• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Southern Bastards from Image
2 2

989 posts in this topic

Sitting this one out too many people already trying to ride this.

+1

On a speculator view this will somehow be a bad investment but in a reader standpoint, I am enjpying the heck out of this one! :)

A lot of people said the same thing about Saga.

I don't know many people who passed over Saga. Heck there was a boardie page on it months before it came out. Its just not an accurate comparison.

Sitting this one out too many people already trying to ride this.

+1

On a speculator view this will somehow be a bad investment but in a reader standpoint, I am enjpying the heck out of this one! :)

A lot of people said the same thing about Saga.

I don't know many people who passed over Saga. Heck there was a boardie page on it months before it came out. Its just not an accurate comparison.

It is an accurate comparison. People may not have passed on it, but pre-release plenty of people were saying it wasn't going to be a successful speculator play because of the high print run.

Modern Comics Forum :cloud9:

Got a sweet 2'x3' Southern Bastards poster from my LCS for free. Pretty awesome. I'm assuming they gave it away because they can't hang it in the store lol

I just wish there weren't so many variants....always a speculator buzz kill

Boo hoo. The poor speculators. I feel awful for them.

Just imagine how they must feel...

wrmlpx.jpg

I should shut up. I have had my say already about wanting to see where this book goes first but no doubt the hoard pics will be incoming soon :eyeroll:

aren't there just 3?

There is an image posted earlier in the thread with the original copy and 4 variants, so at least four thus far.

Third Eye Comics, Forbidden Comics, DCBS, and CBLDF

I think Third Eye and DCBS have a 1,000 print run each. CBLDF is the lowest.

No different than Black Science

Only a matter of time, can't wait to see the thread devolve into a debate over who's shilling what.

:popcorn:

It's a sad day when you can no longer rely on rumor and speculation.

Not sure if Rich already posted in here, but he's getting a bunch of these (variants and cover a) signed tomorrow at Third Eye by Jason Aaron. Seeing as how this is basically sold out everywhere I'd jump at this chance.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7657597&Main=339042#Post7657597

Edited by Symbiotic

35k+? That print run figure seems to high. One of the bigger stores in Atlanta had a sole copy by noon. The other store I went to had all of five ordered.

Then also...the variants should be factored in as well right? I mean the print runs of the variants will be added to its print run? Anybody correct me if im wrong but the numbers of the fp variant and the others will add up to its count right?

35k is a little too high but that was the higher ebd of my estimate :) it will play between 25 to 35 keyword between :)

Ugh. Someone asked a question, and I answered it. The print run, inclusive of all variant covers, is in the 35k - 40k range. Sometimes I don't know why I bother!

35k+? That print run figure seems to high. One of the bigger stores in Atlanta had a sole copy by noon. The other store I went to had all of five ordered.

Then also...the variants should be factored in as well right? I mean the print runs of the variants will be added to its print run? Anybody correct me if im wrong but the numbers of the fp variant and the others will add up to its count right?

35k is a little too high but that was the higher ebd of my estimate :) it will play between 25 to 35 keyword between :)

Ugh. Someone asked a question, and I answered it. The print run, inclusive of all variant covers, is in the 35k - 40k range. Sometimes I don't know why I bother!

+1

aren't there just 3?

There is an image posted earlier in the thread with the original copy and 4 variants, so at least four thus far.

Third Eye Comics, Forbidden Comics, DCBS, and CBLDF

I think Third Eye and DCBS have a 1,000 print run each. CBLDF is the lowest.

No different than Black Science

No.

They are each 1k