• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Southern Bastards from Image
2 2

989 posts in this topic

All this hype makes me glad that I picked up 9 copies at my LCS last week. They had about 30 in stock at the time, but I cherry picked the ones that didnt have any production/condition issues!! I hope the trend continues!

It's a bit of catch-22, if speculators are the only ones buying, it takes opportunity away from potential readers.

All this hype makes me glad that I picked up 9 copies at my LCS last week. They had about 30 in stock at the time, but I cherry picked the ones that didnt have any production/condition issues!! I hope the trend continues!

It's a bit of catch-22, if speculators are the only ones buying, it takes opportunity away from potential readers.

100% agree. Its always a fine line. Pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered. lol

Well if 9 copies is hogish I may have to sell a few copies!

Nope. I was referring to an overall picture. Not you or anybody else other than a collective which I'm sometimes part of. I certainly didn't mean for that comment to be read that way. By the way, if you're selling... lol

Do whatever you want, they're your books. Just remember that unless you plan on holding long-term, and then slowly sell into growing demand, the 'hype' will just fizzle out like so many other 'hot' books. Price only lasts when it's sustainable, and there needs to be steady readers for that to happen.

I just went read through my issue, it was solid, I might add it to my sub although I'm really far behind on my pull-list as it is.

Edited by spreads

hype or no...I had some up for a couple of days for cheap an they aren't selling....maybe it's a slow burn?

Shipping from Canada can limit sales sometimes i see tons selling for $10 or more auctions are the real star at this point. (thumbs u

Yeah now that shipping has gone up 40 percent on us....but I still can do cheap shipping inside canada...

And now even ebay is making it difficult, always changing the rules on us....still waiting on a good alternative, freebay!!!

Oh good. Another thread about a book with what looks to be a great story is on the verge of becoming unreadable.

Maybe I'm in the minority - on the evidence of the posts so far, I am - but all this "how many copies are here, how many are there, how many have I bought, how many have you bought, should I buy more, it's a mini, oh that's weak, oh no it isn't a mini, bla bla bla"... is already getting tiresome.

Most threads in the modern forum dedicated to specific books are just dominated by speculation chat or discussion about art prices, and I think that's a shame.

Oh good. Another thread about a book with what looks to be a great story is on the verge of becoming unreadable.

Maybe I'm in the minority - on the evidence of the posts so far, I am - but all this "how many copies are here, how many are there, how many have I bought, how many have you bought, should I buy more, it's a mini, oh that's weak, oh no it isn't a mini, bla bla bla"... is already getting tiresome.

Most threads in the modern forum dedicated to specific books are just dominated by speculation chat or discussion about art prices, and I think that's a shame.

oh, I totally agree, but how many did you manage to snag.

lol

lol

One of each cover - although I could have bought as many as I wanted (of the standard cover anyway). It's not very common at all for Forbidden Planet in London to be cleaned out of any book on the day of release - not a big one like this anyway. There were at least a couple of hundred on the shelves when I finally got there last Friday.

lol

One of each cover - although I could have bought as many as I wanted (of the standard cover anyway). It's not very common at all for Forbidden Planet in London to be cleaned out of any book on the day of release - not a big one like this anyway. There were at least a couple of hundred on the shelves when I finally got there last Friday.

Ok, I was a little worried you were one of those joining the ranks of the unsullied, glad to hear you picked up a few.

As for the comment that the book was soon to become unreadable, I don't get that comment. There are Digital prints, both legal and illegal, the TPBs which collect a few volumes of the book, heck, if it's popular enough, a fan made motion comic on youtube. INACCESSIBLE would be the least of my concerns when it comes to readers.

lol

Ok, I was a little worried you were one of those joining the ranks of the unsullied, glad to hear you picked up a few.

As for the comment that the book was soon to become unreadable, I don't get that comment. There are Digital prints, both legal and illegal, the TPBs which collect a few volumes of the book, heck, if it's popular enough, a fan made motion comic on youtube. INACCESSIBLE would be the least of my concerns when it comes to readers.

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're being serious: I was talking about this thread becoming unreadable, not the book.

There were at least a couple of hundred on the shelves when I finally got there last Friday.

You shouldn't have said this, the speculators will have the mods delete this post. :makepoint:

lol

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're being serious: I was talking about this thread becoming unreadable, not the book.

:roflmao: sorry, misunderstood that comment. But I also have no problem with the direction of the thread, it's always so during the speculative phase that chatter would focus on value and numbers. Give them time to divest themselves of their copies and for those copies to filter to the ranks of the readers and collectors, than we might have a more substantive thread not focused on speculation but rather more on the story.