• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Free Comic Book Day 2014

94 posts in this topic

doh! just like last year I keep on forgetting to pick up a copy of Mouse Guard :( but here's what I came out of today. Just got done reading DC New 52 Futures End & wow that book was a good read !!! Hip Hop & Zombie Tramp where fun reads, but I think DC New 52 Futures End owned this years FCBD (thumbs u

006_zps28037123.jpg

doh! just like last year I keep on forgetting to pick up a copy of Mouse Guard :( but here's what I came out of today. Just got done reading DC New 52 Futures End & wow that book was a good read !!! Hip Hop & Zombie Tramp where fun reads, but I think DC New 52 Futures End owned this years FCBD (thumbs u

006_zps28037123.jpg

I wonder how many kids got a free copy of Zombie Tramp today? doh!

006_zps28037123.jpg

Not enough with all the adults in line.

006_zps28037123.jpg

Not enough with all the adults in line.

damn i missed Zombie Tramp and 2000AD

too busy getting random free eye sketches

local shop had a pretty good setup, 2 free books, and then you could buy more for 50 cents each, which went to the local library. Someone from the library worked the free comics table. They also had some decent prices on their overstock and back issue bins. Biggest drawback was that they scheduled a card playing tournament of some kind and the people involved used more four letter words than you might hear in a barroom. It really only bothered me because I feel like FCBD is a day to get kids into comics, so having a bunch of knuckleheads dropping F-bombs wasn't the best thing to help promote comics.

local shop had a pretty good setup, 2 free books, and then you could buy more for 50 cents each, which went to the local library. Someone from the library worked the free comics table. They also had some decent prices on their overstock and back issue bins. Biggest drawback was that they scheduled a card playing tournament of some kind and the people involved used more four letter words than you might hear in a barroom. It really only bothered me because I feel like FCBD is a day to get kids into comics, so having a bunch of knuckleheads dropping F-bombs wasn't the best thing to help promote comics.

not at all :(

You guys comic shops are cheap

Big Brother Comics was giving 10 free books

My LCS had a limit of 5 free books :( unless you take advantage of there 20% off toys & back issue books.

we had no limit, they had loads of Mouse Guards too...i don't think people knew they were free

. That Rocket Raccoon #1 has the same image as the print that came with the stuffed RR from NYCC. Did anyone manage to snag an extra? I'd like to keep it for my daughter since she has the stuffed RR/print.

Peace,

Chip

Got be kidding me :cry: This years copy of mouse guard was very hard to get not many stores carried a lot ! I just came back from my LCS it was sold out ! the owner said he only got a few inn with his order :(

there must have been 80+ 2 hours after opening

My only limit was one of each title per person. I also had a few kids only items. Had a line around the building waiting for me to open. Ran a 10% off everything in the store, with higher discounts off select items (GN and TPB overstock, etc).

The first 1/2 hour was like a plague of locusts. People sure do like free! lol

. That Rocket Raccoon #1 has the same image as the print that came with the stuffed RR from NYCC. Did anyone manage to snag an extra? I'd like to keep it for my daughter since she has the stuffed RR/print.

Peace,

Chip

Chip,

I have an extra I will send out for ya.

John

My only limit was one of each title per person. I also had a few kids only items. Had a line around the building waiting for me to open. Ran a 10% off everything in the store, with higher discounts off select items (GN and TPB overstock, etc).

The first 1/2 hour was like a plague of locusts. People sure do like free! lol

Do you feel like the investment in the books for FCBD is worth it? I get the impression from others here that either they don't invest much into it for their own stores, or the stores they frequent don't invest much to make FCBD an event.

There was a one copy per person limit at my LCS.Mouse Guard you had to ask for,be a regular customer,not just a drop in on free day person.One spoony spoon got thrown out for groping one of the employees that had dressed up as Wonder Woman,another spooning spoon tossed for trying to grab handfulls of each book and pushing children out of the way.Other than that,good times indeed.