• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE FANTASTIC FOUR #1 CLUB
14 14

1,088 posts in this topic

On 6/16/2022 at 9:53 AM, Batmanis#1 said:

The hot book right now in the top SA list FF1 CGC 9.0 white pages sold for 420 000$ at HA today.

Yup, it is the flavor of the month.  Seeing a bunch of copies that sold and are currently at auction as we speak. Eventually, like the other major SA keys that sold for higher prices last year, this book will also see a correction.

On 6/16/2022 at 6:20 PM, Ltpink2002 said:

9.0 was a good deal considering 8.5 was 350,000 one week ago and 9.2 was 1,500,000 in April.

As the seller of said book I agree.

But there were lots of soft results. The 9.6 Daredevil 1 (not mine) went for 30% less than last years. My 9.4 Aquaman 1 went for 40% less than last year. There are 16 more Truckee Meadows books in this signature. Three tomorrow and thirteen Saturday iirc. And I’m expecting pretty much all of them to go 20-40% cheaper than they would have in April. Lots of folks don’t feel as wealthy as they did eight weeks ago. And bids rein in as a result.

On 6/16/2022 at 9:55 PM, lighthouse said:

As the seller of said book I agree.

But there were lots of soft results. The 9.6 Daredevil 1 (not mine) went for 30% less than last years. My 9.4 Aquaman 1 went for 40% less than last year. There are 16 more Truckee Meadows books in this signature. Three tomorrow and thirteen Saturday iirc. And I’m expecting pretty much all of them to go 20-40% cheaper than they would have in April. Lots of folks don’t feel as wealthy as they did eight weeks ago. And bids rein in as a result.

Dang, you were the seller of the FF1?  Did you feel disappointed?  Whoever bought it got a steal of a deal. 

On 11/18/2022 at 5:00 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Huge upgrade and I actually think I got it for a reasonable price.  I can't get over how white it is.

image.thumb.jpeg.83846e0388e07f2940af4b9f7889f439.jpeg

I was taking a hard look into it too as a bidder. But decided to opt out.  There will be more. 

Congrats on a sweet pickup! It sure is a beautiful 8.0 copy! Hopefully the Heritage scans of the book are accurate in person. I believe a few boardies complained that the scans were tweaked to make it look brighter and nicer. Hopefully it's no longer the case.

On 11/19/2022 at 1:25 AM, Dark Knight said:

I was taking a hard look into it too as a bidder. But decided to opt out.  There will be more. 

Congrats on a sweet pickup! It sure is a beautiful 8.0 copy! Hopefully the Heritage scans of the book are accurate in person. I believe a few boardies complained that the scans were tweaked to make it look brighter and nicer. Hopefully it's no longer the case.

People complained specifically about the scans for this book?

I've been buying from Heritage for years -- and while I agree their scans show books in their best possible light, I've never felt like I was outright deceived by one of their scans.

On 11/18/2022 at 5:00 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Huge upgrade and I actually think I got it for a reasonable price.  I can't get over how white it is.

image.thumb.jpeg.83846e0388e07f2940af4b9f7889f439.jpeg

congratulations on an awesome book! the picture looks good to me. the label is not blown out, which is often a clue to when a seller has tweaked the levels to hide flaws.

what's your white page undercopy, and when/where you selling it? :bigsmile:

On 11/19/2022 at 5:02 AM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

People complained specifically about the scans for this book?

I've been buying from Heritage for years -- and while I agree their scans show books in their best possible light, I've never felt like I was outright deceived by one of their scans.

No not about this book, but a few books that were won in the past. I dunno maybe Heritage has gotten better displaying the books naturally with their scanning, but I've read that a few complained that they have tweaked it to look better.

I think I had just one experience, but it wasn't anything major with the back cover when I received the book in hand. It was suttle that I just let it be.