• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Book Spine Realignment Therapy, turn your 8.5's into 9.2's!

3,329 posts in this topic

It was sarcasm!!! :makepoint:

CGC can’t recall a grade. That’s insane. Then recall all of my under-graded books too and bump them.

Although I have never personally been a fan of the game, all you need to do is resubmit them to CGC and the books will be regraded. If they were undergraded as you believe, then they should receive a higher grade.

Why the *spoon* is anyone responding to Mitch?

:facepalm:

The guy sounds like the local drunk after a 2 month bender.

The only thing that saved him from alcohol poisoning was DULUTION.

For those who inquired, in some form or another, as to how CGC could re-attain possession of the books, it would obviously have to be a voluntarily decision of the owner. As a general matter, CGC cannot compel someone to temporarily transfer their books back to CGC.

But CGC does expect its Member Dealers to cooperate with and abide by certain policies and ethical practices, and that includes not intentionally benefitting from a CGC grading or restorative mistake.

As a private company, CGC can decide who to do business with, or not to do business with at any time. Thus, under certain circumstances, a CGC Member Dealer can find their status revoked, temporarily or permanently, or their ability to even submit books restricted or prohibited. Obviously we know of examples in the past where a ban has been imposed on certain individuals. CGC can also make sure its concerns regarding an individual or book(s) is publicized to the correct people and/or in the appropriate places.

I am not saying that any of the above will happen with this particular submitter. I am merely setting forth CGC's recourse when certain unfortunate circumstances might exist.

Mark, all great points. And it is still great to see CGC take steps to determine if there are concerns here or not.

But the challenge with this seller is he was submitting through someone else for 2 (+) years. Worst-case, he'll let his new CGC account go dead and submit through his original source.

(shrug)

why not just void the certification number on the slab, so when it's looked up it's either gone or says error in grading (shrug)

This is a great thread. The fact that Mark Zaid, Matt Nelson, Paul Litch and Green are all involved says a lot. I have read every post since the start of this thread . . .

yeah right? eff tv :headbang:

All we need is Jason Ewert :banana:

When you are a collector and spend one or ten, or a hundred thousand dolllars...you become BOTH....

And when you have this much butthurt you become a crybaby. :cry:

Let me give you a history lession...SONNY...We never would have hit a million dollars for a comic book without the CGC..no way, they have done much more good than harm. There took us out of the slime of the dealer who would repair and sell books to a bunch of suckers saying it came for " a little old lady"( see used cars)

But the BELOVED Blue label....well that is kinda the thing of the past if they keep allowing face jobs, pressing, tape, food stuffs or whatever on a comic book and label it Unrestored....

Mmheady called me SONNY! :headbang:

As old as you are that's the best compliment you've had in a while.

You should send him a muffin basket as a thanks...but a REAL muffin basket...NO DULUTION!!

CGC can’t recall a grade. That’s insane. Then recall all of my under-graded books too and bump them.

Although I have never personally been a fan of the game, all you need to do is resubmit them to CGC and the books will be regraded. If they were undergraded as you believe, then they should receive a higher grade.

Oh. My bad. :sorry::hi:

When you are a collector and spend one or ten, or a hundred thousand dolllars...you become BOTH....

And when you have this much butthurt you become a crybaby. :cry:

Let me give you a history lession...SONNY...We never would have hit a million dollars for a comic book without the CGC..no way, they have done much more good than harm. There took us out of the slime of the dealer who would repair and sell books to a bunch of suckers saying it came for " a little old lady"( see used cars)

But the BELOVED Blue label....well that is kinda the thing of the past if they keep allowing face jobs, pressing, tape, food stuffs or whatever on a comic book and label it Unrestored....

Mmheady called me SONNY! :headbang:

As old as you are that's the best compliment you've had in a while.

You should send him a muffin basket as a thanks...but a REAL muffin basket...NO DULUTION!!

That would be SUBTUTION, not DULUTION.

