• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DC and Marvel movie results: 1978 to present
5 5

783 posts in this topic

I wonder if it can catch ASM.

That Burton Batman sticks out though. It's not something I really like but that budget, that Box office, not to mention the licensing aspect because that bat symbol was everywhere back then.

Look at Men in Black too. That good '90s $.

I wonder if it can catch ASM.

I don't think it will, only because it is missing out on the Chinese box office. But at this point, this movie has brought more surprises than ever expected.

Look at Men in Black too. That good '90s $.

Amazing how that little franchise has delivered such large results.

TOkKxaw.png

No wonder why Sony wants to figure a way to merge this with 22 Jump Street.

That little Deadpool movie. It just passed up X-Men: Days of Future Past on the Top 20 Worldwide Box Office (Adjusted) list.

:o

p0fbVMl.png

If Deadpool came out in 2014, it would have been the top movie for the year domestically! :o

Edited by rjrjr

Went ahead and captured both the WEEKLY and WEEKEND dropoff rates for DC and Marvel films.

dVX71Fl.png

8a3PsU1.png

I'll have to quality check the best-worst color coding. But I think they are right.

If current estimates hold, or have even a small variance, Batman v Superman passed up not only X-Men: Days of Future Past. It also passed up Deadpool, Guardians of the Galaxy and The Amazing Spider-Man in one weekend.

nRAWusb.png

It will pass up Batman (1989) in the next day as well.

If current estimates hold, or have even a small variance, Batman v Superman passed up not only X-Men: Days of Future Past. It also passed up Deadpool, Guardians of the Galaxy and The Amazing Spider-Man in one weekend.

nRAWusb.png

it's crazy the film is only on it's third week is going to be interesting where it's at during the 8th week.

nRAWusb.png

it's crazy the film is only on it's third week is going to be interesting where it's at during the 8th week.

had a $57MM WW weekend, will barely top $900MM

nRAWusb.png

had a $57MM WW weekend, will barely top $900MM

if it's able to pull another $200 million WW before it leaves threater is going to be interesting for sure. i know i still planing on going to see it again but work has kept me busy.

Weekend dropoff for Batman v Superman was not as steep as expected (60%). And with Deadpool in its 9th weekend, it fared better than even DC and Marvel's average drop-off rates.

gKpY6Wg.png

Batman v Superman and Deadpool have had some additional changes. Though no shifts in the Top 20 list.

hqsYhx4.png

But by the time Deadpool hits Japan in June, I wonder if it will have enough to pass Guardians of the Galaxy's adjusted Worldwide Box office. It would take another $19.9 MM just to match it. I just don't think it will.

LCx5XQZ.png

Just amazing numbers from Deadpool. Add to this Batman v Superman's results and the comic book hobby is a goldmine in Hollywood's viewpoint.

Now where's my Grimjack and Rocketeer/Shadow movies?

:sumo:

The topic of biggest movie budgets came up the other day, which is an interesting topic. As at times the details get lost in the news.

List of most expensive films

Someone did a lot of research on the topic, including capturing adjusted USD in their comparison.

With adjusted dollars:

1) Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides: $398 MM

2) Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End: $342 MM

3) Titanic: $295 MM

4) Spider-Man 3: $294 MM

5) Tangled: $282 MM

6) Avengers: Age of Ultron: $280

7) Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince: $276 MM

8) John Carter: $272 MM

9) Waterworld: $267 MM

10) Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest: $264 MM

11) Avatar: $261 MM