• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gotham
3 3

1,832 posts in this topic

she's intentionally trying to be like Eartha Kitt's Catwoman (seriously, I can't be the only one who see's this..)

You're not. :)

I noticed that right away.

Ditto.

I thought I was the only one

We should start a club.

And possibly a new forum. :)

She is by far the worst part of the show.

Now that is a statement I can get behind. If there is one thing rubbing me wrong on that show, it is this character. She either needs to drastically change, or just go away.

:wishluck:

She is by far the worst part of the show.

Now that is a statement I can get behind. If there is one thing rubbing me wrong on that show, it is this character. She either needs to drastically change, or just go away.

:wishluck:

I am really hoping Falcone or the Penguin take care of her in season 1, the sooner the better.

I'm liking the show but I really can't stand some of the corniness in there. That feels campy to me. I'd like the show to get more serious and cut the comedy. I've never liked a drama with a comedic overtone. That is why I like Walking Dead so much, it is dead serious, no cornball humor.

I call it a plus when humour is used in a drama, Sopranos, Six Feet Under, Breaking Bad did it well. Walking Dead can use it once and awhile

I'm liking the show but I really can't stand some of the corniness in there. That feels campy to me. I'd like the show to get more serious and cut the comedy. I've never liked a drama with a comedic overtone. That is why I like Walking Dead so much, it is dead serious, no cornball humor.

I call it a plus when humour is used in a drama, Sopranos, Six Feet Under, Breaking Bad did it well. Walking Dead can use it once and awhile

Those three shows you mentioned are three of my favorite series ever. Sopranos really did not have campy humor, just some light touches here and there, a bit of exaggeration perhaps but not too bad. Breaking Bad had some humor in there, especially with Sol, but I would not call it corny. Six Feet Under perhaps was cornball at times, especially in the intro scenes where they would come up with some bizarre way of killing someone off in a freak accident. This show, Gotham, is taking something that is trying to be a drama and tossing in all kinds of cornball cartoon humor in there, making it hard to take this show seriously. Maybe that is what audiences want, I don't know, but I prefer the more somber Walking Dead atmosphere. However I am still watching Gotham, at least for now, because I like the idea behind it, basically Batman: Year -10. Plus the Penguin is just plain cool.

Those three shows you mentioned are three of my favorite series ever. Sopranos really did not have campy humor, just some light touches here and there, a bit of exaggeration perhaps but not too bad. Breaking Bad had some humor in there, especially with Sol, but I would not call it corny. Six Feet Under perhaps was cornball at times, especially in the intro scenes where they would come up with some bizarre way of killing someone off in a freak accident. This show, Gotham, is taking something that is trying to be a drama and tossing in all kinds of cornball cartoon humor in there, making it hard to take this show seriously. Maybe that is what audiences want, I don't know, but I prefer the more somber Walking Dead atmosphere. However I am still watching Gotham, at least for now, because I like the idea behind it, basically Batman: Year -10. Plus the Penguin is just plain cool.

Like what?

Like what?

The whole balloonman thing was just silly. The way they were handcuffed and lifted to the sky was like slapstick comedy. In the premier episode the way Bullock and Gordon were hung upside down in the meat locker was campy. Some of the over the top dialogue and scenes are not handled realistically, even considering this unrealistic setting. I like a show that takes a setting, albeit not very realistic, but that at least handles itself seriously within that setting. This show does not do that, it is silly. But I watch it for the interesting visuals and because I am a Batman fan. I just wish it was handled more seriously, but I realize that is just me, a lot of people like those humorous touches. I like a drama to be dramatic, and a comedy to be funny, when they meet it doesn't work for me.

I almost didn't notice that Channel 5 over here in the UK is showing the series. doh! First episode next week. (thumbs u

Yep - behind the times as always.

Only a few episodes, though. Arrow still hasn't been shown on Freeview.

Just finished episode three…

Love Penguin, Selina Kyle, and Gordon…easily the best characters. I'm hoping Fish becomes a more rounded character because she is starting to go flat.

I like the kid playing Bruce, he was a fantastic choice.

My only problem is they are cramming too much into Bruce. We are just three episodes in and already Bruce is acting a little moody, doing some "playful" training with Alfred, paying attention to the news, and trying to be a detective. At this rate he will be Batman in a few weeks.

