• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man 2 is a winner. The Rotten Tomatoes reviews were off.

856 posts in this topic

Amazing Spider-Man 2 forecasted to experience a 72% drop at box office

Universal's raunchy new comedy Neighbors, starring Seth Rogen ("The Green Hornet") and Zac Efron ("High School Musical"), knocked The Amazing Spider-Man 2 out of first place at the North American box office. The R-rated comedy that also stars Rose Byrne ("X-Men: First Class") and Dave Franco ("Warm Bodies") pulled in $18.3M to $18.5 on Friday and will finish the weekend with $46M+ to $48M cume. Audiences gave it a 'B' CinemaScore, which is actually slightly less than Spidey's 'B+' CinemaScore. Spidey will finish in second with $10M+ on Friday and is on pace for $37M to $38M. If you include The Amazing Spider-Man 2's $8.7M Thursday, the Friday-to-Friday drop is a jaw-breaking 72%.

OzpKTTn.png

Universal's raunchy new comedy Neighbors, starring Seth Rogen ("The Green Hornet") and Zac Efron ("High School Musical"), knocked The Amazing Spider-Man 2 out of first place at the North American box office. The R-rated comedy that also stars Rose Byrne ("X-Men: First Class") and Dave Franco ("Warm Bodies") pulled in $18.3M to $18.5 on Friday and will finish the weekend with $46M+ to $48M cume. Audiences gave it a 'B' CinemaScore, which is actually slightly less than Spidey's 'B+' CinemaScore. Spidey will finish in second with $10M+ on Friday and is on pace for $37M to $38M. If you include The Amazing Spider-Man 2's $8.7M Thursday, the Friday-to-Friday drop is a jaw-breaking 72%.

OzpKTTn.png

Unfriendly Neighbors hood Spider-Man :eek:

Possibly would have boosted ratings. Don't read if u haven't seen it:

Towards the end, when Gwen dies, it looks like webbing got a hold of her clothes, so in theory, the top should have ripped off and Gwen would have slammed into the ground @ around terminal velocity. So we should have had a topless Gwen.....just sayin....

Possibly would have boosted ratings. Don't read if u haven't seen it:

Towards the end, when Gwen dies, it looks like webbing got a hold of her clothes, so in theory, the top should have ripped off and Gwen would have slammed into the ground @ around terminal velocity. So we should have had a topless Gwen.....just sayin....

Bad science. The movie sucked.

I thought overall it was meh

The last 30 minutes saved it! Electro was kind of cool. Otherwise - meh

My ASM2 takeaways:

I like the old one so much more. The new one makes PP a sharp dressed, cool guy hipster. That's NOT the dorky, nerdy PP. He looks like a freaking Abercrombie poster child! :facepalm:

When Elektro REALLY becomes super powered when Harry frees him - he turns into a being of pure electricity and then creates a body for himself - but HE'S WEARING SHORTS?! :facepalm:

Aunt May isn't old and fragile in the movie?! She is in the comics. I hate the Sally Field Aunt May.

Two planes are about to crash - seriously?! Seriously?! Unnecessary. Oh, and it's going to happen in 4 minutes! Clock it! THE GIRL PULLS OUT AN OLD WINDUP POCKETWATCH?! Again - s.e.r.i.o.u.s.l.y?! :facepalm:

The power is restored - QUICK, plane 1 - turn left! Plane 2 - turn right!!! Top Gun music begins!! :banana: phew! Crisis averted! Seri....I'm not going to bother. :facepalm:

:news: When Gwen dies - the clock tower reads 1:21 :news: coolest part in the movie. (thumbs u

The last 30 minutes were the best part of the movie and may have saved it from complete trainwreck.

And I thought Rhino was in the movie?! (shrug)

Universal's raunchy new comedy Neighbors, starring Seth Rogen ("The Green Hornet"# and Zac Efron #"High School Musical"#, knocked The Amazing Spider-Man 2 out of first place at the North American box office. The R-rated comedy that also stars Rose Byrne #"X-Men: First Class"# and Dave Franco #"Warm Bodies") pulled in $18.3M to $18.5 on Friday and will finish the weekend with $46M+ to $48M cume. Audiences gave it a 'B' CinemaScore, which is actually slightly less than Spidey's 'B+' CinemaScore. Spidey will finish in second with $10M+ on Friday and is on pace for $37M to $38M. If you include The Amazing Spider-Man 2's $8.7M Thursday, the Friday-to-Friday drop is a jaw-breaking 72%.

OzpKTTn.png

People were like "why should I see this when I can see X-Men:DOFP & GotG" :popcorn:

Finally saw it today (probably the last person here to do so).

In a nutshell - too long, too whiny(they cry in nearly every scene) and just not a fun movie. I miss J.K. Simmons - the Raimi flicks had there faults but they were fun to watch. This is too close to the Ultimate series and too far away from the original concept for me. I guess I am old.

OzpKTTn.png

Like so many other franchise "killing" installments (Licence to Kill, Batman & Robin, etc), that should be the end of Andrew Garfield as Spidey. I imagine Webb will share a lot of the blame as well. I still plan on watching this on Blu, but regardless the numbers tell the truth of what's to come for the web-slinger and those potential spin-offs.

Hopefully, they get their :censored: together for the next reboot (can't see Sony letting this property go).

Finally saw it today (probably the last person here to do so).

In a nutshell - too long, too whiny(they cry in nearly every scene) and just not a fun movie. I miss J.K. Simmons - the Raimi flicks had there faults but they were fun to watch. This is too close to the Ultimate series and too far away from the original concept for me. I guess I am old.

Not the last. Just saw it today as well. Three out of ten. Not the worst superhero film I've ever seen. But one of the worse ones.

I am probably in the minority here but I am curious if this bothers anyone else.

The costume.

I have to say I think that the costume looks incredible from the trailers I have seen BUT...

it just doesn't look like it was made by a kid who is in high school that has no experience sewing and has no understanding how materials stretch/ ply and has very little budget because he is poor.

Neither of these look like they were made by Peter Parker high school geek. I know he is brilliant and can figure stuff out, but I just don't see it made by him:

spidey-costumes_zps06714c89.jpg

And this design is way out there:

spider-man-costume-1_zps8295011d.jpg

Yeah I am aware this is being ultra nit-picky, but it is a level of attention to detail that I find is missing in movies. I feel different if they take the time to show Peter obtaining materials for cheap, then perhaps cutting out a piece of plastic for his eye shape and then using some hotglue to secure it onto a mask that is on a Styrofoam head and drawing lines on the costume with a sharpie.

Show me how Peter makes the costume on a budget of less than a few hundred bucks.