• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man 2 is a winner. The Rotten Tomatoes reviews were off.

856 posts in this topic

They keep trying to play the Parker's parents death/conspiracy thing but it's so ham-handed and cliche it's not engaging-at all.

They keep trying to play the Parker's parents death/conspiracy thing but it's so ham-handed and cliche it's not engaging-at all.

Half way through the first movie, they basically reveal that Oscorp is responsible for his dad's death because Dr. Connors essentially affirms it. So why do we care about his parents in the second movie? We don't. Yet they spend considerable time going through his dad's brief case, blah blah blah, we don't care! What a waste of film.

Putting electricity through metal does not magnetize it. If you coil a wire around it it's magnetic as long as the current flows. Really bad science on this one.

The end was pretty dumb-dude in huge battle armor starts machine gunning and crowd stands there like theyre watching a parade. Little kid goes to fight him. Spiderman shows up and starts shooting his mouth in cocky fashion-hey numbnuts-one of these stuporvillains just killed yo GF-why are you so arrogant and cocky around em??

I'm trying to watch this suckfest-note to Hollywood Plutonium is not a green glowing fluid and is not stored in lucite cannisters-it is a grey metal like lead. Falling into a vat of electric eels will not give you super electro powers. A 'retroviral hyperplasia' could not be a genetic disorder as a retrovirus is an infection. Basically all the science in this thing is absolute compostable_fertilizer. The angst-y Harry O character has been done to death H-wood...

The more I think about the drek I saw a few weeks ago when I saw ASM2, the more I think it is one of the worst super-hero films ever made. On a level with Superman III. Only because the producers/director were given one of the greatest stories ever told in the history of comics -- The Night Gwen Stacy Died -- and they deliberately found multiple ways to butcher it.

+1

Villains need a better motive than 'Spiderman said he was my friend but he was lying'.....the less motive a villain has the less interesting he is-like most movie villains actually-they're just motivated cause they're 'bad'. Boring.

I'm trying to watch this suckfest-note to Hollywood Plutonium is not a green glowing fluid and is not stored in lucite cannisters-it is a grey metal like lead. Falling into a vat of electric eels will not give you super electro powers. A 'retroviral hyperplasia' could not be a genetic disorder as a retrovirus is an infection. Basically all the science in this thing is absolute compostable_fertilizer. The angst-y Harry O character has been done to death H-wood...

The more I think about the drek I saw a few weeks ago when I saw ASM2, the more I think it is one of the worst super-hero films ever made. On a level with Superman III. Only because the producers/director were given one of the greatest stories ever told in the history of comics -- The Night Gwen Stacy Died -- and they deliberately found multiple ways to butcher it.

+1

Have you seen ASM 2 yet?

:baiting:

:)

+1

Have you seen ASM 2 yet?

Yes.

And without paying for it, thankfully.

+1

Have you seen ASM 2 yet?

Yes.

:gossip:

Well what is your review?

Pros and Cons?

Ps anyone hit with that much voltage is crispy-doesn't matter how many nuclear spiders bit ya.

+1

Have you seen ASM 2 yet?

Yes.

Pros and Cons?

The Pros: Spider-man swinging through the city - those FX look great.

The Cons: Everything else about this movie sucks.

+1

Have you seen ASM 2 yet?

Yes.

Pros and Cons?

One Pro was Dane DeHaan was good as Harry Osborn.

dane-dehann-green-goblin.jpg

One of the best things why I am glad that ASM 2 did great international world wide box office is this opens the door up for the Sinister Six and Venom movies.

I see two great movie franchises being spun off from Spider-Man.

They could continue both franchises eventually without Spider-Man .

I see Sinister Six kind of like being a Thunderbolts kind of series,while Venom like a Chronicles of Riddick franchise.

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

+1

Have you seen ASM 2 yet?

Yes.

Pros and Cons?

One of the best things why I am glad that ASM 2 did great international world wide box office is this opens the door up for the Sinister Six and Venom movies.

I see Sinister Six kind of like being a Thunderbolts kind of series,while Venom like a Chronicles of Riddick franchise.

:roflmao:

+1

Have you seen ASM 2 yet?

Yes.

Pros and Cons?

And, as others have raised, how do you have a compelling film about Spider-man villains that doesn't include Spider-man? What does a plot for that film look like that would actually be interesting? How would the hacks working for Sony, who apparently can't write a decent Spider-man film with that character, suddenly write a decent Spider-man universe film without him?

+1

Have you seen ASM 2 yet?

Yes.

Pros and Cons?

And, as others have raised, how do you have a compelling film about Spider-man villains that doesn't include Spider-man? What does a plot for that film look like that would actually be interesting? How would the hacks working for Sony, who apparently can't write a decent Spider-man film with that character, suddenly write a decent Spider-man universe film without him?

They have made plenty of good Venom comic books without Spider-Man in them.

You can`t see a Sinister Six movie with Kraven and Green Goblin?

Oscorp Industries in itself is interesting.

A whole TV show could be done about it just like Gotham or Smallville.

In fact some would say Harry and Norman Osborn are more interesting then Spider-Man now.

hm

Just like a bunch of people find the Joker more interesting than Batman.

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

+1

Have you seen ASM 2 yet?

Yes.

Pros and Cons?

In fact some would say Harry and Norman Osborn are more interesting then Spider-Man now.

hm

Then name one plot that would suffice for a tentpole movie starring a villain without the hero.

+1

Have you seen ASM 2 yet?

Yes.

Pros and Cons?

hm

Then name one plot that would suffice for a tentpole movie starring a villain without the hero.

My plan would be to have Sinister Six and Venom spin off from Amazing Spider-Man Three and Four respectively.

An example is have The Sinister Six be introduced in ASM 3, and have Venom be introduced in ASM 4, then separate them into three different movie franchises.

That's not a plot, that's a release strategy.

Exactly. Those films have to have some reason for being other than "Venom is cool." What sort of conflict does Venom have, as a villain, if the hero isn't there to provide said conflict?

This movie was marginally bad. It had some good things but overall not really worthy of a new series.

I thought the first trilogy had more things right. I think they should stop rebooting known comic book stories for the younger audiences and just concentrate on writing a good story. A little less CGI, and little more for the screenplay writer.

The thing I never understood is why they chose Garfield/Stone. They just don't match. One looks far more mature than the other.