• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grader Notes

1,754 posts in this topic

What happens if you pay and there are no notes?
Already checked. It's not an option on the one book (modern 9.8) I wouldn't expect to have notes.

"Grader Notes: None Available"

Introductory Fees for CGC Grader Notes:

hm
Translation: If they'll lap this up, they'll lap it up at a higher price. After all we used to give them for free. We used to tell people there was NO WAY to make this info available online.

From the website. What are Grader Notes?

CGC Grader Notes

What are CGC Grader Notes?

When CGC graders examine a comic book or magazine, they often enter comments about the collectible's condition. These "Grader Notes" describe problems, indicate the condition of the interior pages, and help explain why a collectible received the grade it did. After the first grader enters notes and their grade, the next grader can review those notes and can make any additional notes. For comics with the purple CGC Restored Grade label, Restoration Notes are given that describe the location and type of restoration. These notes are a valuable part of the grading process, and CGC now allows Grader Notes to be obtained online.

Sample Grader Notes

Some commonly used CGC Grader Notes include:

Right Center Front Cover Lite Fingerprints

Top Spine Water Damage

Left Center Back Cover Moderate Erasure Mark

Spine Small Stress Lines

Staple Rusted w/Rust Stained Interior

Interior Heavy Tanning

Bottom Right Front Cover Large Crease

Top Right Front Cover Restoration Color Touch

Left Center Back Cover Restoration Tear Seal

Grader Notes Fee

CGC Grader Notes are available for purchase online at CGCcomics.com. The fee for CGC Grader Notes varies based on the tier the comic book or magazine was submitted under.

Comics Submitted Under (Tier) Fee

Economy, Value and Modern $5

Standard and Express $15

Walkthrough $30

How do I get CGC Grader Notes?

When you enter a certification number for a CGC-graded collectible in the free Verify CGC Certification tool, you will see if it has any Grader Notes. To unlock the Grader Notes, click the "Get Notes" button and fill in the required fields. CGC Dealers can expedite the process by logging in to have Grader Notes billed with their monthly statement.

CGC Grader Notes are sent to the email provided within one business day. If the Grader Notes purchase page says that delivery will be INSTANT, the Grader Notes will appear immediately and also sent by email.

Why doe it cost more to get the graders nots from a walk thru as opposed to an economy?

Whether the notes were taken during the same day or over the course of a 6 week period should not matter.

Graders notes are graders notes.

Newt Samson slugs you in the nuts at the next con and laughs at you like Nelson Muntz.

Is he going to be borrowing your step ladder?

If he goes at your satchel like a speedbag, he can have it for the whole day.

All the time I see on web sites the clame -- BEST / None better /Highest graded

At what price point do costomers have the right to say to the seller pay the 15$ and prove it has the best white pages ?

So I agree with a post above we should see the grading notes from now on were $15 is a small% of value

1 % ????

I cant wait to email some one on ebay asking for grader notes !

edited

order_66. has a book I love so sent him a mesage asking for notes !

Wonder how that ends ? Will I servive ?

:whistle:

Wow! I created a thread with legs. I did a quick search on this topic before I started it so as to not get any Titanic sinking pics.

I would have paid for this info but $5 max. Book in question is a 2k comic.

I wonder if submitters can get free info?

Apparently, Grader's Notes are harder to transcribe on the more expensive books and therefore cost more to access.

From the website. What are Grader Notes?

CGC Grader Notes

What are CGC Grader Notes?

When CGC graders examine a comic book or magazine, they often enter comments about the collectible's condition. These "Grader Notes" describe problems, indicate the condition of the interior pages, and help explain why a collectible received the grade it did. After the first grader enters notes and their grade, the next grader can review those notes and can make any additional notes. For comics with the purple CGC Restored Grade label, Restoration Notes are given that describe the location and type of restoration. These notes are a valuable part of the grading process, and CGC now allows Grader Notes to be obtained online.

Sample Grader Notes

Some commonly used CGC Grader Notes include:

Right Center Front Cover Lite Fingerprints

Top Spine Water Damage

Left Center Back Cover Moderate Erasure Mark

Spine Small Stress Lines

Staple Rusted w/Rust Stained Interior

Interior Heavy Tanning

Bottom Right Front Cover Large Crease

Top Right Front Cover Restoration Color Touch

Left Center Back Cover Restoration Tear Seal

Grader Notes Fee

CGC Grader Notes are available for purchase online at CGCcomics.com. The fee for CGC Grader Notes varies based on the tier the comic book or magazine was submitted under.

Comics Submitted Under (Tier) Fee

Economy, Value and Modern $5

Standard and Express $15

Walkthrough $30

How do I get CGC Grader Notes?

When you enter a certification number for a CGC-graded collectible in the free Verify CGC Certification tool, you will see if it has any Grader Notes. To unlock the Grader Notes, click the "Get Notes" button and fill in the required fields. CGC Dealers can expedite the process by logging in to have Grader Notes billed with their monthly statement.

CGC Grader Notes are sent to the email provided within one business day. If the Grader Notes purchase page says that delivery will be INSTANT, the Grader Notes will appear immediately and also sent by email.

Why doe it cost more to get the graders nots from a walk thru as opposed to an economy?

Whether the notes were taken during the same day or over the course of a 6 week period should not matter.

Graders notes are graders notes.

Because the books are more valuable, hence the notes are more valuable.

Newt Samson slugs you in the nuts at the next con and laughs at you like Nelson Muntz.

Is he going to be borrowing your step ladder?

If he goes at your satchel like a speedbag, he can have it for the whole day.

No more than I see him at shows, it will be 2015 before we even cross paths again.

Just called CGC to check on grader notes for a comic I'm thinking about. He put me on hold for a min and then told me as of today you can get the notes on CGC site by entering the cert #. :whee:

Logged into CGC site, entered cert # than was informed that if I wanted grader notes it would be $15 and billed to my account. :pullhair::facepalm:

Econ, value and modern $5

Standard or Express $15

Walkthrough $30

The only thing that is kinda extortiony is the different prices for different tiers. The notes are the notes regardless of what tier the consumer used to get the book graded.

If I pay $30 for some notes, there better be a little somethin somethin that goes with that email.

:whee:

All the time I see on web sites the clame -- BEST / None better /Highest graded - The Census tells you this.

At what price point do costomers have the right to say to the seller pay the 15$ and prove it has the best white pages ? No RIGHT to get this info.

So I agree with a post above we should see the grading notes from now on were $15 is a small% of value

1 % ???? Maybe.

Wow! I created a thread with legs. I did a quick search on this topic before I started it so as to not get any Titanic sinking pics.

Apparently, Grader's Notes are harder to transcribe on the more expensive books and therefore cost more to access.

Can the notes be resold to future buyers when it comes time to sell?

No, that would definitely be a commercial purpose.

Just called CGC to check on grader notes for a comic I'm thinking about. He put me on hold for a min and then told me as of today you can get the notes on CGC site by entering the cert #. :whee:

Logged into CGC site, entered cert # than was informed that if I wanted grader notes it would be $15 and billed to my account. :pullhair::facepalm:

Standard or Express $15

Walkthrough $30

The only thing that is kinda extortiony is the different prices for different tiers. The notes are the notes regardless of what tier the consumer used to get the book graded.

If I pay $30 for some notes, there better be a little somethin somethin that goes with that email.

:whee:

Agreed. All notes are now $30. Thanks for the idea.

I'm surprised we're even allowed to resell a slab.

I'm surprised we're even allowed to resell a slab.

lol

Standard or Express $15

Walkthrough $30

This makes me mad. I paid over $100 to get something graded and when it was resubbed I paid another $100 to get the grade it deserved. Now I have to pay $15 $30 just to determine this? That is pretty awful. Yeah, it's great to have the notes published (finally) but it was only a matter of time before CGC had to do something to support the grades they put on the books. To have to pay an additional fee just to get this information seems very petty to me. 2c