• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gotham
3 3

1,832 posts in this topic

Highlights:

- Introducing Venom into the universe of the TV show.

- Bruce showing signs of the "World's Greatest Detective" in him.

- Catwoman doing Catwoman things. Pickpocketing people and moving like, well, Catwoman.

- Bruce getting the f out of the house.

- Alfred seemingly accepting that Bruce has changed and starting to help Bruce in his endeavors.

lol

This week's episode was great. I still can't stand Fish and I want her to go. Glad to see there was more than 2 minutes of the Riddler on this week's episode. That guy is great and I demand more of him. More I say!

When watching Gotham I keep getting a serious LA Confidential vibe with Gordon in the Bud White roll...a barely contained edgy cop surrounded by corruption. But then the dialogue gets cheesy and ruins the drama. :( There's real potential there if they'd tighten it up some. :wishluck:

LA_Gotham.jpg

I've watch two and a half episodes. I'm not a fan unfortunately. Fish kills me and the show. A lot of the other characters are alright. I was really hoping they'd do the good Harvey and not the bad. It sort of hurts the show too because I like his character in Gotham Central and other books.

I'm also not compelled by the villian. I like the actor that plays Falcone, but he just doesn't do it as Falcone.

I want to like the show, but I'm just not liking it... My wife likes it less which probably means we won't be watching it.

I'm going to check out Flash next...

Gotham ratings are destroying all the other super hero shows...

Gotham is the highest rated Fall debut for FOX in 14 years, and each episode is adding a tick and the network ordered more episodes for season 1 to 22 total!

..looking forward to Hellblazer this friday..

Why does the hot singer need Fish to teach her how to be seductive???

I think they're just trying to show that Fish has no borders and while beautiful, is ruthless.

I don't think it's a matter of her being more seductive but rather just show her how to 'use' what she has.

Why does the hot singer need Fish to teach her how to be seductive???

Fish knows Falcone and is coaching the girl on exactly what she needs to do to gain his interest beyond purely physical attraction.

Falcone is a guarded and careful man, and he would be suspicious of the girl coming on to him.

As it was done, I thought it was very well orchestrated.

I want to like the show, but I'm just not liking it... My wife likes it less which probably means we won't be watching it.

Me neither. I've given it 5 episodes (I think) and have wanted it to succeed I just can't help but laugh every time I watch it. :(

Many of the lines are corny, the episodes seem rushed (Balloon guy? Come on!) and naive and I can't stand many of the actors. The entire show plays like a B rate film.

My time is valuable and I am very picky about what I watch, not wanting to waste my spare time on something to just pass the time on.

If this is what Arrow and Smallville are like then maybe I just have my expectations set too high by AMC shows which were much slower paced and that took an entire season to tell a story and not just one episode.

They must be aiming for a younger crowd with this one and I'm just getting old and not clicking with it.

I agree, I think my expectations are too high. Your description of it feeling like a B Rate movie is a good one. Shows likes TWD, Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad and others have raised the bar. Gotham just doesn't reach the bar.

I also expected it to feel more like Gotham Central. It doesn't...

Me neither. I've given it 5 episodes (I think) and have wanted it to succeed I just can't help but laugh every time I watch it. :(

Many of the lines are corny, the episodes seem rushed (Balloon guy? Come on!) and naive and I can't stand many of the actors. The entire show plays like a B rate film.

My time is valuable and I am very picky about what I watch, not wanting to waste my spare time on something to just pass the time on.

If this is what Arrow and Smallville are like then maybe I just have my expectations set too high by AMC shows which were much slower paced and that took an entire season to tell a story and not just one episode.

They must be aiming for a younger crowd with this one and I'm just getting old and not clicking with it.

Gotham can't decide if its a drama or a dramedy. So far it's too corny for serious drama and not witty enough for a satisfying comedic drama. Maybe the pressure of increased viewership will force the writers to hunker down and focus.

I also expected it to feel more like Gotham Central. It doesn't...

This is a big one for me. It doesn't feel like Gotham. Maybe Nolan spoiled me but this feels more like a cross between small town mainstreet and a few shots of a big cty skyline.

Gotham can't decide if its a drama or a dramedy. So far it's too corny for serious drama and not witty enough for a satisfying comedic drama. Maybe the pressure of increased viewership will force the writers to hunker down and focus.

Word. The show is trying to find it's identity but it isn't clearly being shown.

I'm not sure, how people don't like this show. Really big fan, looks like it's going to get better and better

When you compare it to what else is available it looks like a 1980's prime time detective show.

I admit that the mythos is cool but the story telling is terrible. Again, I have to ask - balloon killer? :facepalm:

Arrow is better, but took a bit of time to heat up (although I would say it started better too).

I'm not sure, how people don't like this show. Really big fan, looks like it's going to get better and better

When you compare it to what else is available it looks like a 1980's prime time detective show.

I admit that the mythos is cool but the story telling is terrible. Again, I have to ask - balloon killer? :facepalm:

I know the Ballon killer was a corny name, but it was the name that the media and the public gave to him. Just ordinary joe blow killing people.

I like the other shows like flash, agents of shield and arrow but in my mind they are corny ( teeny) compared to gotham.

Edited by Jking3437

Gotham, Flash, Arrow, Smallville are all for people under 25.

If you are over 25 and like these shows your taste in everything in life has to be bad.

After watching Breaking Bad, GoT, SoA, and even the over rated WD TV show how can these abolsute garbage EMO shows interest any of you that have good tastes in comic books? doh! I am literally on tilt.......

If I wanted to see bad acting mixed with the rinse and repeat good looking 20 somethings I can just go out my door here in socal.

Seeing a child Catwoman is just creepy. I feel like I am watching an episode of Saved by the Bell.

Edited by Spiderman-on-Tilt

Reading the responses here, I completely agree with a few here and there statements. I personally think the show is OK, could be better, but at least it's not Teen Mom.

If the show goes this route (and I :wishluck: they do) I can't wait to see the Joker storyline. They'd be crazy to not at least attempt that. Since Ep.1, and them possibly teasing him being the comedian at Fish's club, I've been antsy for another bit with him.

all these TV superhero shows are very limited, and a guilty pleasure for us starved comics fans. But as "art" or "film" or great TV shows like Thrones, Breaking Bad, etc, theres no comparison. But SHOULD there be? They are both aiming at different goals. I liked Arrow last year when I was binge watching, the small bites of fun came a lot faster. But waiting a week for each show now is feeling less like must see TV. But still watchable to see where they go and what characters they will introduce.