• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Have A Cigar

1,373 posts in this topic

My latest acquisitions...

Solar0pgs.jpg

Original color-art (with text overlays) for both the first appearance of

Gayle Nordheim (Solar, Man of the Atom's girlfriend) --right--

and the first appearance of Dr. Erica Pierce (Unity's Mothergod) --left--

(Story by Jim Shooter, art by Barry Windsor-Smith, hand-colored by Janet "JJ" Jackson)

These came straight from Ms. Jackson herself!

First printed in Solar, Man of the Atom #1 (1991).

(Reprinted in Solar: Alpha & Omega trade paperback,

and the Solar: Alpha & Omega #0 Hardcover.)

...ahhh...I may have early-Valiant-fever...but that's some good stuff! grin.gif

I had a couple of those color guides (X-O and Magnus pages) when Valiant was smoking hot. Janet was running around to all the comics stores on Long Island trying to get rid of them... not too many takers though. I thought they were pretty cool even though I over paid for them ($50 a pop). A few months later I traded the 6 I had for an Amazing #1 in solid fine++. The seller of the Spidey must kick himself in the [!@#%^&^] every time he thinks of that deal. grin.gif

Very nice FF 10. White pages too!

What did that set you back, if you don't mind me asking?

Nice books........

The Voodo 8 looks particularly intersting.

Was going to post this in your "Punchline" thread POV, but didn't want to Spam the board. smirk.gif Picked up raw on ebay...Schomburg sci-fi airbrush cover, Frazetta interior!

won17.jpg

"My new best friend!"

Was going to post this in your "Punchline" thread POV, but didn't want to Spam the board.

No! It isn't MY PUNCHLINE thread. I thought it would be fun for all of us to add a good punchline strikes us! I just happened to make the thread, but I hope all of us use it.

PS - good punchline! grin.gif