• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gotham
3 3

1,832 posts in this topic

Tonight's episode was awesome, penguin's character is phenomenal.

I agree. The Penguin is just stealing the show. Every scene that guy is in is enjoyable. I would have thought that would be the impact The Joker had (whenever he shows up!) but now look what he needs to top. People expect The Joker to be the cool one, so hopefully they have something great in store for us, otherwise it will be a disappointment after having such a great Penguin.

This was my favorite episode of the series so far. After the last couple I was even thinking of dropping it. I was becoming bored with the typical psycho of the week. I thought all of them were pretty lame. Tonight's episode was the first where they gave us something more interesting.

Hmmmm... I always thought of Pengy being a little cheesy in the comics. I wonder if this series is going to cause a spike in his early or better appearances?

This show might be finally starting to find its way. There were still pieces of hackneyed writing (Barbara getting herself caught :eyeroll: ), but for the first time there was also clever writing (the end flashback).

I've been very disappointed so far in this show, but I also saw things that made me think it had potential if they could get it together and figure out the right tone -- this episode finally made me feel like that might be happening. Stick to the main arc (corruption, mob war, Penguin, Arkham) and get away from the campy villain of the week thing and it will be alright.

Well...this is going to make me watch more often. :)

Morena Baccarin Joins ‘Gotham’ Cast

UpJOPX9.jpg

:whee:^^:whee:

She looks like Sheldon Cooper from the Big Bang theory to me.

get away from the campy villain of the week thing and it will be alright.

You can't stop the Goat!

Honestly, that episode last week wanted to make me gag, it was so poorly done. The fight scenes were poorly choreographed and looked like Walter Mathau and Jack Lemmon locked in battle in Grumpy Old Men, the editing was terrible (at one point Gordon was facing in one direction and then the camera cuts to another angle and Gorden magically changes direction like the Flash), Gordon's facial expressions never change - he's a terrible actor IMO, and the dialogue in general read like a 1940's serial drama - corny and stifled.

I'm giving last night's episode (DVR'd) one last shot and if it stinks as much, I'm dropping it.

I'm trying really hard guys, but this show just makes me want to :sick:

get away from the campy villain of the week thing and it will be alright.

You can't stop the Goat!

Honestly, that episode last week wanted to make me gag, it was so poorly done. The fight scenes were poorly choreographed and looked like Walter Mathau and Jack Lemmon locked in battle in Grumpy Old Men, the editing was terrible (at one point Gordon was facing in one direction and then the camera cuts to another angle and Gorden magically changes direction like the Flash), Gordon's facial expressions never change - he's a terrible actor IMO, and the dialogue in general read like a 1940's serial drama - corny and stifled.

I'm giving last night's episode (DVR'd) one last shot and if it stinks as much, I'm dropping it.

I'm trying really hard guys, but this show just makes me want to :sick:

Yes, the Goat and Balloonman were just ridiculous. The biggest problem the show has had has been that it can't decide if it wants to be gritty realistic or Burton-esque campy. Trying to do both has made it a mess. Also the writing is often lazy with too many deus ex machina, plot-saving devices. But occasionally the acting is good and the premise of the show has potential, I think. The execution has just been very poor.

But last night's episode showed it does have promise. But can they sustain that?

Well...this is going to make me watch more often. :)

Morena Baccarin Joins ‘Gotham’ Cast

http://i.imgur.com/UpJOPX9.jpg

:whee:^^:whee:

She looks like Sheldon Cooper from the Big Bang theory to me.

Please tell me you watched her in Firefly....

(If not please exit this forum immediately and only return once you nerd cred has been restored.)

Never saw Firefly. I rarely watch TV and haven't for over a decade. There are a ton of great shows out there but I don't want to get addicted to them. Life has too much going on to just watch TV.

I'm giving Gotham a try because of the source material. Only other show I will watch is Walking Dead. Other than that, it's a movie once in a while.