• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gotham
3 3

1,832 posts in this topic

Fans are really straight down the middle on how they feel about this show, but... people sure are talking about it. A lot.

It's the only network TV show I watch every week. (Granted, it's usually a day later on hulu)

I think it's fun.

Because it`s has Batman Origins is why they are talking about it. People are interested. They should get at least 5 seasons out of this if we figure Smallville got 10. I pretty sure no matter how pedestrian they make this show they will still get decent ratings. There is no way this doesn`t get at least 5 seasons.

Now with that being said for this show to improve they must go back to Bullock and Gordon dynamic. 2c

I feel a few 'Kavs' in here. Anyone else?

:baiting:

:roflmao:

It's a fun show. If I was a TV critic, I could point out all the things that are wrong or not great with it. But, I'm not - I'm a comic fan and I'm enjoying this show a lot. (thumbs u

I feel a few 'Kavs' in here. Anyone else?

:baiting:

:roflmao:

It's a fun show. If I was a TV critic, I could point out all the things that are wrong or not great with it. But, I'm not - I'm a comic fan and I'm enjoying this show a lot. (thumbs u

+1

My wife watches it with me every week and she is about as comic book inept as they come!

I really enjoyde it again, watching it over Big Bang Theory. Good solid show.

I'm in agreement.

Mostly because Big Bang Theory is one of the worst television shows I've ever had the displeasure of watching.

This. It is so painfully unfunny.

all these TV superhero shows are very limited, and a guilty pleasure for us starved comics fans. But as "art" or "film" or great TV shows like Thrones, Breaking Bad, etc, theres no comparison. But SHOULD there be? They are both aiming at different goals. I liked Arrow last year when I was binge watching, the small bites of fun came a lot faster. But waiting a week for each show now is feeling less like must see TV. But still watchable to see where they go and what characters they will introduce.

Exactly. These superhero TV shows are like the superhero movies. Does Avengers or Iron Man 3 come close to the level of a movie like The Godfather? No, it is just a fun movie. Just like these superhero TV shows.

Expecting a superhero TV show to be like Breaking Bad is just :insane: We don't expect it of the superhero movies, so why do we expect it from the superhero TV shows? (shrug)

4vibak.jpg

:applause:

I just don't know what to make of this show. I'm still watching, and it *is* getting better, but still the writing is really hamfisted.

So I think they're they're trying to hint that this Harvey guy is going to be a villain, but it's hard to tell. I wish they weren't so vague.

And the dialogue -- this isn't foreshadowing. It's fore-bludgeoning!

Selina: You sure do move quietly.

Bruce: So do you.

Selina: Did I mention my nickname is Cat?

Bruce: I'm going to practice holding my breath under water while wearing all my clothes.

Selina: Why would you do that?

Bruce: I'm practicing to be an escape artist in case a colorful badguy in Gotham tries to drown me in a watery death trap.

Selina: That's weird.

Bruce: Also, I'm learning to box.

Selina: Did I mention my nickname is Cat?

Also, what do you do if you're a puerile, talentless manboy hack and you want to distract your audience from all the plot holes? Throw in a completely contrived and unapologetically gratuitous lesbian sex scene.

But what drives me crazy is that I know all this but still keep watching. What's wrong with me?! :pullhair:

Also, what do you do if you're a puerile, talentless manboy hack and you want to distract your audience from all the plot holes? Throw in a completely contrived and unapologetically gratuitous lesbian sex scene.

But what drives me crazy is that I know all this but still keep watching. What's wrong with me?! :pullhair:

lol

You like CB TV shows?

(shrug)

At least Gotham is better then The Strain. But then again, The Strain is one of the worst dramas on tv.

The Strain is great.

No dissing The Strain (tsk)

The Strain: SPOILER

Doesn't the incredible huge lapses in logic drive you bonkers?

Assigning ONE medical examiner to autopsy over 200 high profile mysterious deaths

Over 200 bodies walk out of a busy New York hospital unnoticed

All the plane deaths were written off as a carbon monoxide mishap, even though CM does not instantly knock people out, it's affects differ depending on the person's physical characteristics

Shutting down internet & cell service will not stop communication via TV & radio. I heard about Elvis's death the day he died back in the 70's

Somebody of authority probably would have noticed hundreds of zombie-like vampires killing people and done something about it

They had the head honcho vulnerable in daylight and didn't do squat to end him.

I'm a Gotham fan. Downsides for me have been the Bruce kid (whiner) and scenes that Barbara aren't in (joke). Love the Gordon and Harvey dynamic.

Selina is going to be a huge star. And I kinda like the hard edge Alfred.

A good show overall - cobblepot and fish are fun and thrilling.

I'm hooked as is my fiancé who breaks away from kardashian nightmares to watch. Hope it keeps going.

I really don't understand the lesbian thing... Is it because its the new/it thing in our culture to talk about? I feel like the gay rights issue is in every new tv show.

I do like the show as a whole. To someones comment about there being a new character in every episode... I think there has to be, gives it a comic book feel. What else would Gordon have to do? Penguin is a creep and Jada is not a good actor. 2c

Edited by bcphillips119

all these TV superhero shows are very limited, and a guilty pleasure for us starved comics fans. But as "art" or "film" or great TV shows like Thrones, Breaking Bad, etc, theres no comparison. But SHOULD there be? They are both aiming at different goals. I liked Arrow last year when I was binge watching, the small bites of fun came a lot faster. But waiting a week for each show now is feeling less like must see TV. But still watchable to see where they go and what characters they will introduce.

Exactly. These superhero TV shows are like the superhero movies. Does Avengers or Iron Man 3 come close to the level of a movie like The Godfather? No, it is just a fun movie. Just like these superhero TV shows.

Expecting a superhero TV show to be like Breaking Bad is just :insane: We don't expect it of the superhero movies, so why do we expect it from the superhero TV shows? (shrug)

4vibak.jpg

Sopranos peaked half way through it's run, stumbled in the back half, and limped across the finish line. Lame ending.

Breaking Bad got better each season...each season ending in a better conclusion until it's last eight episodes, some of the best television ever, culminating into one of the best series finales ever (and a perfect song for it). A perfect 5 seasons.

Sopranos will always be the critical darling, but the truth of it is... almost half the series is just ok.

+1

Not sure I've ever read a comic book where, afterwards I thought, "ya know, that's such a good story, that if it was a novel, I would've read it as well."

Especially a superhero story.