• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Have A Cigar

1,373 posts in this topic

DC6CGCback.JPG

[!@#%^&^]. Now that I see the back cover I can only say: "THAT'S a 9.4?!?!?!?!?" 893frustrated.gif

Better than your copy! 893blahblah.gif

DC6CGCback.JPG

[!@#%^&^]. Now that I see the back cover I can only say: "THAT'S a 9.4?!?!?!?!?" 893frustrated.gif

Better than your copy! 893blahblah.gif

I don't know, after my Big Warehouse Find (which contained 35 longboxes of that particular book), I'm tempted to send one or nine in for grading...

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Hey...this thread is sacred....don't be hatin'.... 893naughty-thumb.gif

Come on, Rick... even you must admit that book looks like it was graded by... well, you.

stooges.gif

Yes...I do agree...and give it a "Rick Mint" 9.4 ... action-smiley-085.gif

Nice book...it was the first super-spec i bought as a kid...very jealous here....you going to go for this one too?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2180576676&category=33808

J.D.

Nah...that one is way overpriced! I have imo at least 3 copies that are 9.4 quality that will eventually get graded! cool.gif

I know most of you guys don't care too much for non US books, but I won these after the vault auction closed. 18 books for less than $1- US a book and they are all from the 50's. Hope the oz comic market picks up one day. Anyway, thought you might like to see some of the covers.

Aussie comics

This is a terrific thread and I want to pitch in as well with a new arrival:

Carl Barks: original (censored) splash to "Trick or Treat", 1952. Among the

earliest surviving examples of inked Barks originals, this piece had been in

a private collection for more than 25 years. I felt very privileged when I

got the opportunity to purchase it. The transaction confirmed my experience

that Barks collectors are among the nicest and most honest people I have

met.

I hope Barks will forgive me for cropping out part of the art (including some

pencilled notes he made) - I want to play it safe after following the many

cases of image theft on eBay.

ttsplash1.jpg

ttsplash2.jpg

I thought this might work - but the results will say if it is sweet or a dudzola! I thought it would be fun to have a place in Comics General to simply show off the latest acquistions we are especially pleased with.

Here are 2 of my winnings from the Heritage Auction:

bcat33.jpg

and this awesome piece of art! cloud9.gif Here is the description from the Heritage catalog:

Larry Lieber - Original Art for Marvel Super-Heroes #20, page 24 (Marvel, ). This brooding, final page from the first solo Dr. Doom story is brought to you by Larry Lieber, a Fantastic Four vet. It's not his grim, metal mask that are forever his merciless prison...but the man himself....the tortured, twisted being whom the world calls only... Doom! Lieber's sense of space and drama effectively capture the tortured Doom. The overall page size is 11.5" x 17.5" with a 10" x 15" image area. The work shows some very minimal aging, and there is a small tape stain behind the lower type balloon. Est. 400-up.

Anyone want to guess how much I had to pay for it? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

art.jpg

Good score on that BCM #33 Matt...the cover on that book really stood out and I think I even may have lodged a pretty lame bid on it....that's is one great book there... 893whatthe.gif

The OA page is nice too....no guess on the final bid... crazy.gif