• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man 2 is a winner. The Rotten Tomatoes reviews were off.

856 posts in this topic

The only thing this movie has going for it are the great CGI battles and the Gwen/Peter storyline. Everything else drug this movie down into mediocrity or worse.

Fully agree. I actually had tears in my eyes when Gwen passed, even though I knew it was going to happen.

They still should have had it happen on the bridge. :sumo:

Yeah if I am going to criticize the movie that is #1.

When I saw Peter swing her up to the bridge I was like.......OMG here we gooooooo

Don't think they did the Green Goblin bridge scene because it was already done in Spider-Man 1.

The clock tower was kinda neat when the spinning clock stopped at 1:21 . That was a cool nod to the books.

Yea my friend pointed that out but I missed the clock during the film. Def excited to see that on blu ray on pause.

The only thing this movie has going for it are the great CGI battles and the Gwen/Peter storyline. Everything else drug this movie down into mediocrity or worse.

Fully agree. I actually had tears in my eyes when Gwen passed, even though I knew it was going to happen.

Definitely heard some people tear up on opening night

Yeah if I am going to criticize the movie that is #1.

When I saw Peter swing her up to the bridge I was like.......OMG here we gooooooo

Don't think they did the Green Goblin bridge scene because it was already done in Spider-Man 1.

The clock tower was kinda neat when the spinning clock stopped at 1:21 . That was a cool nod to the books.

Wow. I didn't even notice that. Good eye

Goodness, I missed the significance of the clock. doh!

Instead of cute little nods to the source material, how about a little more fidelity to the source material?

Too much to ask I suppose :(

I saw a few grown women crying when that happened. People who never read the comic book who were shocked at that scene.

Unfortunately the cynical bandwagon rotten tomatoes comic book readers who only watch the trailers and follow hearsay will never experience that heartfelt scene.

:whistle:

Instead of cute little nods to the source material, how about a little more fidelity to the source material?

Did you like ASM 2 better than Prometheus? lol

I saw a few grown women crying when that happened. People who never read the comic book who were shocked at that scene.

Unfortunately the cynical bandwagon rotten tomatoes comic book readers who only watch the trailers and follow hearsay will never experience that heartfelt scene.

:whistle:

no they will wait until it is on TV for free.

I haven't seen ASM 2 yet. Waiting for Netflix.

If you haven't see the movie how can you comment on the film yet?

I haven't made a judgment about it yet....aside from deciding not to see it in the theater based on the trailers. I liked the last one much better than the previous Raimi nightmares...but that's kind of like saying I prefer butterscotch on my poop as opposed to caramel.

I haven't made a judgment about it yet....aside from deciding not to see it in the theater based on the trailers. I liked the last one much better than the previous Raimi nightmares...but that's kind of like saying I prefer butterscotch on my poop as opposed to caramel.

:signfunny:

Ok, that movie stank.

Just sat through 2.5 hours of and cheesy -script.

There were a few good action sequences but I wouldn't have gone to see it if I knew it was going to be like this.

The Rhino blew chunks. Electro blew chunks (Batman Bale voice anyone?) and the Goblin blew chunks.

Sorry guys, I'd love to love it but this movie was written with 17 year olds in mind.

6/10 (5.0/5.5 if unpressed)

You say the movie stank, but gave it a 6?

A 6 is passing in my book.

It was an entertaining movie, and I am sure once people see it either a second time or watch it on TV they will come back ,and say jeez it wasn`t that bad or as bad as they say it was.

I now look forward to your X-Men: Days of Future Past review, as I would be interested to see if you think that will be a better movie then ASM 2.

Why? Because your point of reference I bet is much higher for X-Men because your a much bigger X-Men fan than a Spider-Man fan from what I gather.

I want to see if this point of reference idea process has something to do with liking a superhero movie or not. hm

A 6 is barely a pass and the only thing it had going for it was some of the web slinging, and of course Gwen.

I was an X-men fan but my point of reference is not my like or dislike of the characters. I hardly knew any of the characters in First Class but thought it was a terrific comic movie.

Spidey 2 was campy. Whenever I was watching Max Dillon I thougt I was watching a 1990's Batman movie. :sick:

The story was not great (too many moving parts but not particularly well done), some of the special effects were cheesy (I thought Electro looked poor and there were a few instances where Spidey looked like a video game) and the science in the movie was cheesy.

