• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gotham
3 3

1,832 posts in this topic

Did they set out to make Barbara so freaking annoying...Laurel in Arrow pales in comparison.

Her and Fish can go find a short pier, and the show will be that much better.

But Monday's episode was really good. The Ogre was one nasty piece of work.

Did they set out to make Barbara so freaking annoying...Laurel in Arrow pales in comparison.

Her and Fish can go find a short pier, and the show will be that much better.

But Monday's episode was really good. The Ogre was one nasty piece of work.

Two Fish-less episodes make the series better.

God yes.

I have no problem with her sleeping around, and in fact I think it is good and progressive to portray female characters that are unashamed of their sexuality in the same way that male characters always have been. Although deciding to spend the night engaging in god knows what unconventional debauchery after walking into the Ogre's BDSM dungeon was a step too '50 shades' if you ask me.

But I was expecting her to show a bit of backbone once she realised she was in trouble, not become this whimpering, cowering wreck. Did she really sell out her parents? What?!? Was she just broken at the end there? If so, the character cannot be redeemed. She is a pathetic coward.

Barbara was drugged. Whatever she drank that the Ogre provided when she was dehydrated affected her, after she drank it she slowly fell to the ground so it obviously affected her physically and I assume mentally to make her very responsive to any suggestions. Can I also add, I thought she never looked better than when she was tied up in the dungeon. Yummy

OK, my "problem" with this episode - the Ogre calls Gordon after they invade his apartment. He says something like "Oh, was that you that tripped the alarm?" Now, what kind of alarm system does he have, and what kind of car does he own, that when the police trip his alarm, he already crossing a bridge at the north end of the city, heading upstate?

It did not make sense.

Now, not a problem, just me thinking what I'd do in this situation - as soon as the Ogre handed Barbara that glass of "water", were it me, I'd have broken the glass and slit his throat with a shard of it.

A nice bonus was not seeing Fish Mooney at all!

:banana:

-slym

But I was expecting her to show a bit of backbone once she realised she was in trouble, not become this whimpering, cowering wreck. Did she really sell out her parents? What?!? Was she just broken at the end there? If so, the character cannot be redeemed. She is a pathetic coward.

Barbara was drugged. Whatever she drank that the Ogre provided when she was dehydrated affected her, after she drank it she slowly fell to the ground so it obviously affected her physically and I assume mentally to make her very responsive to any suggestions. Can I also add, I thought she never looked better than when she was tied up in the dungeon. Yummy

Ah, yes, now that you mention it I did wonder if the water were drugged, but then it didn't emphasize enough how addled she was (or would have to be) to name her parents. Maybe they will clear this up next ep.

Surely she could have thought of someone better to name. Like Falcone maybe? You know, that mob boss that had her kidnapped and roughed up? Duh.

My big problem - Fish ain't dead. No corpse, no death.

:mad:

My small problem - we heard the bats in the cave entrance, but didn't see one. I thought for sure one would have come up the steps, right at Bruce.

-slym