• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fantastic Four #1 - opinions please

24 posts in this topic

Described as G/VG. These are all the scans I have and as big as were sent to me.

Grade seems about right. Really like the page quality and whiteness of the covers.

Would you buy this book for $3000?

00u0u_e1B47hT6Dev_600x450.jpg

00i0i_2dGlRVFH0be_600x450.jpg

00l0l_6IdcgcbwhTp_600x450.jpg

00z0z_bqpLlqSHmgh_600x450.jpg

If it was my money, I'd be wanting bigger scans or I wouldn't buy.

Buying comics from strangers is a gamble at the best of times. (Assuming this is someone you've never dealt with before.)

But yeah, the page quality is nice and the inside covers too.

I'll be buying in person. I wouldn't go that route either buying sight unseen.

Assume no surprises and no detectable restoration.

I would buy it for that, given seeing it in hand and hopefully not having any restoration. It looks very nice for the grade.

Images are too small to judge, though color and page quality looks good. Even in person I'd want to feel assured that it is unlikely to have restoration.

Personally that much chipping would bug me, but if the rest of the book is really sweet I could see the grade.

It's difficult to tell from the small pictures provided, however 3.5 doesn't seem to be out of reality but as noted seeing it first hand is far more important when spending this kind of money.

Good luck with your attempted acquisition. We would be interested to hear any updates!

Not sure if it's something you may be interested in but there is a FF#1

a boardie has up in the sales threads....slabbed 2.5 $2300

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7632987&gonew=1#UNREAD

I missed the price drop to $1900. Looks like that got folks off the fence, not sure if I would have dropped the hammer if I had seen it first.

Sometimes, CGC may not give a harsh grade on Marvel chipping.

I had ASM #1 CGC 5.0 with some chipping on the right edge. It is always a gamble to own FF #1 because the price is consistent and goes up every year.

I missed the chance to grab #1 CGC 2.5 for $1700 back in 2009.