• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Book Spine Realignment Therapy, turn your 8.5's into 9.2's!

3,329 posts in this topic

Take apart book. Refold each page. Press. Reassemble. Use the appropriate tools not to scratch staples or gouge paper. Press again. Submit.

I can't think of any other way that a book can be "realigned" with a stack of papers that can throw you off at any point. At some point I would think the cover had to be detached to get the "old" normal spine crease out.

Because they want to see it. :makepoint:

I have a question:

Why exactly is CGC offering to take the book back? Because they do not approve of the practice that was used to attain the higher grade or because they believe they graded the book incorrectly?

You need to read the thread.

Sorry, was travelling all day and could not possible catch up with 600 new posts. I tried to get the gist of it.

Take apart book. Refold each page. Press. Reassemble. Use the appropriate tools not to scratch staples or gouge paper. Press again. Submit.

I can't think of any other way that a book can be "realigned" with a stack of papers that can throw you off at any point. At some point I would think the cover had to be detached to get the "old" normal spine crease out.

Because they want to see it. :makepoint:
Nope. Can be done - as has been pointed out previously in this thread - without dis-assembly

I have a question:

Why exactly is CGC offering to take the book back? Because they do not approve of the practice that was used to attain the higher grade or because they believe they graded the book incorrectly?

Sorry, was travelling all day and could not possible catch up with 600 new posts. I tried to get the gist of it.

Love ya, Roy,

I have a question:

Yes and yes

I doubt whether it was a fricken' "offer" :makepoint:

The real question is what COLOR is the label going to be....

What comic books do you own and are they graded by the CGC?

He won't answer. I just bet and I know it. I know he won't and I just bet he won't.

I think he does have one or two nice books, maybe an Action 1 he picked up in the 70s, if my memory serves me correctly, but I'm betting that they aren't graded by the CGC.

DULUTION will bring the comicwiz cataclysm.

It's better than the alternative:

cute_zps4e240fa9.jpg

Nobody wants that.

I want that.

I want Coca Colas, Smiles, Kittens and my comic book innocence back.

I have a question:

Summary: Cataclysm delayed.

I have a question:

Yes and yes

He won't answer. I just bet and I know it. I know he won't and I just bet he won't.

I think he does have one or two nice books, maybe an Action 1, if my memory serves me correctly, but I'm betting that they aren't graded by the CGC.

I doubt he has an Action 1 anymore. He bought one in 1911 though.

DULUTION will bring the comicwiz cataclysm.

It's better than the alternative:

cute_zps4e240fa9.jpg

Nobody wants that.

I want that.

I want Coca Colas, Smiles, Kittens and my comic book innocence back.

You can get your smiles, kitties, and Coke, but comic book innocence? Nah.

I have a question:

Yes and yes

I think he does have one or two nice books, maybe an Action 1 he picked up in the 70s, if my memory serves me correctly, but I'm betting that they aren't graded by the CGC.

He doesn't have the stones to have the CGC grade them.

I have a question:

You're gonna have to sit down and take a dump eventually. Unfortunately, there'll be like 1500 new posts by then! :o

I have a question:

Yes and yes

Only Dr Watson...please PM me, I just saw SH2( excellent movie)...he has to take an oath

I have a question:

Yes and yes

I think he does have one or two nice books, maybe an Action 1, if my memory serves me correctly, but I'm betting that they aren't graded by the CGC.

I thought that was a T-206 Honus Wagner?

Let me get this straight.....

Everybody here is a Collector not a investor, everybody does not care if they spend 1000 or 10,000 or 1000,000 on a single comic and they lose money.....

You are here only because you buy and read comics...what does not make sense is why you ARE here, this a grading service for INVESTORS/COLLECTORS in which you can NEVER READ YOU COMIC BOOK AGAIN UNLESS YOU BREAK OPEN THE CONTAINER

ARE you FFFFFF kidding me....

That's way too lucid of a sentence for him to respond to. Let me translate:

Miotch, what comic you haave and face job yes no. Money.

I laughed so hard, my husband came running in to see if was choking or something..

I have a question:

Yes and yes

I thought that was a T-206 Honus Wagner?

He might be confused about that.