• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DC and Marvel movie results: 1978 to present
5 5

783 posts in this topic

On 12/6/2023 at 8:00 PM, jaybuck43 said:

Don't pay for it.  Best Buy gives out 3 month free trials all the time.

Yes, I used the free three month trials. 

They give it out on on Apple product purchases.  I think they even gave me one when I bought an Apple Air Tag.   

I do not want to start creating multiple Apple IDs to get free three month trials considering what I am running on the network.  I am happy I have everything talking to one another in the house from account to account and device to device as well as the multiple shared services we are all on within the family.  I am not rocking that boat. 

On 12/12/2023 at 9:41 AM, Mr Sneeze said:

Hard to imagine any big budgets going ahead for comicbook movies. 

Force them to get creative, and maybe worry about character and story over spectacle again.  Look back to Deadpool, I know it is a few years old at that point, but the budget was $58M. Look at Joker, and a small budget, especially by comic movie standards. Each did just as well or better then their big budgets siblings. Plus, the path to profit was comparatively low.

Please, somebody show me where the money is being spent on these films?  It sure is not on the screen. Go watch Godzilla Minus One. The reported budget is $15M, and the director claims it is lower than that. It looks way better then anything the MCU has put out the last 3 years.  That entire budget for the movie was significantly less then one episode of She Hulk. Let that sink in.

On 12/12/2023 at 10:34 AM, drotto said:

Force them to get creative, and maybe worry about character and story over spectacle again.  Look back to Deadpool, I know it is a few years old at that point, but the budget was $58M. Look at Joker, and a small budget, especially by comic movie standards. Each did just as well or better then their big budgets siblings. Plus, the path to profit was comparatively low.

Please, somebody show me where the money is being spent on these films?  It sure is not on the screen. Go watch Godzilla Minus One. The reported budget is $15M, and the director claims it is lower than that. It looks way better then anything the MCU has put out the last 3 years.  That entire budget for the movie was significantly less then one episode of She Hulk. Let that sink in.

Joker wasn't a comic book movie. That movie had nothing to do with the Joker.

The Godzilla director actually claimed that the budget was MORE than $15 million. Whatever rumor was out there he corrected it.

On 12/12/2023 at 10:35 AM, Chip Cataldo said:

Joker wasn't a comic book movie. That movie had nothing to do with the Joker.

Yes, it was.

On 12/12/2023 at 10:35 AM, Chip Cataldo said:

The Godzilla director actually claimed that the budget was MORE than $15 million. Whatever rumor was out there he corrected it.

No. He didn't. He said he wished it was that high.

On 12/12/2023 at 10:57 AM, Chip Cataldo said:

Joker was NOT a comic book movie and that was NOT The Joker.

Bruce Wayne, Thomas Wayne, Martha Wayne - come on now. Facts are facts.

I thought the Godzilla director said that he wished it was that low?

Nope. That is not what he said. Read the article in the Godzilla Minus One thread.

Well said!

On 12/12/2023 at 10:47 AM, Bosco685 said:

Yes, it was.

No. He didn't. He said he wished it was that high.

Joker was NOT a comic book movie and that was NOT The Joker.

Dude, you'd argue the sky isn't blue. 

This is ridiculous now. 

If it wasn't a comic book movie, what was it?

Other movie houses are doing it successfully. I've already mentioned Blumhouse more than once. 

I started a thread for this specific reason, to discuss how movie houses are profitable and how that is changing but moderation felt it wasn't worth approving the thread when in fact, it's actually a VERY good discussion to have because the landscape is changing drastically in the movie industry, the theater industry and everywhere in between. 

The industry is facing the largest upheaval it's ever faced and I suspect in a year or two we won't recognize it anymore. 

We're never going back to 2019 in many ways, and the movie industry is one clear example of this. Society's will has been broken and it's grown back entirely differently. 

On 12/12/2023 at 3:56 PM, Chip Cataldo said:

So that was the Joker from the comics?

It’s the Joker, so still a comic book movie but just a different interpretation and style. 

On 12/12/2023 at 4:06 PM, CAHokie said:

It’s the Joker, so still a comic book movie but just a different interpretation and style. 

Using the logic he's using, NONE of the characters in any of the Marvel or DC movies are actual comic book characters.

On 12/6/2023 at 8:09 AM, Bosco685 said:

Hope not. There is years of discussion and details in this thread.

Better to eliminate the more inflammatory comments and keep it semi-reasonable.

I absolutely agree.  I was rereading some of the older posts from 2014-2015 on the topic at home.