• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Follow up response from Steve Borock

823 posts in this topic

Believe what you want. I'm getting pretty sick of holding your hand through this issue. Either you believe what you're saying, or you know the truth & are helping to cover it up. Either way...I couldn't care less.

Don't get careless, that's how accidents happen. gossip.gif

Just ask my parents . . . shy.gif

The problem I'm having in all of this is I don't know who to trust. I know Borock has been monitoring all this but won't engage in a dialougue and I'm not sure who anyone is or if they're CGC apologist for reasons of self interest etc. I sense that esquirecomics is doing what he believes is the right thing and I would tend to agree with all he has to say on this subject. Other then that it's all so confusing( and by design I believe) and I bet we never really find out the truth.

My money is on citizenship or working papers? Maybe a personal issue?

Darth,

It's the mob mentality that's been fostered by innaccurate speculation that's got you frustrated and led by the nose down the wrong path of ignorance, hysteria and paranoia.

poke2.gif

Ze-

27_laughing.gifinsane.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

acclaim.gif

Glad you caught that, I hope nobody thinks I would EVER actually make a statement like that myself.

Ze-

Hey, those are much better guesses than accusing him of spending the last nine months suckling at the teat of every underhanded BSD out there, whoring out his services, pressing and trimming everyone's book and their mothers confused-smiley-013.gif

Are we to believe that Eichenbaum, a major corporate businessman, did not review the document before signing it?

Earth to Mark, hello?! Of course he might not have reviewed it before signing it. I've got documents with signatures from Fortune 500 CEOs and chairmen that they had no clue what they were signing. That's why they hire lots of managers and staff, to make sure that everything is right for them to sign.

One thing most of you are forgetting is that CGC is NOT a big company - what does it have ? 40 employees? 60? 80 tops? I don't think so. It's a tiny little company in frikkin' Sarasota FL which only appears to be the center of the Universe to you frikkin' crease conscious, comic geeks. flowerred.gif

It's nowhere near Fortune 500,000 nevermind Fortune 500. With all due respect to Mr. Eichenbaum (and company) they are spit in the wind - he is NOT "a major corporate businessman. I think all of you need to take a step back and do a reality check. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

The Certified Collectibles Umbrella thinks BIG, I'll give them that . . . and they're no mom and pop, but . . . sumo.gifsleeping.gif

Diva, I look at it like this.

They have had 651000 submissions. At the lowest price, being modern with a discount that comes to 7.8 $Million bucks in 5 years.

With that kind of dough, which is probably closer to 15 million, you would think they would have the proper things in place. Don't you think?

Those numbers are just huge. To be in your 5th year and averaging at least 1.5 million in revenue per year is great.

Yes, I ran the same numbers (although a tad more conservatively). They have what appears to be be a great business model, and a "loyal" clientelle. My point was with respect to the "negligent" filing of "erroneous" formation documents for PCS with the FL/SOS.

The problem I'm having in all of this is I don't know who to trust. I know Borock has been monitoring all this but won't engage in a dialougue and I'm not sure who anyone is or if they're CGC apologist for reasons of self interest etc. I sense that esquirecomics is doing what he believes is the right thing and I would tend to agree with all he has to say on this subject. Other then that it's all so confusing( and by design I believe) and I bet we never really find out the truth.

truth%20out%20there%20sm.gif

PCS is not in business, (at least not for awhile). That's the whole point. No announcement was made because there was nothing to announce.

They are "in business" as of the filing date of their formation papers, and will be required to file tax returns for 2005 on behalf of the business, as well as K-1's on behalf of the each of the individual members of the LLC, as they have chosen to have it taxed as a partnership. Whether or not they do so is their "business".

It amazes me how you confuse facts with what you think is how things work. screwy.gif

PCS is not in business, (at least not for awhile). That's the whole point. No announcement was made because there was nothing to announce.

They are "in business" as of the filing date of their formation papers, and will be required to file tax returns for 2005 on behalf of the business, as well as K-1's on behalf of the each of the individual members of the LLC, as they have chosen to have it taxed as a partnership. Whether or not they do so is their "business".

