• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sketch opps that take to long...

105 posts in this topic

[font:Book Antiqua]

Could anyone please name the artist?

I hate ambiguous and cryptic threads...[/font]

:facepalm:doh!

[font:Book Antiqua]Thank you for the info (xxx).

why someone begin a thread to complain

about an artist without naming him is beyond me...[/font]

:whatev:

I'm relatively new to the art game here. But seeing quite a few of these nightmare opps posted publicly as well as hearing about private ones will only keep people away. I've signed up for a few opps this year so far and everything with them seems to be going fine. But I definitely pay attention to the artists and facilitators past actions in previous opps before deciding to join one.

I agree with this 100%. As a relative rookie to boards and the opp scene I tend to focus on participating in opps that are run by grizzled vets or involve artists that have rock solid reps amongst the community. I've been fairly fortunate so far and I cringe every time a run across a thread where things went completely wheels off.

Someone mentioned it earlier... the idea of a thread to monitor active opps which could provide some transparency and accountability if things start lagging.

it must be one of these guys:'

OCLAIR ALBERT

PAUL GULACY

HOWARD PORTER

JIM APARO

CRAIG HAMILTON

JOE QUESADA

MARK BAGLEY

SCOTT HANNA

RODNEY RAMOS

CHRIS BATISTA

TAN ENG HUAT

GINA GOING-RANEY

JON BOGDANOVE

JACK JADSON

TOM RANEY

JUNE BRIGMAN

PHIL JIMENEZ

JORDAN RASKIN

ERIC CANNON

RUY JOSE ROY RICHARDSON

NICK CARDY

DAN JURGENS PRENTISS ROLLINS

SEAN CHEN

LEONARD KIRK MARSHALL ROGERS

JIMMY CHEUNG

SCOTT KOBLISH

JOHN ROMITA, JR.

MATTHEW CLARK

ADAM KUBERT

JOE ROSAS

JOHNNY D

ANDY KUBERT

LUKE ROSS

SHANE DAVIS

ANDY LANNING

JOSEF RUBINSTEIN

ANDREA DiVITO

BOB LARKIN

PATRICK SCHERBERGER

KIERON DWYER

BOB LAYTON

CAM SMITH

DALE EAGLESHAM

LEONARDO MANCO

JOHN STANISCI

STEVE EPTING

TOM McCRAW

JOE STATON

FABRIZIO FIORENTINO STEVE McNIVEN

JOHN STOKES

LEE GARBETT DANNY MIKI

BILLY TAN

JOSE LUIS GARCIA-LOPEZ

STEVE MONTANO

ART THIBERT

RON GARNEY MARK MORALES SAL TRAPANI

KEITH GIFFEN TOM MORGAN RICARDO VILLAGRAN

ALAN GLADFELTER DAN PANOSIAN KEV WALKER

JACKSON GUICE FERNANDO PASARIN Coming Soon BOB WIACEK

GEORGE PEREZ

I saw another forum yesterday similar to ours that keep a running list of artists in a stickied thread. People were able to rate the artist and let the others know how the Op went.

I do not see why everyone here is not wanting to name names. It would be to everyone's benefit and I do not see any harm in it.

Discuss....... :gossip::popcorn:

I saw another forum yesterday similar to ours that keep a running list of artists in a stickied thread. People were able to rate the artist and let the others know how the Op went.

I do not see why everyone here is not wanting to name names. It would be to everyone's benefit and I do not see any harm in it.

The harm might be that this artist and others may decide not to sign or sketch for CGC if they are called out. Do we want to risk that? Or if you upset another creator by calling out their friend.

That's why I suggested having a thread for opps to show when each opp started. Like finding your favorite creator thread.

I say out the artist who can't do commission on a timetable that they themselves dictate. I know life happens but it also goes on. They have no problem taking your money upfront so they should have no problem doing their job.

Out them all for the interest of preserving the money, time and sanity of fans who commission from artists who turn out to be complete slackers. Why subject someone else to the same pitfall you experienced? At the end of the day, they need us to buy their comics, prints, sketchbooks and commissions. If they can't perform in a timely fashion, don't be in the business.

Some artists know they're slow so they warn fans in advanced when it comes to commissions. I appreciate that. I hate when they take a commission and they drag the commission out like some hit-and-run driver who still has the victim under his car. It's messed up and eats away at your admiration for their work.