• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Reasonable Price for ASM 361

489 posts in this topic

I think the 2nd and 3rd prints of X-Force #100 go for over $100.

Not confirmed, but just what I remember as I was hunting them down for my Registry set.

I think the strangest thing is that #98 didn't ever get a straight up 2nd print.

DeadPool was not a popular character back in the early 90's. I remember the only reason why I picked up a copy was for the first appearance of Domino and to complete the Liefield run between #86 - 100. He was just a cookie cutter villain that was introduced. He was changed into the DeadPool that we all know when he got his own running series with Cable down the road.

Edited by Escaflown4

Not confirmed, but just what I remember as I was hunting them down for my Registry set.

I think the strangest thing is that #98 didn't ever get a straight up 2nd print.

DeadPool was not a popular character back in the early 90's. I remember the only reason why I picked up a copy was for the first appearance of Domino and to complete the Liefield run between #86 - 100. He was just a cookie cutter villain that was introduced. He was changed into the DeadPool that we all know when he got his own running series with Cable down the road.

I'm gonna have to disagree.

I may be completely wrong, but where I grew up, he was an instant hit.

I remember reading X-Force #2 over and over.

Plus, he even got a card (!! haha) in X-Force #1.

And his solo series was where he really gained traction with the fans.

I also believe the 2nd print of #87 actually came out like a year after the 1st print. Can't remember where I read that, but I always thought that was goofy.

It's a little from column A, a little from column B. He wasn't a complete dud on arrival, but he wasn't a hit, either.

Yes, the first solo series (with Joe Mad art, yo!) was the first time he broke out.

I also believe the 2nd print of #87 actually came out like a year after the 1st print. Can't remember where I read that, but I always thought that was goofy.

True. Remember, when New Mutants #87 came out, it wasn't a sellout, and no one cared about it...for about 6 months. But when Liefeld and Cable really went bazonkers with issue #100, Marvel was in the "hey, our gold reprints are really working...let's see what else these suckers will buy!" phase, and books like NM #87, ASM #101, ASM #265, Captain America #282 (YES!) and, of course, the Marvel Milestone Editions, got pumped out in due course.

It's a little from column A, a little from column B. He wasn't a complete dud on arrival, but he wasn't a hit, either.

Yes, the first solo series (with Joe Mad art, yo!) was the first time he broke out.

True. Remember, when New Mutants #87 came out, it wasn't a sellout, and no one cared about it...for about 6 months. But when Liefeld and Cable really went bazonkers with issue #100, Marvel was in the "hey, our gold reprints are really working...let's see what else these suckers will buy!" phase, and books like NM #87, ASM #101, ASM #265, Captain America #282 (YES!) and, of course, the Marvel Milestone Editions, got pumped out in due course.

Are these the only ones that came out a significant amount of time after the first print? I have all of these, and was wondering if there are others. (I know that that one Hulk 3rd print – I can't remember the number right now – also came out years after, but that's not a metallic ink cover.)

Despite the silver cover being a harder comic to find in higher grades, I find this auction suspicious because it has low feedback bidders. Also, r***r has 100% bid activity with the seller? Probably a dummy account bumping up the price.

Because no seller in their right mind would sell a NM+ copy right now. Usually it has one of the two defects above.

Neither of which will negate the potential of a 9.8 grade.

I saw they graded a 10.0 of this book. Now that is something I want to see. My guess is that it doesn't have the slice on the bottom, and is probably wrapped correctly.

I'd like to see that as well. :o

I finally found a raw high grade copy of the book for a decent price to add to my PC, from a book store no less that has a comic section. The price is in CDN $.

Pic doesn't do it justice, hoping for that 9.8 when I get around to submitting.

I finally found a raw high grade copy of the book for a decent price to add to my PC, from a book store no less that has a comic section. The price is in CDN $.

:o You got a copy like that from a book store? Amazing. Does it have the typical slice on the bottom edge of the back?

:o You got a copy like that from a book store? Amazing. Does it have the typical slice on the bottom edge of the back?

It does but barely there. Only slightly on the red nothin on the orange/tan side

It does but barely there. Only slightly on the red nothin on the orange/tan side

Is that a dent / stress on front cover near spiderman's knee on the spine? That's a great find.

one for sale at my local store with the back cover tears, at $25.00. I think that is fair for a 6.5 FN+

Surprised Cletus Kasaday's 1st appearance isn't fetching more.

its not a FN+ if you are giving it that grade solely as a result of the back cover tears.

On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2014 at 3:13 PM, Catwomancomics said:

As soon as Carnage is confirmed in a movie, these books will be going for $400 or more in 9.8. So if you're on the fence, get one now before any official announcement.

If you check eBay recent sales for yesterday, this number is exactly correct.

Give @Catwomancomics a No Prize!

On 4/29/2014 at 10:09 PM, valiantman said:

If GPA represents "reasonable", then the 58 copies of CGC 9.8 sold in the last 90 days average $150.

People can ask whatever price they want for raw or slabbed... but until it sells, it isn't "market price". :grin:

You're not finding a 9.8 for $150. You know this.