It amazes me how you confuse facts with what you think is how things work. screwy.gif

How long ago was your head injury?

"in business" legally and "in business" practically are two different things. Yes, they exist as a business on paper. They are not doing business right now, period.

When a person opens a business, they usually get an address from which to do business. They then apply for a business license (or LLC in this caase). Once they get the paperwork, that makes them a operating business in the legal sense. However they actual business may not be in operation, even though they have a license. They may not have customers, furnishings, etc.

It amazes me how you confuse facts with what you think is how things work.

Hey, those are much better guesses than accusing him of spending the last nine months suckling at the teat of every underhanded BSD out there, whoring out his services, pressing and trimming everyone's book and their mothers confused-smiley-013.gif

Darth, what a delightful bedside manner you have. It is not exactly a subtle point you are making. But was it really necessary to phrase it like that?

Oh well.... I suppose I can always just not read it.

It appears I picked a peach of a time to return to the forum.

Lotsa love round here bout now.

Ze-

Sorry to disappoint you Death buddy, and with all due respect, but I see no reason for an apology arising out of my and others asking difficult and legitimate questions of CGC/CCG/PCS.

If anyone should apologize it is the CCG group for mishandling this entire situation. I'm glad they finally had the foresight to publicly attempt to address the issue. And, no, I absolutely do not believe they would have done so were it not for the posts within the last 24 hours.

Nor, frankly, given what I have been told by numerous major dealers and collectors over the past few months, is it my personal opinion that Chris has not been undertaking some form of work, but given his silence across the board (and by that I mean not hearing anything from anyone of conversations with him, and not necessarily a posting on these boards), I find it difficult to conclude otherwise. For one thing, it might not have been under the umbrella of PCS, but presumably Chris has been doing something to earn a living since he left CGC.

That these dealers/collectors have not come forward themselves is not my problem (and many of them have told me they would not for they don't see the reason), nor is it my place to out them. Some of the dealers, in fact, have expressed their concerns, if not outright opposition, in writing to CGC about the issue below, which I feel still remains an important one to resolve.

Finally, none of this changes the parameters of the conflict of interest concerns many of us share regarding the existence of PCS within the CCG umbrella, and the coordinated relationship that is believed will occur between PCS and CGC. But that, for the moment, will be left to another day to address.

I didn't see anything in the PCS Announcement that said that they had not been doing any work for any customers. It said they would open soon and that all members / dealers could submit.

If I were opening a service business like this, I would probably want to have a period of time where I did work on a limited basis for limited customers to test the procedures and the business model.

Nor, frankly, given what I have been told by numerous major dealers and collectors over the past few months, is it my personal opinion that Chris has not been undertaking some form of work, but given his silence across the board (and by that I mean not hearing anything from anyone of conversations with him, and not necessarily a posting on these boards), I find it difficult to conclude otherwise.

Funny, usually no news means good news? I'm concluding that the silence means that there is nothing to report...sorry to disappoint the conspiracy theorists with anti-CGC agendas on this one.

For one thing, it might not have been under the umbrella of PCS, but presumably Chris has been doing something to earn a living since he left CGC.

I heard he was at the Bellagio i Vegas doing stand-up confused-smiley-013.gif

That these dealers/collectors have not come forward themselves is not my problem (and many of them have told me they would not for they don't see the reason), nor is it my place to out them.

Selective outing I see? It wasn't anyone's place to out Ewert and Comic Keys yet we it seems we have litigation coming against one of them. Why do these other dealers get a pass? Damn their privacy and confidence...What happened to "Tell the truth, tell it all, tell it now" - selective application to dealers across the board 893scratchchin-thumb.gif seems like what we've been accusing Friesen of doing in offering his services...

Friesen has only needed ONE client for the past 6-9 months. One client who kept him busy enough until the paperwork they promised would be ready and mailed to the select clientele. I wonder who that could have been??? (no not Ewert...) Lots of work, and no questions asked...