• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Southern Bastards from Image
2 2

989 posts in this topic

I am amazed by all the heat this book is getting after one issue.

Manifest destiny type heat. hm

dont get me wrong..it was a good first issue but it's mighty early :grin:

That's what they said about Manifest destiny next thing you know people are scrambling for copies. lol

This book doesn't seem all that rare (in my area). I saw a solid stack of 10 or so at one LCS (haven't visited the other 7 shops in town).

Fixed it

Edited by krighton

I hate to say it, but most of the shops that had 30 plus copies completely SOLD OUT within a day. Don't know if it's the TV hype that WD started a while back, but it seems that any new Image title, with potential, is selling!

Plus, with alot of the run seemingly being damaged, one can only hope that few will hit 9.8.

I, particularly, don't think store variants count int the print run because they're pretty much on their own inner circle.

I feel pretty lucky. Most of my issues are in very nice shape. I did get a couple that look like someone rolled a pizza cutter from side to side both front and book. I've NEVER bought a book with a printer defect to this degree. I also have a couple that have the indentations that others have mentioned. Overall, I'm very happy with the books.

I read this issue digitally thanks to emezy but I'm really excited to read it in print. Especially since I have a couple of beaters. lol

Edited by The Authority

I still don't know what defect people are talking about...but mine were just fine. No lines, marks...nada

It sounds like you got lucky. Mine looked perfect in a bag and then I pulled them out and the indentations are caught by the light. Congrats :applause:

This book doesn't seem all that rare (in my area). I saw a solid stack of 10 or so at one LCS (haven't visited the other 7 shops in town).

Fixed it

Why don't we wait until the published numbers are out for this book before you make a case for being legitimately rare.

I feel pretty lucky. Most of my issues are in very nice shape. I did get a couple that look like someone rolled a pizza cutter from side to side both front and book..

I saw a bunch with that "pizza cutter" mark today, reminds me of getting comics at a newsstand when I was a kid, the way the bundles were tied up with rope

Fixed it

Why don't we wait until the published numbers are out for this book before you make a case for being legitimately rare.

How about legitimately sold out everywhere a few days after it was released? Whatever the print run is, it moved fast

Fixed it

No way it's rare but it did sell out quickly everywhere. I can see a strong possibility for higher demand than supply on this one. I think distribution on this comic was better around the country than Something like East of West which seemed to belong to Midtown. Great story either way. Bring on #2. :headbang:

Fixed it

How about legitimately sold out everywhere a few days after it was released? Whatever the print run is, it moved fast

You know what they say about great minds....we probably don't qualify but it was a nice thought for a second. lol