• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grader Notes

1,754 posts in this topic

All I wanted to know is "Why my three books Graded so low?".

As a rule books from my collection have been graded between

4.0 and 7.0...when the three I sent in together came back 3.0

and 3.5 I thought there could have been a mixup...it just seemed

to much of a coincidence that they would all get similar grades.

I emailed CGC to see if it would be possible for someone there

to review the notes on my three books just to see if there might

have been a mixup.

The response was "...I can assure you that an error was not made

given our standards...there is no room for such errors.".

That's really good to know!

mm

I got so screwed on some of my books that I cannot trust the whole system. So the next batch of 35 books at the $45 tier will not be sent in. Thats about $1,500 in revenue that they just gave up because I cannot feel confident in the abilities of the graders they utilize.

Bub you probably didnt get screwed. You probably just cant grade that good.

I got so screwed on some of my books that I cannot trust the whole system. So the next batch of 35 books at the $45 tier will not be sent in. Thats about $1,500 in revenue that they just gave up because I cannot feel confident in the abilities of the graders they utilize.

don't get me started... don't even get me started!

Are there scans anywhere?

Are there scans anywhere?

If you are serious LWM put up some of the scans in the PGM forum and you will get some feedback. If you have pre-cgc scans put those up because it is hard to grade through the slab.

Dan

It's been over a month since graders' notes starting costing money. How much has that turnaround time dropped since then?

How much time does it take to clean up your stirring tools?

It's been over a month since graders' notes starting costing money. How much has that turnaround time dropped since then?

The filter is working overtime.

I buy a pack of balsa wood spoons. They decompose in the compost heap easily and I can use the mulch for my money trees.

The filter is working overtime.

I thought that pricksucking word would make it through.

Anyone interested in a copy of the letter from CGC printed on TP.

Then you too can wipe yer you-know-what with it.