Overall, this move will do great for the younger demographic / teenage market but IMO that's about it. I might watch it again just to see if my opinion holds up but I have little desire to see it again. I'd put it a shade above Ghost Rider, which I have never seen. lol

Roy,

It is a million times better than Ghost Rider. Stop it. :baiting:

Yes I thought everyone knew the early issues of Spider-man were the OG of Twilight.

I thought the CGI was the BEST to ever grace any Spider-man movie. You can't have a realistic looking Spider-man without intense CGI.

If you think this movie was cheesy try re-watching Superman 1 or II with Christopher Reeve, what abolsute pieces-of-S.

He never saw Ghost Rider,so how would he know?

Oh yeah he probally saw a trailer of it.

Ghost Rider one was a pretty decent flick as well. :cloud9:

:eek:

It was entertaining!

It was a turd. No wonder you like this new Ultimate Twilight Spider-man.

Chuck obviously the Spider-man movies are not living up to your childhood readership of Spider-man.

I have read the Lee/Ditko issues and to me they are living up it mostly just fine. No movie can make me go back and feel I can relate to HS years nor to I want them to. Garfield and Emma did a great job of building their relationship on screen so I don't know how high your expectations were, but I am def not sure how any director can meet them. I know everyone has different opinions, and I will be the first to say ASM 2 wasn't an all time great, but it def wasn't a bad movie.

Comic book fans to me are very attached to their favorite characters and if in film they don't come out exactly how the fan visions it then of course they lash out and say the movie was a turd. I can see how universally people think ASM 3 (raimi) was a turd because they went a 360 away from everything from the comics, but ASM 2 I won't agree with that view ever.

Same reason I don't understand how for what people loved about Avengers they have distaste for in MOS.

Not sure what else there is to talk about on this issue anymore.

I don't necessarily need it to mirror my childhood memories of the stories, I've read 1-300 at least 3 times in my life, I just find certain things more offensive in change than others.

The original first Raimi Spider-man movie, as well as the second, had plenty I didn't agree with, but they were overall a great representation of the character.

The Amazing Spider-man movie I felt was way off.

As someone who has read those stories for 40 years, in my opinion, the first two were more in spirit to the comic, than this new series.

Some will disagree, but that's how I see it.

Chuck I agree, but these first two are more towards Ultimate Spider-man is my point.

So it is perfectly understandable that fans more of the originals wouldn't be jumping for joy on the Webb Ultimate versions.

Edited by Spiderman-on-Tilt

Chuck I agree, but these first do are more towars Ultimate Spider-man is my point.

So it is perfectly understandable that fans more of the originals wouldn't be jumping for joy on the Webb Ultimate versions.

Yeah, I can see that. I'll always appreciate the original far more.

Chuck I agree, but these first two are more towards Ultimate Spider-man is my point.

Yeah, I can see that. I'll always appreciate the original far more.

I am okay either way since I was caught in between both generations.

My first chance of reading Spider-man was the tail-end of TMc.

Todd is main the reason I even got into comics long-term past casual reading before day camp at age 9.

First Spider-man comic I ever read:

AmazingSpiderman20-3.jpg

First Spider-man comic I ever read:

AmazingSpiderman20-3.jpg

:sorry:

To a 9 year old that story was good, and the art IMO is still 2nd to none.

In fact most comics when I was little were good.

I even enjoyed Superman comics.

I highly doubt you would find a bad comic book from a major character at that age when your little mind was imaginary larger characters.

In fact does it really matter cause it is not like ASM had any groundbreaking issues besides Kraven's Last Hunt and 1st Venom for what 15+ years. Heck I say since TMc left the book there has been only two important issues since #328- current issue as of 5/9/2014. ASM 361 and 9-11 Issue.

If people are going to kill ASM 301-328 for just having good art but boring stories then you have to add in most issues of ASM since issue #200 as well.

I reread those early 300's not long ago on RMA's recommendation, and they were more entertaining stories than I remembered. Back in the day, it was the beginning of the end for me as a 20+ year Spider-man reader though...

I can see where a 9 year old would be amazed at the stuff... I was amazed by comics at that age as well!