• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Reasonable Price for ASM 361

489 posts in this topic

Figured.

Thank you for confirming!

I have completed an entire run of ASM from AF15,ASM1-700,and the ones in the 425-441 were some of the hardest to find in high grade.

Hey Oakman,

How long did you shop for your AF #15?

I bet a big purchase like that is so fun. Finding the perfect book can take a long time. Or did you get lucky early once you knew you were ready?

I like hearing stories like this....

I actually knew a friend who had one back in 1983,and I saved for about a year.I was working at a Winchell's donut shop baking donuts in the graveyard shift,and going to college in the day.My friend sold me the book for 500.00,which was a ton of money at the time,in hindsight it was a brilliant purchase.It was the first time I ever spent that kind of money on a book,and I still own the book today.It is a nice 5.0ish grade,and will never sell ever.

Figured.

I have completed an entire run of ASM from AF15,ASM1-700,and the ones in the 425-441 were some of the hardest to find in high grade.

Hey Oakman,

I bet a big purchase like that is so fun. Finding the perfect book can take a long time. Or did you get lucky early once you knew you were ready?

I actually knew a friend who had one back in 1983,and I saved for about a year.I was working at a Winchell's donut shop baking donuts in the graveyard shift,and going to college in the day.My friend sold me the book for 500.00,which was a ton of money at the time,in hindsight it was a brilliant purchase.It was the first time I ever spent that kind of money on a book,and I still own the book today.It is a nice 5.0ish grade,and will never sell ever.

Very very cool!

Man, that is awesome!

Figured.

Hey Oakman,

Very very cool!

Man, that is awesome!

:blush:

Figured.

Hey Oakman,

Very very cool!

Man, that is awesome!

Do you still talk to them?

Figured.

Hey Oakman,

Very very cool!

Man, that is awesome!

Do you still talk to them?

No unfortunately, wish I knew where he is. I miss my High School best friend. :sorry:

9.8s -

$245.00 last sale

$220.00 90 day

up from

$187.00 12 month avg

Pretty nice, safe, growth.

I think the glory days of the 2nd print may be over. It is fading fast.

$138.00 90 day vs. $170.00 12 month avg

Edited by vikingreed

The second printing of 361 seems to command a decent price. If you're confident you have a 9.8, go for it.

A bit off-topic, but are there other Copper reprints that might be worth it as well (besides Death of Superman issues)? I've got a few NM #87 reprints and some of the other Marvels with gold/silver ink

I think the 2nd and 3rd prints of X-Force #100 go for over $100.

Not confirmed, but just what I remember as I was hunting them down for my Registry set.

I think the strangest thing is that #98 didn't ever get a straight up 2nd print.

I think the 2nd and 3rd prints of X-Force #100 go for over $100.

Not confirmed, but just what I remember as I was hunting them down for my Registry set.

I think the strangest thing is that #98 didn't ever get a straight up 2nd print.

That issue didn't have the near-immediate after-market that 87 did. As for 100, I imagine the need for a reprint was more the first prints being immediately gobbled up by speculators.