attitude is (almost) everything.

I thought that this movie was good as "just" a movie, standing alone outside of the superhero universe (if that makes sense). Like really good. It's probably my favorite one so far. I think that Capt. America's newfound popularity might in part be due to Chris Evans' selling the character in The Avengers, which was more widely seen than his first movie. I can say that, as a not very comic-booky person, I almost didn't see the first Capt. America because he just doesn't really seem like a very exciting character. However, Evans won me over and I was excited to hear the character would be in more movies. I imagine non-believers who saw him in The Avengers felt the same way...??? I was also happy to see Black Widow in a more substantial role, but don't think that would have too much sway at the box office, since it's not her movie and her level of involvement wasn't really obvious from the previews.

I think you're dead-on regarding Avengers. I didn't think the first Cap was anything special, and wasn't really a big fan of Evans until the Avengers. He sold me there. I liked Cap 2 better than the first one. Although I think Avengers is still the best of them all.

I enjoyed how they handled The Falcon character. And it was really fun to watch him fly around. Very Ironman-esqe

(thumbs u

...and I'm glad they stayed away from the "hologram" wings!! That would have come off more Guardians of the Galaxy than Captain America.

Getting the feeling your opinions on anything is also a not enough attitude, which is bad coming from me.

hm

I thought that this movie was good as "just" a movie, standing alone outside of the superhero universe (if that makes sense). Like really good. It's probably my favorite one so far. I think that Capt. America's newfound popularity might in part be due to Chris Evans' selling the character in The Avengers, which was more widely seen than his first movie. I can say that, as a not very comic-booky person, I almost didn't see the first Capt. America because he just doesn't really seem like a very exciting character. However, Evans won me over and I was excited to hear the character would be in more movies. I imagine non-believers who saw him in The Avengers felt the same way...??? I was also happy to see Black Widow in a more substantial role, but don't think that would have too much sway at the box office, since it's not her movie and her level of involvement wasn't really obvious from the previews.

I think you're dead-on regarding Avengers. I didn't think the first Cap was anything special, and wasn't really a big fan of Evans until the Avengers. He sold me there. I liked Cap 2 better than the first one. Although I think Avengers is still the best of them all.

I really think its going to be hard to beat, I watch it almost everytime its an a+ film, a reference all other movies will be weighed against. Peace

1) It seems I've answered this question for you several times, but here goes:

Superman: The Movie

Batman Begins

Iron Man

Incredible Hulk

Hellboy

The Crow

Sin City

Most of the animated DC movies

2) I don't understand

3) I love comics and not just for display or to make money off of. I actually read them all the time. On the stand next to my bed I currently have a Teen Titans Showcase book, the Deathlok issues of Astonishing Tales, the Machine Man mini series that Barry Smith worked on and the X-Men / Teen Titans crossover from 1983.

Incredible Hulk

:o

El stinkerooo

The Norton film? I thought it was pretty good, apart from the ending.

It was good and captured the tone of the character. He's a bells and whistles guy.

Incredible Hulk

El stinkerooo

It was good and captured the tone of the character. He's a bells and whistles guy.

Absolutely.

I thought it was pretty good.

I think Evans portrays Cap very well. I like the characters in the film. I think Scarlett J is very pretty but is the only one that is out of place playing Black Widow. It's not how I would picture her.

I liked Falcon's character but the parts in the movie I didn't like were

1)

Falcon's flying gear

2)

Cap taking on a harrier

The film had the right mood, some predictable parts, but very entertaining. I didn't recall anything about the film the day after though. The Dark Knight is still my standard for best superhero movie.

Incredible Hulk

El stinkerooo

Absolutely.

I know I am in the minority but I preferred Ang Lee's Hulk.

That said, neither movie was anything better than average 2.5 /5

Due to health issues I've missed all of this year's big super-hero films at the cinema, so I'm eagerly looking forward to the Winter Soldier Blu-ray in a weeks' time.

One of my favourite story arcs.

Amazon using the DVD/Blu-Ray release of movies to negotiate better terms with Disney.

Amazon Blocks DVD Pre-Orders Of CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER

---------------------

It is being reported that Amazon has blocked DVD pre-order sales for Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Maleficent, Muppets Most Wanted and Million Dollar Arm. In the short term these tactics may benefit Amazon's profit margins, but it's also sacrificing its customer satisfaction. At this moment, consumers should consider looking at Best Buy and Target for these items.

---------------------

I won't be ordering my copy from Amazon.

:P

Yea Amazon has been playing hardball with these big companies for a while. I'm no sure why, but it seems to work for them. Disney will come around soon.

And in all honesty, I'm fine ordering it on a Tuesday because I'll still have it by Friday with Amazon Prime.