• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gotham
3 3

1,832 posts in this topic

Isn't Renee Montoya a lesbian in the comics?

Correct!

The show is just representing the character the way she was created.

Renee Montoya

Why did anyone think this was a plot twist to take viewer minds off a weak -script?

Because they were pre-biased against the show?

:whistle:

-slym

The plot twist isn't Montoya, it is Barbara Gordon.

I was a little hesitant watching this show, but then took the plunge and just watched them all. Color me impressed. I think they are doing a great job with this. It's almost like the UK Merlin TV show where Merlin is a teenager and Arthur is still a teen prince. Kudos all around.

:applause:

Just caught it. Not sure if I'm willing to say this is a great show, but it certainly looks good. Definitely see they put money into this. I really like the little touches they sprinkle in here and there, like the Bat insignia formed by the window as Bruce begins his initial steps to becoming the Dark Knight. A bit fore shadowing so to speak.

151248.jpg.7ad18515548d45f8d723a1dd38a2f0f6.jpg

Just caught it. Not sure if I'm willing to say this is a great show, but it certainly looks good. Definitely see they put money into this. I really like the little touches they sprinkle in here and there, like the Bat insignia formed by the window as Bruce begins his initial steps to becoming the Dark Knight. A bit fore shadowing so to speak.

neat easter egg, I didnt notice that.

I've been watching as well. The bisexual love triangle with Gordon, Barbara and Montoya is bizarre from my perspective. I see Frank Miller's Year One as definitive, and I could personally never see that Barbara Gordon being unfaithful. My favorite episode by far was the Zsasz hunting Gordon one. Anthony Carrigan was really good. I also enjoyed the Balloon Man showing the potential for vigilantism in Gotham planting seeds in young Bruce's mind.