• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Book Spine Realignment Therapy, turn your 8.5's into 9.2's!

3,329 posts in this topic

Let me get this straight.....

Everybody here is a Collector not a investor, everybody does not care if they spend 1000 or 10,000 or 1000,000 on a single comic and they lose money.....

You are here only because you buy and read comics...what does not make sense is why you ARE here, this a grading service for INVESTORS/COLLECTORS in which you can NEVER READ YOU COMIC BOOK AGAIN UNLESS YOU BREAK OPEN THE CONTAINER

ARE you FFFFFF kidding me....

What comic books do you own and are they graded by the CGC?

A hearty +1

I’m taking CGC’s side on this one. There was intentional manipulation on a book. It was an ethical choice by the submitter. Not an intentional mis-grading by CGC.

It was sarcasm!!! :makepoint:

CGC can’t recall a grade. That’s insane. Then recall all of my under-graded books too and bump them.

Although I have never personally been a fan of the game, all you need to do is resubmit them to CGC and the books will be regraded. If they were undergraded as you believe, then they should receive a higher grade.

Oh. My bad. :sorry::hi:

Everybody here is a Collector not a investor, everybody does not care if they spend 1000 or 10,000 or 1000,000 on a single comic and they lose money.....

You are here only because you buy and read comics...what does not make sense is why you ARE here, this a grading service for INVESTORS/COLLECTORS in which you can NEVER READ YOU COMIC BOOK AGAIN UNLESS YOU BREAK OPEN THE CONTAINER

I’m taking CGC’s side on this one. There was intentional manipulation on a book. It was an ethical choice by the submitter. Not an intentional mis-grading by CGC.

:think: Sounds like......., pressing? :shrug:

DULUTION will bring the comicwiz cataclysm.

It's better than the alternative:

cute_zps4e240fa9.jpg

Nobody wants that.

I have a question:

Why exactly is CGC offering to take the book back? Because they do not approve of the practice that was used to attain the higher grade or because they believe they graded the book incorrectly?

That's way too lucid of a sentence for him to respond to. Let me translate:

Miotch, what comic you haave and face job yes no. Money.

I have a question:

Why exactly is CGC offering to take the book back? Because they do not approve of the practice that was used to attain the higher grade or because they believe they graded the book incorrectly?

You need to read the thread.

I have a question:

Yes and yes

I have a question:

Yes and yes

I doubt whether it was a fricken' "offer" :makepoint:

I have a question:

I may be wrong but what I gathered from Paul's comments is that it was the latter. Or that they at least wanted to reassess the grade. I think that makes sense and is appropriate.

That's way too lucid of a sentence for him to respond to. Let me translate:

Miotch, what comic you haave and face job yes no. Money.

That makes me think of Dorie trying to speak whale in Finding Nemo.

lol

I have a question:

Yes and yes

I'm on my phone so I can't do a "well make him an offer he can't refuse" meme :sorry:

I have a question:

Yes and yes

The real question is what COLOR is the label going to be....

I have a question:

Yes and yes

I have a question:

Yes and yes

No it isn't. There is no question about what color the label will be. It will be blue as it should be. The question is what grade will be reassigned, if any.

I have a question:

Yes and yes

He won't answer. I just bet and I know it. I know he won't and I just bet he won't.