• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Southern Bastards from Image
2 2

989 posts in this topic

Store owners should really read this forum.

what a terrible idea, they would've over-ordered the book if they were aware of pre-release cult following that this book was developing.

Shut your trap and keep quiet.

:roflmao:

>>Store owners should really read this forum.<<

There are only a few hundred quality retailers in the world.

They have plenty of Southern Bastards & have little need of the CGC boards input.

The other 1,700 should probably read the CGC boards.

Edited by LarrysComics

My main LCS that orders very heavy on Image #1s blew through 'em fast, and a couple other shops I hit up regularly sold out the 1st day. I think it's 50% speculation and 50% the book is eye catching and so damn good

They have plenty of Southern Bastards & have little need of the CGC boards input.

Your quality retailer estimate is on the high side.

Sadly, most LCS owners are fairly nice guys who love comic books, but are poor businessmen.

Sadly, most LCS owners are fairly nice guys who love comic books, but are poor businessmen.

Considering I worked on the comic shop census for ComicsPro for over a year, I think I'll stand with my number...

Thanks for your insight though.

100% Agree. The LCS around here ordered either low or none on East of West and the same on this title. I'm still very surprised that Midtown sold out as quickly as they did. Somebody had to order 35-40,000. (shrug)

Larry's having a bad day. lol

*shrug*

Okee Dokee..

I just find the perception that retailers are the Keystone cops & CGC board members are shrewd in the know businessmen, hilarious.

I completely agree. On good days you are much more articulate or simply don't care.

*shrug*

Okee Dokee..

I just find the perception that retailers are the Keystone cops & CGC board members are shrewd in the know businessmen, hilarious.

I completely agree. On good days you are much more articulate or simply don't care.

Gotcha...

Considering I worked on the comic shop census for ComicsPro for over a year, I think I'll stand with my number...

Thanks for your insight though.

Looking back at my comments, I didn't mean to sound insulting. I get that you and many others have their stuff squared away. I get flustered that my LCS don't seem to put the same forethought and effort that the strong comic shops do. Unfortunately for me, my local guys don't seem to read what they sell anymore. I know that this doesn't reflect the entirety of the market and I also acknowledge that this is you living and my hobby, so my bad. :foryou:

*shrug*

Okee Dokee..

Don't take it personally. You know your stuff. Many of your brethren do not. (shrug)