• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Have A Cigar

1,373 posts in this topic

Hmmmm I have several 70's mags with Jeff Jones covers in front of me. Nightmare #6, Weird Tales of Macabre #1 (I like Issue #2 more Great Boris Cover).The Psycho is the best though since it's a double cover. I know you only want copies in NM or better so won't offend you with a offer to buy them..... smirk.gif
893scratchchin-thumb.gif
confused.gif

Hey ZOnker - cool book. Looks like the scan is cropped a mite o all four edges? If not, very nice indeed! If so, could you attach a full scan with some extra blank space around the edges?

Hey Pov! The scan did look funny, but I was in a hurry and decided not to investigate further. Shoulda known you'd call me on it... I recall cropped scans on eBay is one of your pet peeves (not that I'm trying to sell anybody anything here, 27_laughing.gif!) Here's the same book scanned in the mylite, to trick the scanner into catching all the edges (Still new at this scanning game, must be a more elegant way of handling).

I do confess I got a lump in my throat at the thought this book might have been trimmed, but I've compared to my beat-ta-hell copy, and the cover image seems 100% there (certainly in the horizontal-- my 2 books are slightly offset from each other in the vertical dimension, but nevertheless equal in overall height)

231186-hom_better.JPG

Cheers,

Z.

231186-hom_better.JPG.d4ba3a69f4dcd4902e5d45efdc11ab7b.JPG

Zonker - when you scan the book do you get a "preview" shot first? Then, from there, you make the final scan?

If so, check for a "marquee" - a dotted line - around the image. You should be able to place your mouse pointer on the dotted line and "drag" it away from the edges of the comic, therby including some of the "background" all around the scan. I can't speak for all scanner software but the three I have used all allow this.

Nice #100!

I won a comic I've wanted for a long time from Heritage tonight, and I actually paid under guide! smile.gif

I don't have the scan of the actual book I won, but here's a link to the cover. It's Strange Tales #97, and was graded VF- 7.5 by CGC. It's the Prototype issue, and features the first appearances of Uncle Ben and Aunt May and it came out before Amazing Fantasy #15. cloud9.gif

http://monsterblog.oneroom.org/strange_tales_97.html

Nice #100!

I won a comic I've wanted for a long time from Heritage tonight, and I actually paid under guide! smile.gif

I don't have the scan of the actual book I won, but here's a link to the cover. It's Strange Tales #97, and was graded VF- 7.5 by CGC. It's the Prototype issue, and features the first appearances of Uncle Ben and Aunt May and it came out before Amazing Fantasy #15. cloud9.gif

http://monsterblog.oneroom.org/strange_tales_97.html

That has to be the absolute closest prototype that ever existed. First time I read it I almost shuddered. I mean, that really IS Aunt May and Uncle Ben. Absolutely NO question.

GREAT pick. This is a fave of mine from the pre-heroes!

That has to be the absolute closest prototype that ever existed. First time I read it I almost shuddered. I mean, that really IS Aunt May and Uncle Ben. Absolutely NO question.

GREAT pick. This is a fave of mine from the pre-heroes!

Thanks! smile.gif It books for $280 in VF, and I only paid $207 for my VF- copy! Figured I'd have to spend at least $300 to get it, so I'm really happy! I also won 2 other Heritage auctions tonight for about 20% less than guide. 893applaud-thumb.gif