• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Reasonable Price for ASM 361

489 posts in this topic

Id like some more opinions on how difficult has it been to get 9.8s?

I only ask this because of the 20+ copies that have gone thru my hands Ive barely had some 9.6s.

How many of those 20 + copies were first prints and how many were second prints?

This book is heating up. The first printing is firmly selling for more than the 2nd printing.

Yes it is. Definitely not a surprise at all. (thumbs u

-J.

When ASM 361 2nd print came out, I recalled the print run was around 50,000. I was very fortunate to pick up about 30 really nice 2nd prints in the mid-1990's for about a $1 each. Out of the 30 copies, 8 did score a 9.8. (thumbs u

This book is heating up. The first printing is firmly selling for more than the 2nd printing.

-J.

When ASM 361 2nd print came out, I recalled the print run was around 50,000.

Do you have any documentation for this? It would be nice to have that sourced. Thanks!

-J.

Do you have any documentation for this? It would be nice to have that sourced. Thanks!

Back in the 1990's, it was rumored (or from the information passed to me) that the Marvel gold and silver 2nd printings had a print run between 50-100K. The ASM 361 definitely had a smaller print run compared to the others 2nd prints.

Edited by showcase22gr1959

-J.

Back in the 1990's, it was rumored (or from the information passed to me) that the Marvel gold and silver 2nd printings had a print run between 50-100K. The ASM 361 definitely had a smaller print run compared to the others 2nd prints.

But no documentation, or contemporaneous information, huh...?

hm

I don't doubt you, I'd just like to have documented proof. It's like the much bandied about 10,000 print run for the Spidey UPC Gold. That was the number given out at the time, but does anyone have any proof?

Like for the 35 centers, at least we have Sol Brodsky's letter, to peg them at about 1500 copies.

-J.

But no documentation, or contemporaneous information, huh...?

hm

I don't doubt you, I'd just like to have documented proof. It's like the much bandied about 10,000 print run for the Spidey UPC Gold. That was the number given out at the time, but does anyone have any proof?

Like for the 35 centers, at least we have Sol Brodsky's letter, to peg them at about 1500 copies.

Dealers have mentioned orders for the 2nd printing with the announcement from Marvel/Diamond/Capitol City "stating print runs on certain 2nd prints". It would be nice to see a proof on print run statistics regarding the 2nd prints. I do recall Alpha Flight 106 2nd print had a print run of 50K (unfortunately I do not have printed documents regarding this).

Edited by showcase22gr1959

-J.

Of course, that's the end of the story, and must be very satisfying for you. The great ASM 361 first/second print debate is over, and you are the winner. lol

-J.

Of course, that's the end of the story, and must be very satisfying for you. The great ASM 361 first/second print debate is over, and you are the winner. lol

Don't tell him that! He won't understand that you're being sarcastic, and he'll repeat it as his own in a few months.

:cry:

-J.

lol Thank you for your utterly meaningless input, and I wasn't aware that there ever was a debate. A couple of anomalous higher sales of the second printing several weeks ago does not a "debate" make. Despite the difference in "rarity" of the second printing, it is still the second printing. The actual "key" is the first printing, and that will be the one that is more valuable and sought after by far more people, and, like 99.99% of every other book, will remain the one with a much higher FMV. (thumbs u

-J.