• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Reasonable Price for ASM 361

489 posts in this topic

I love how EVERY thread that's longer than a month old has RMA attacking someone's comments then saying they're getting too emotionally involved when he goes at them even harder. *Waits for RMA's drawn out reply as to why. Then, another reply saying I'm getting emotionally involved if I respond with anything other than kissing his * :blahblah: (thumbs u

Emotional response: characterizing my statement of "There are several errors in this post" as "attacking someone's comments."

This is an emotional response, bighaley, because you have a personal problem with me. That's fine, lots of people do. However...allowing your distaste for me personally to color your analysis of what I say is, by definition, responding from emotion. You are posting out of annoyance, not reason.

If I say "2 + 2 = 5" and you say "that is not correct"...are you "attacking my comment"?

Or just pointing out what is true?

Obviously, perceiving it as an "attack" is an emotional, rather than logical, response.

He is just new here or at least I assuming he is. The rest of us are just used to it. Its not like this criticism hasn't been brought up before.

Edited by Fastballspecial

I love how EVERY thread that's longer than a month old has RMA attacking someone's comments then saying they're getting too emotionally involved when he goes at them even harder. *Waits for RMA's drawn out reply as to why. Then, another reply saying I'm getting emotionally involved if I respond with anything other than kissing his * :blahblah: (thumbs u

Emotional response: characterizing my statement of "There are several errors in this post" as "attacking someone's comments."

This is an emotional response, bighaley, because you have a personal problem with me. That's fine, lots of people do. However...allowing your distaste for me personally to color your analysis of what I say is, by definition, responding from emotion. You are posting out of annoyance, not reason.

If I say "2 + 2 = 5" and you say "that is not correct"...are you "attacking my comment"?

Obviously, perceiving it as an "attack" is an emotional, rather than logical, response.

He is just new here or at least I assuming he is. The rest of us are just used to it. Its not like this criticism has been brought up before.

I think you mean "hasn't", and it's still invalid, whenever it's brought up.

I'm not sure who you think "the rest of us" is, or why you think you speak for them.

If you can't handle someone disagreeing with you without getting upset and calling it an "attack"...the internet's probably not the best place for you.

I recommend fluffy kitty land.

Fluffy kitty land...:cloud9:

Pretty much validated my comments with that response. Post less.
personally, I think RMA is one of the best posters on the boards. His points are always well thought out and reasonable, and he doesn't argue from emotion or butthurt. I don't always agree with him but I appreciate his posts. If you don't agree, refute him (shrug) you don't have to like him but he's usually right.

personally, I think RMA is one of the best posters on the boards. His points are always well thought out and reasonable, and he doesn't argue from emotion or butthurt. I don't always agree with him but I appreciate his posts. If you don't agree, refute him (shrug) you don't have to like him but he's usually right.

Excellent!

The agreed upon payment will arrive shortly. Do you think this could qualify for Paypal Personal...?

hm

He is just new here or at least I assuming he is. The rest of us are just used to it. Its not like this criticism has been brought up before.

If you can't handle someone disagreeing with you without getting upset and calling it an "attack"...the internet's probably not the best place for you.

fixed (thumbs u

I'm not sure who you think "the rest of us" is, or why you think you speak for them.

fixed (thumbs u

I still recommend fluffy kitty land.

I hear the Mike Balent pajamas are the cat's meow.

Mike, you are right, RMA actually is one of the best posters on this forum. He comes off as a know it all sometimes, but he does know a lot so that's ok. it annoys me a bit, since I know a good amount to, but ive never complained outside of my own thoughts lol. The problem starts when you question something he posts, counter anything he says he refuses to discuss it. It seems the more you are right, the less he talks. (shrug)

Mike, you are right, RMA actually is one of the best posters on this forum. He comes off as a know it all sometimes, but he does know a lot so that's ok. it annoys me a bit, since I know a good amount to, but ive never complained outside of my own thoughts lol. The problem starts when you question something he posts, counter anything he says he refuses to discuss it. It seems the more you are right, the less he talks. (shrug)

You know I'm right here, and can read this, right...? It's not like I'm out of earshot in another room...these posts stay here... :screwy:

I "come off like a know it all" because people are overly sensitive, and don't like to be challenged. The issue isn't me, the issue is those of you who get upset when someone criticizes what you post, and you adopt a "well, he's just a know it all, anyways!" attitude, to soothe the hurting of the butt, when, if you didn't tie up your ego in what you know, you wouldn't have that problem in the first place.

What you don't understand is that the issue is YOU, not your really rather silly "it seems like the more you are right, the less he talks" claim, which anyone with about 10 minutes of experience with me knows isn't true in the slightest. Refuse to discuss something...? Hi, my name is RMA...have we met?

I simply don't wish to discuss things with YOU, because the discussions lead to all of THIS (as I point at the last 25 or so posts.) That doesn't, however, prevent me from pointing out when you are in error.

Now...how about we stop talking about each other, and get back to the topics, huh?

You know I'm right here, and can read this, right...? It's not like I'm out of earshot in another room...these posts stay here... :screwy:

I "come off like a know it all" because people are overly sensitive, and don't like to be challenged. The issue isn't me, the issue is those of you who get upset when someone criticizes what you post, and you adopt a "well, he's just a know it all, anyways!" attitude, to soothe the hurting of the butt, when, if you didn't tie up your ego in what you know, you wouldn't have that problem in the first place.

What you don't understand is that the issue is YOU, not your really rather silly "it seems like the more you are right, the less he talks" claim, which anyone with about 10 minutes of experience with me knows isn't true in the slightest. Refuse to discuss something...? Hi, my name is RMA...have we met?

I simply don't wish to discuss things with YOU, because the discussions lead to all of THIS (as I point at the last 25 or so posts.) That doesn't, however, prevent me from pointing out when you are in error.

Now...how about we stop talking about each other, and get back to the topics, huh?

As usual.. :blahblah:

As usual.. :blahblah:

You are annoyed when people tell you that you let your emotions dictate your posts, and then you let your emotions dictate your posts. Fascinating. It's like a psychology lab in here.

chemistpm0.gif

Be sure to post how many folks send you PMs about this!

Lets do that, I am big enough to let it go, even though I don't agree with what you just said above. Give it another shot. Tell us about these errors. Lets not go the same route this time.

It's not me it's you. I feel like we're breaking up or something RMA. You could of at least let me go easy. :cry:

:applause:

MUCH better. Having a sense of humor about things is a much better response than all the sturm und drang. And I didn't even correct your grammar!

:whee: