• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man 2 is a winner. The Rotten Tomatoes reviews were off.

856 posts in this topic

This movie was marginally bad. It had some good things but overall not really worthy of a new series.

I thought the first trilogy had more things right. I think they should stop rebooting known comic book stories for the younger audiences and just concentrate on writing a good story. A little less CGI, and little more for the screenplay writer.

The thing I never understood is why they chose Garfield/Stone. They just don't match. One looks far more mature than the other.

I finally saw it a week ago. No chemistry between Garfield and Stone.

I found it boring. Even the Stan Lee cameo was disappointing.

That's not a plot, that's a release strategy.

Well after having Sinister Six and Venom spin off from The Amazing Spider-Man Three and Four movies respectively.

I would have Carnage take on Venom as the Venom`s arch enemy.

venom-vs-carnage.jpg

Then I would have a plot where The Sinister Six poses as heroes.

sinister_six-template1_twoup.jpg

They would be wolves in sheep clothing fooling the public in that they were heroes, which I would then create a hero protagonist who would try to uncover that the Sinister Six was really evil.

Add 100 million for special effects to these franchises, and there we go. lol

Venom and The Sinister Six definitely could be spun off as separate movie franchises from Spider-Man after they are introduced in ASM 3 and 4.

Well after having Sinister Six and Venom spin off from The Amazing Spider-Man Three and Four movies respectively.

They would be wolves in sheep clothing fooling the public in that they were heroes, which I would then create a hero protagonist who would try to uncover that the Sinister Six was really evil.

Venom and The Sinister Six definitely could be spun off as separate movie franchises from Spider-Man after they are introduced in ASM 3 and 4.

The bolded statement above begs the question: If you need to "create a hero protagonist" why wouldn't you just use Spider-man? I still don't see anything that would lead me to believe that you can have a movie about villains that would be compelling.

I'm also not clear on why a movie about villains would have them pose as heroes, a move which would basically undo any introduction to these characters that might take place in ASM 3 or 4 (or even ASM 2, if any of these villains were used in the Sinister Six).

venom-vs-carnage.jpg

Holy cow, it sounds like you already do write for Sony.

It's weird to think that Marvel, who's early Silver Age villains were given personality and reasons for becoming bad guys are now reduced to one dimensional groan inducing cliches with tired stale dialogue, while the DC Universe Batman movies by Nolan worked hard to give those previously one dimensional comic book villains some added depth and reason for being.

Oscorp as the be all reason is so lame and tired - lazy writing.

It's weird to think that Marvel, who's early Silver Age villains were given personality and reasons for becoming bad guys are now reduced to one dimensional groan inducing cliches with tired stale dialogue, while the DC Universe Batman movies by Nolan worked hard to give those previously one dimensional comic book villains some added depth and reason for being.

Yep this is VERY lazy writing. The turning point is some cop shoots at him so he thinks Spiderman was just playing him. So that makes him instantly turn evil. Yeah right-gotcha.

Yep this is VERY lazy writing. The turning point is some cop shoots at him so he thinks Spiderman was just playing him. So that makes him instantly turn evil. Yeah right-gotcha.

+1. I thought the same thing. In ASM #6, a classic story, Lee makes you sympathetic for Dr. Connors, who -- besides having a serious disability -- has a wife and son whom the reader gets to know in the story. When he goes Jeckyll & Hyde, as a reader you felt bad for the bad guy ... in the ASM movie, Dr. Connors is simply obsessed with getting the gene mutation to work in the potion he creates. When he goes Jeckyll & Hyde in the movie, the audience has zero sympathy. As with the Electro, Rhino and Green Goblin characters in the ASM2 movie.

I will say that in the Spidey 3 movie (Raimi), they did a phenomenal job with the Sandman character . . . until he confesses that he was a co-conspirator in Uncle Ben's death. :facepalm:

venom-vs-carnage.jpg

Holy cow, it sounds like you already do write for Sony.

lol

It actually made me lol when Jamie Foxx was staggering like an angry person_having_a_hard_time_understanding_my_point yoinking his new wash-off dinosaur shaped bath crayons from the hands of the only (normal) kid at his party and said "Its My Birthday" They should have left out the "its time for me to light my candles" part.

Just have him trash Times Square like a fat little sociopath thud with an IQ of 60/spam taquito breath, and I would have made my day.

Nother thing Hollywood has really gotta stop with is the female computer voice giving expositional dialogue. Man that's lame.

WARNING_PLUTONIUM LOOSE_WILL EXPLODE ON IMPACT (it won't-Plutonium is not a contact explosive)

ALERT_ATTENTION_ELECTRICAL BASED LIFE FORMS USED FOR POWER GENERATION

WARNING_CITY POWER GRID WILL GO DOWN IN 60 SECONDS UNLESS SPIDERMAN_Uh, whoops....

DANGER IMPACT IMMINENT COLLISION DETECTION TRIGGERED ESCAPE PODS ENABLED ARMAMENT DETACHMENT PERMANENT CAUSTIC CAUTION WARNING DEVIATING DISASTER DECOMPRESSION CANISTER INTEGRITY BREACH INFILTRATION CONTAINMENT FAIL FAULT. WILL LOCKDOWN IN 5... 4... 3... 2... 1... DISASTER COMPLETE

Edited by ForlornOutcast

WARNING IF RED LINE EXCEEDED BEFORE FAILSAFE ACTIVATED BOMB WILL ARM AND ONLY DIRECTOR LEVEL CLEARANCE CAN DEACTIVATE.

You know, so the audience knows. Too much work making this info part of natural dialogue or something. Hey Hollywood why not just do a whole movie where computer chick explains everything as it happens just think how easy that would be to write hell you could -script it in a couple hours....

Yea and give everyone in the theater their own popup screens, closed captioning, cliff's notes, plug in headphones, free wifi, slow-mo, 3d, popcorn and soda attendants along with reclining padded Potty-chair seating and... crayons to fill out the word searches. Heres the answer key for our lazier customers: "DANGER" "WARNING" "HAPPENING" "OCCURANCE" "SITIATION" "PLOT" etc..

Finally culminating in a pause function in case anybody missed anything so everyone can yell "duh." and accidentally burst open a bag of $7 Skittles to make it rain for all the High Fructose Corn Syrupians.

ok I'm done. just had a little societal loathing I needed to vent :)

I just realized we have gotten 3 bad Spiderman movies in a row.....the cornerstone of the franchise.

Nice goin, guys. Soon, it will be 4 in a row....

It was bad. Not Daredevil bad, but in a way worse because of the nonsense science and computer voiceover....yeah they're housing electric eels to generate power for the city.....now that's GREEN, baby.....

I just realized we have gotten 3 bad Spiderman movies in a row.....the cornerstone of the franchise.

Nice goin, guys. Soon, it will be 4 in a row....

If you didn't like the first ASM movie why would you watch the second one?