• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Have A Cigar

1,373 posts in this topic

Avon's covers are great, but sometimes the stories are pretty dull. I am psyched i landed a phantom witch doctor recently, one of my fave avon covers

What!!!!!!!!! shocked.gif Did you really get one? Been looking a long time! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Pictures...where are they! 893frustrated.gif

A welcome addition to my WWII covers collection, courtesy of the recent Comic Heaven auction. Graded as a Fine, this one has nice eye appeal: the pencil mark (original owner's or retailer's initials?) doesn't bother me, and the couple of cover paper "pulls" are not overly noticeable thanks to the light yellow color scheme.

Gotta love those patriotic Raboy covers!

235273-capjr25.JPG

I met a grizzled, long-haired, bushy bearded George Perez at my first big Comic Book Convention in 1981 when I was 13. New Teen Titans was the hottest book on the racks, Perez was HOT-HOT-HOT, and the show was pretty good for a college town of 100K people. I still have the program signed by Perez, Pat Broderick, CC Beck, Bob Mcleod, Joe Sinardi, Rudy Young, and a few others(??). After digging his Teen Titans work, I picked up a bunch of his Avengers and FF work, but he hadn't done anything on the Hulk!! No Hulk...until Future Imperfect that is, and it was worth the wait as it's one of my favorite Hulk stories.

Anyhow, for the last couple years I've been tempted to get a commission or con sketch (as he must attend 90% of the big shows) of the last page of Part 1 of Future Imperfect, but now I don't have to! Here's the page that inspired my ebay name, and arrived today in the mail:

futureimperfect.jpg