• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gotham
3 3

1,832 posts in this topic

Deadline article regarding the finale: http://deadline.com/2015/05/gotham-season-1-finale-spoilers-fish-mooney-joker-riddler-bruno-heller-1201420373/

Definitely some holes in that episode. Last time we saw Fish she'd been shot in the stomach and then she's suddenly in a boat with no issues and a Mad Max hairdo. And Selina just joins up? Out of curiosity? Only explanation that makes sense to me since the show runners didn't really show us a reason.

I was disappointed; it seems that the show lost its footing as it went on. This last episode makes me feel that I missed an episode somewhere that initiated the plot points that were tied up. Everyone just seemed completely out of character.

I am really enjoying the show and I thought mobdays final show was excellent. What happened to Victor? He was a huge part of the show and everything in the Final episode would likely be adverts if Victor was still there. Did I miss an episode where something happened to him?

Edited by kidcolt

So now Barbara's not just a philandering bisexual, now she's a philandering bisexual sociopathic murderer? Man, they've really ruined that character. Not the kind of person I'd want raising my daughter.

As has been stated already, the episode was a bit schizophrenic. Jumping from storyline to storyline with major plot holes. I'd call it a generally entertaining episode, though. I didn't like what they did with Barbara, but the cat-fight scene was pretty visceral. I wouldn't call this good tv, but it's had its :popcorn: moments.

TOO MUCH THINGS! GRUNDY'S HEAD HURTS!

A bat flying into the study would have been cool. Fish sporting a Magpie doo? Do Penguin and Riddler use the same barber?

Edited by kdoginohio

So now Barbara's not just a philandering bisexual, now she's a philandering bisexual sociopathic murderer? Man, they've really ruined that character. Not the kind of person I'd want raising my daughter.

I was thinking... since they've ruined Alan Scott in current comic continuity, maybe that resonated with one of the writers. Like Alan and his old nemesis Harlequin, Barbara could be a villain for a while before settling down and marrying Jim Gordon?

I keep wondering if Gordon is going to marry her because shes' pregnant or something...very weird turn of events there.

Fish is a fish, she'll be swimming. Alfred is still my favorite by far...he, Harvey Bullock and the Don who was killed were the only ones who seem to have any common sense;)

Messy finale with Fish, Penguin, Falcone and Moroni all just running around, splitting up, finding each other again, splitting up again... Come on, I thought these people were criminal masterminds? Oh well, I like Penguin, I'm glad he 'won'.

Not impressed by Selina. Being a young tearaway is one thing, but cold and murderous toward nice Jim Gordon? What could Fish possibly have offered her? She has previously demonstrated a complete lack of interest in money or advantageous associations. Why latch onto a weird mobster woman?

Ending with Bruce was pretty cool. But my Batman lore is weak (I only ever read the obvious core TPBs and was never a DC reader). Did his dad have such a secret? If they are inventing a bunch of new backstory for Thomas Wayne, I don't think that's cool. But like I said I was never a Batman reader, so what do I know.

Was a bit ticked when I realized it was the finale. Wanted to see more ASAP. I loved it though.

hm

Then again I loved Cannibal Women in the Avocado Jungle of Death and Sorority Babes in the Slimeball Bowl-A-Rama, so you can't really go by me!