• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gotham
3 3

1,832 posts in this topic

I watched the first three episodes. That's all I could take. Oh well...............

+1

I thought this was going to be at a True Detective level. It went a different way. I thought it was going to be about Harvey Bullock and James Gordon, instead it seems to be all about the young Penguin and Jada Pinkett Smith. :o

I lost interest fast.

It should last another season though because Netflix has paid millions to air it. So hopefully it can be turned around.

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

I watched the first three episodes. That's all I could take. Oh well...............

+1

I thought this was going to be at a True Detective level.

IMO, you could tell it was going to be a stinker from the first episode. :facepalm:

The only way they are going to 'turn it around' for people is to tug on fanboy heart strings and get them involved into the twists and turns of the plot by introducing lots of familiar characters and using a bit of boobage to keep people (mostly the male crowd) drawn in. Basically smoke and mirrors to hide the poor quality.

It's a shame, there are some good actors in this but I don't think Penguin alone can pull the show along.

I liked the recent episode. Glad they are developing a relationship between Bruce and selina.

Can't believe they went "there" with regards to Barbara, will have to see where that goes.

And the Penguin yet again steals the show with his ability to figure things out.

(thumbs u

So I finally got a chance to see Episode 9.

Harvey Dent's intensity is what I would have expected, though the explosive behavior when questioning a very well-off suspect with all his lawyers standing behind him was probably unrealistic.

I get the feeling Butch Gilzean is playing Fish Mooney, and at some point he is going to reveal he works for Falcone. Maybe while standing over her while she is dying. He just gives off that vibe. Especially every time he asks her is she sure she wants to proceed forward.

:ohnoez:

And I think we got a taste of the future Riddler's antics when he got all excited over that explosive test he ran. That little dance he did of joy.

Camren Bicondova seems to be playing at the semi-dark side just enough where you can tell she will go either way. She wants to be part of normal society. But she also is willing to walk away from it all - just because the mood may strike her.

Bruce definitely needed that kid play time in the end. His life has been rocked so much, 'normal' would be not having another day of reflecting on the past.

And then there was Arkham...

That final scene was something I suspected was coming soon. The intensity between those two has been there for the longest time.

I was okay with this episode, as at least the twists and turns are keeping it interesting.

I'm enjoying the show. I like Jim, Barbara is boring, but I love Alfred.

It's entertainment. I can watch it while I'm on the computer or doing something else. That's what I enjoy, the entertainment. Is it my FAVORITE...no...I like Arrow better, but it's fine.

I'm beginning to like Bruce, too. The Penguin is creepy but interesting.

I could do without the girl sex scenes..., it moves it out of the nice for kids genre, but the rest is interesting enough for me to watch it each week..

I could do without the girl sex scenes..., it moves it out of the nice for kids genre, but the rest is interesting enough for me to watch it each week..

That's been the one odd thing. You pick an 8 PM time slot, but some of the show focuses on content that really would be better off later in the night.

This is why I think Constantine is doing much better, though it is experiencing less viewership. At 10 PM, they can go crazy and show blood and gore and not have such a worry if kids are watching this. That has to be one of my favorite CB shows right now.

That's been the one odd thing. You pick an 8 PM time slot, but some of the show focuses on content that really would be better off later in the night.

This is why I think Constantine is doing much better, though it is experiencing less viewership. At 10 PM, they can go crazy and show blood and gore and not have such a worry if kids are watching this. That has to be one of my favorite CB shows right now.

Blood, gore, demons, violence etc but heaven forbid he has a cigarette. *full disclosure* I don't smoke and I think its bonkers

Blood, gore, demons, violence etc but heaven forbid he has a cigarette. *full disclosure* I don't smoke and I think its bonkers

.... I remember when Kirk and Spock were risque' ...... things sure have changed on Network TV. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I'm calling it now, going out on a limb and saying that the kid little Bruce beat up is the joker. Figuring the watch that Bruce used almost as brass knuckles gave that kid a nasty scar

Pretty sure it was Tommy Elliott, aka HUSH. But certainly there could be a TWIST.

Who else hopes Barbara leaves and doesn't come back?

Yeah, she does nothing but suck.

I'll take her over Fish Pinkett any day. Er, Jada Mooney... dammit! You know who I mean!

:ohnoez:

-slym

I think it's a credit to the show that I can watch it despite Jada's horrendous over acting.