• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DC and Marvel movie results: 1978 to present
5 5

783 posts in this topic

I think they should have led w/harley instead of suicide squad. Harley could have 'deadpooled' before deadpool.

as has been noted, it can be very tough to hit ALL the notes when you're doing a bunch of characters. BvS could barely balance the stories of 3 characters properly.

They're trying to 'GOTG' instead, which isn't bad if they can do it....

There's like 15 main characters in SS compared to the 7 or 8 in GOTG. Seems pretty crowded to me. I expect Infinity War will be just as crowded, but they have 2 films to work everyone into the picture. It could be tough doing that in 150 mins with a new series. That's an average of only 10 mins per character. I hope they make it work. :wishluck:

Edited by chezmtghut

As of Thursday's box office updates.

xff8k6R.png

r1vuGoD.png

Deadpool could be surpassing Guardians of the Galaxy even with an inflation adjustment now that the Japanese box office has kicked in.

:whee:

Deadpool has now surpassed Guardians of the Galaxy on both historic and inflation-adjusted USD worldwide.

cGGv57s.png

NQMLpvs.png

:applause:

Now why can't Fox do that more often with its X-Franchise movies?

Deadpool turned out to have higher numbers than originally estimated.

OzEeDEr.png

VVQZBdj.png

It is now $3 MM above where Guardians ended at the box office. And to surpass a movie of that caliber says a lot for Deadpool and the fanatics that helped make it a success.

:applause:

Those crazy International markets and their over-statement on results just pulled Deadpool back by $3 MM. Still exceeded Guardians. But not by such a massive amount.

8aZU3JL.png

Apocalypse finally broke into the Top 28 based on worldwide results.

CWsiG9E.png

Now I wonder if Deadpool will surpass The Amazing Spider-Man since it is right on the edge.