Oh. My bad. :sorry::hi:

If you could post a meme telling Sadfan to suck it, this would be the greatest thread of all time!!!

:wishluck:

Buyer Beware......especially if you paid a TOP price for the highest graded copy...thinking you were the ONLY ONE......

+1

This gaming of the system will continue as long as they have digital 9 increments as part of their grading system.

9.0 9.2 9.4 9.6 9.8 etc...

Do away the digital 9 increments, and you do away with lots of headaches.

So do away with the digital 9 increments, so the hobby can move forward with a new integrity.

(thumbs u

This is the solution. I say get rid of the digital 9 increments. In the long run that is the best way to go.

:)

Duh.

Duh as in dumb, unworkable idea? I agree.

What`s your solution then?

What`s Chuck Gower`s solution?

You critique my opinion on a solution,but you yourselves haven`t come up with any original thoughts to solve the embarrassement that collectors_comics pulled on the comic book community.

collectors_comics has damaged the integrity of slabbing by pulling the wool over the eyes of the so-called experts.

Someone now should be held accountable or do we continue to look the other way and ;)

What you're talking about will never happen and has nothing to do with the problem here.

CGC did not create the market for higher grade or highest graded books. Collectors have always sought out those type of books from as far back as before your birth at least 30 years before the creation of THE CGC.

If you bought, collected and graded those type of books, you'd realize there IS a difference and it MAKES a difference to some collectors.

Whoever worked on this book to try and make it 'better' or whatever you'd call it, would've benefitted from a grade bump either way, even if the was no .2, .4 etc.

The SOLUTION, is to point out situations like this to THE CGC, so they can respond and address them. What they come up with may not make single person happy, but it is what it is.

Play the obstacles.

The wrong solution is to lose your mind, freak out, come up with hair brained ideas and claim its the Apocalypse. That benefits no one.

Let me get this straight.....

Everybody here is a Collector not a investor, everybody does not care if they spend 1000 or 10,000 or 1000,000 on a single comic and they lose money.....

You are here only because you buy and read comics...what does not make sense is why you ARE here, this a grading service for INVESTORS/COLLECTORS in which you can NEVER READ YOU COMIC BOOK AGAIN UNLESS YOU BREAK OPEN THE CONTAINER

ARE you FFFFFF kidding me....

If the value of my Astonishing X-Men collection drops, then the streets shall run red with blood, by Crom!

:sumo:

Crom references always get a +1 from me.

So like, is Crom a Mutant, or what?

cromlaughs_zpsa0e3fcb1.jpg

lol

Everybody here is a Collector not a investor, everybody does not care if they spend 1000 or 10,000 or 1000,000 on a single comic and they lose money.....

You are here only because you buy and read comics...what does not make sense is why you ARE here, this a grading service for INVESTORS/COLLECTORS in which you can NEVER READ YOU COMIC BOOK AGAIN UNLESS YOU BREAK OPEN THE CONTAINER

What comic books do you own and are they graded by the CGC?

:applause:

If the value of my Astonishing X-Men collection drops, then the streets shall run red with blood, by Crom!

:sumo:

Crom references always get a +1 from me.

So like, is Crom a Mutant, or what?

cromlaughs_zpsa0e3fcb1.jpg

571b344f-3167-4edb-ad2c-29c01ab4b8aa_zpse1db0fda.jpg

Took just about 10 years to achieve the qualification... and I am humbled by the recognition nonetheless. :shy:

masterchief-badge-11_zps9f994833.jpg

No one has done more to make "the crack out game" fully visible and understandable than you. Fact, not hyperbole.

While examples like the Avengers #1 will occasionally grab headlines, you've basically produced and presented a comprehensive "Field Report" through the years. A singular effort that illustrates the breadth and depth of the phenomenon since it's introduction.

THANK YOU for your incredible efforts. And thank you for sharing those efforts with us all.

+1

+1,000,000,000