The show also seems to be rushing into those winks. This week's episode was about a vigilante in Gotham, who then hinted that there will be more vigilantes…groan! Also, are vigilantes the new "freak of the week"? For those familiar with "Smallville", every week (for most of the series) some random person would get powers and become a bad guy Clark had to fight. So are we going to be seeing vigilantes every week in Gotham that Gordon has to take down?

I do believe the show is using these tactics to hold on to that early audience who still want to view this as a "Batman show" and that it will eventually focus on the mobs, Arkham, and more city corruption. As long as it heads down this path and "forgets about Batman", then this show will be amazing and could have potential to last a while.

I'm more hooked into this show three episodes in then I was when Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. debuted.

Just finished episode three…

Love Penguin, Selina Kyle, and Gordon…easily the best characters. I'm hoping Fish becomes a more rounded character because she is starting to go flat.

I like the kid playing Bruce, he was a fantastic choice.

My only problem is they are cramming too much into Bruce. We are just three episodes in and already Bruce is acting a little moody, doing some "playful" training with Alfred, paying attention to the news, and trying to be a detective. At this rate he will be Batman in a few weeks.

The show also seems to be rushing into those winks. This week's episode was about a vigilante in Gotham, who then hinted that there will be more vigilantes…groan! Also, are vigilantes the new "freak of the week"? For those familiar with "Smallville", every week (for most of the series) some random person would get powers and become a bad guy Clark had to fight. So are we going to be seeing vigilantes every week in Gotham that Gordon has to take down?

I do believe the show is using these tactics to hold on to that early audience who still want to view this as a "Batman show" and that it will eventually focus on the mobs, Arkham, and more city corruption. As long as it heads down this path and "forgets about Batman", then this show will be amazing and could have potential to last a while.

I'm more hooked into this show three episodes in then I was when Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. debuted.

+1

A much more entertaining show!

The characters in Gotham are far more interesting then Phil Coulson and his crew.

I need to watch the third episode. I just caught the second On-Demand (I usually get episodes next day. . .).

I'm patiently waiting to see what happens. I advocated that with AoS, and was rewarded, because the late season episodes were really good. I'm doing the same with this. . . watching the framework go up has payoffs sometimes. I think they need to be careful with cramming too much into it too soon. I agree with the person who said the Wayne murders should have ended Season 1. They should have focused solely on the kid abductions and mob corruption for a bit, and build to that conclusion.

It is going to be interesting to see how the corruption in the Gotham PD turns. . . we'll see Bullock, Montoya, and Crispus Allen come around to Gordon's ways.

Fish Mooney is simply a stepping stone for Cobblepot. That character is background noise, that framework I was just talking about.

Really, I like to give shows a full season. I've just seen too many shows that I thought made significant leaps get canceled right when they were getting good (Firefly is my favorite show, so that should give some inclination as to my thinking).

good news for Gotham since Fox Ordered Full 22-Episode Season

That gives it a full run of 22 episodes and ensures that we'll get at least one complete season. "Gotham debuted as one of the most buzzed-about shows of the fall, and with good reason," Dana Walden and Gary Newman, Chairmen and CEOs of Fox Television Group said in a statement released today. "Bruno Heller and Danny Cannon have created an incredibly rich world, with characters that draw you in and a cast that brings to life these heroes and villains in a way we’ve never seen before."

GOTHAM is tied as Monday night’s No. 1 drama among Adults 18-49 and is this season's No. 1 broadcast drama overall among Men 18-49 -- a full rating point ahead of the No. 2 drama in that demographic. The debut episode, which exploded into Premiere Week with a 6.0/18 rating among Adults 18-49, outperformed “Blacklist” and “Scorpion” and delivered FOX’s highest-rated fall drama debut in 14 years. This Live +7 rating reflects the largest post-three day ratings gain (+0.9) of any broadcast drama, ever. In addition, GOTHAM’s premiere drew 14.1 million viewers in the first seven days and has been streamed more than two million times to date on FOX NOW and Hulu. The show’s second and third episodes continued this positive trend, each delivering a 4.0 rating or higher in just the first three days, making it one of the Top Three dramas overall on broadcast television this season.