• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Have A Cigar

1,373 posts in this topic

Won this one on ebay a day or two ago. Of all the Seven Seas covers, this one is the worst, but the book does have lots of cool Matt Baker work in it and my goal is to get a complete run of this title. Only four more to go!

Interestingly, I watched this not sell at $125 then get relisted at $75, just $5 over the good price. It's a VG at least. $75 was a bargain considering that 3, 4, 5, and 6 (the good girl covers) usually go for 2X guide on ebay.

Seven Seas #2

I just bought out one of the local dealers I have been selling for and buying from for the past 3 years completely out of comics. A total of 40,000 to 50,000 books. No real big things, obscure things or super prizes found yet. Well the 3 X-men #1's and 2 Daredevil #1's I got in the deal were cool grin.gif. I also got, not major keys, but cool stuff I like and I am sure lots of other people really like Wonder Woman #199 x 2 and #200 x 1. Jeff Jones Bondage Covers.... cloud9.gif no better Wonder Woman covers I can think of.... cloud9.gif

Just got these today. As I am such a rebel, I WILL NOT post the pictures as a link!

A rebel! We shall call you Johnny Yuma from now on!

Say - don't some of those faces remind you of Scooby Doo characters?

Just got these today. As I am such a rebel, I WILL NOT post the pictures as a link!

Jack = Fred

Janet = Daphne

Ardeth = Velma

sumo.gif

Jack = Fred

Janet = Daphne

Ardeth = Velma

sumo.gif

Greggy = Scooby Doo... 27_laughing.gif

I thought this might work - but the results will say if it is sweet or a dudzola! I thought it would be fun to have a place in Comics General to simply show off the latest acquistions we are especially pleased with.

Here's my latest acquisition. This is actually my old copy (a CGC 5.0), and I just bought a CGC 8.0 copy. smile.gif

amaz13.jpg

I killed two birds with one stone today, both of which were years in making: I bought Order of the Phoenix, which I'll be reading in a marathon session starting tonight and then went to the Post Office to pick up this beauty:

dd1Thumb.jpg" height="370" width="250

With this upgrade, my Daredevil run is now complete in high grade. I also got my first Western Penn book.

Congrats - that Western Penn you got is in awesome shape, and the Daredevil #1 you now own is OK too. tongue.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif

27_laughing.gif. I can't stop looking at it. I've owned many DD 1s (I have multiples now) but I've never had a really nice copy. This one is pretty much everything I could have asked for inside my budget for the book. GREAT eye appeal. Now if I can just ignore the upgrade impulse I can stop buying Dardevils.

The chances of that happening are slim to none, of course, but it can't hurt to dream.

The Western Penn book is very nice. I'd like to get my hands on some Silver Age examples (one of these days I'll win one of the Daredevils) in order to really check out the preservation, but this copy is very, very sharp. Plus, it double-dips on movie speculation since both Shang Chi and Man Thing might end up in theaters. shocked.gif