• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Have A Cigar

1,373 posts in this topic

view attachment for a bigger pic, from the thor 337 thread:

currently it's death (from n. gaiman's sandman), half of her pretty face, and the other half is her skull while holding her ankh.

119483-death5.jpg.f19410be970a818944144f0d76940691.jpg

Just picked up this book.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=32728&item=2162374052&rd=1

...Has been on my want list for more years than I can remember. Missed 2 copies on Ebay the last 6 months, so this one was not getting away. Cant wait to get it.

Matt, those are some nice looking books. I didn't realize that you were so into the non-superhero suspense/horror genre. I am starting to get into that stuff a bit myself.

Good stuff . . .

DAM

Don't want to rub it in but I got these books recently!

PS26.JPG

SDC18.JPG

The Phantom Stranger 26 is a CGC 9.4 with OWW pages.

The Super DC Giant S-18 is a CGC 9.0 with OWW pages - Western Penn pedigree.

Ah, they're working now. Curse that Greggy and his sweet, sweet DCs!!!!!!!! Maybe I can marry him a la Anna Nicole Smith and weasel my way into his will... then I can slowly poison him and.............. am I typing this out loud?

Nothing to see here, people! Move along... blush.gif

"Not at all sure why but that Phantom Stranger puts me in mind of Wrightson's Swamp Thing 7"

Here it is. I forgot what a great cover this is. I just pulled out Swamp Thing 1-10 and they are all great covers.

st7.jpg

Thanks for the Swamp Thing 7 scan. There is a great panel inside where you see a closeup of the bat suit on a chair and it looks like a gnarled, clawed batman sitting there. Have tpo say I loved the way Wrightson portrayed Batman.