• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Has MP 15 "REALLY" hit all time highs?

531 posts in this topic

Here's another good question, since bigboytoys mentioned in his forum sales thread that his "book is sold via pm".

Which forum member bought it...and how badly did they get screwed if they checked eBay closed sales and based the amount they were willing to spend off of them?

:bump: since it appears a forum member may have been shafted.

Does anyone know who bought the book on the forum via pm or how much they paid?

I do know that a boardie has agreed to purchase at a price that would set a legitimate all time record for MP 15 and that his or her offer price was based 100% on the two GPA sales that have since been removed.

Does anyone know who bought the book on the forum via pm or how much they paid?

Perhaps it was never sold on the forum at all and he simply posted that to spread false information to board members to further prop up the demand for the book.

This is the same character who repeatedly posted about obtaining "holy grail" OA and then turned around to flip it weeks later on more than one instance in the past.

Now I have ammo when people tell me I don't know what I'm talkin about get a GPA subscription.....

I do know that a boardie has agreed to purchase at a price that would set a legitimate all time record for MP 15 and that his or her offer price was based 100% on the two GPA sales that have since been removed.

Out that loser!!!!

Hi,

I am in the hospitality industry and unfortunately I have to work on Sundays. I am just on my break right now and checked on this thread.

I have expected opinions and comments on these boards and I know that this is the culture here.

At the end of the day I will stand strong for what I said that I am not at all affiliated with the other listing and that the only listings I made is from frankat18 and here on the boards.

We have our own ways of selling and what I usually do is be aggressive with the price (double gpa at times) then go down from there. At the end of the day I sell ut either at GPA anyway sometimes a little over but actually most of the times it is under.

If you check all my sales threads here about 80% of what I sell are lower than GPA.

I appreciate and understand all the opinions thrown here but I feel I was at the wrong place at the wrong time. I never once declared or claimed that the last 2 sales were this price and this price because I kmow for a fact that the last sale was not suppose to be accepted due to the fact that it was a NPB. Thus me listing it on this board. You can check all the threads and never did I claim the recent sales.

There are times in which I am too lazy to list on ebay thus copy others descriptions and edit it.

The main claim on this whole thread was me claiming prices of the last 2 sales but like I said the main accusation of this thread is not true. From there other things was added and opinions were made (pretty much the culture on this board :) ) and all I can say is that I'll stay true and stand by my words and say that I have nothing to do what is accused of me.

It is not my place so I will give no information. But I can assure you that a deal was put in place. That leads to the question, if the boardie backs out and doesn't pay is it a pl list offense? I would think not.

Can you explain why the wording on the listings was so similar? This is beyond a coincidence explanation.

It is not my place so I will give no information. But I can assure you that a deal was put in place. That leads to the question, if the boardie backs out and doesn't pay is it a pl list offense? I would think not.

I would say no way should the buyer be put on pl list.

Bbt that leads to a major question, since this was all a misunderstanding according to you and the buyer based his price precisely on the two non sale sales, are you willing to allow the boardie buyer to either be released from the deal or to honor the deal at current GPA ($1999) and two what about the other points I have subsequently brought

There are times in which I am too lazy to list on ebay thus copy others descriptions and edit it.

Sorry, bigboytoys...but that excuse isn't going to fly this time.

You've already stated in this thread that you weren't aware of the previous eBay auction until someone alerted you to it being discussed in this thread (which was just started within the last day).

It also doesn't explain the fact that you stated in this thread that you were selling the book because you needed the money to fund another purchase. Yet...in your sales thread...you stated that you weren't in a hurry to sell and would be open to trading your book for another book and that you could even add in some cash on your end if needed.

In this thread you said:

"It all started when I was given a chance to look into a private collection of s/a and b/a books. I spent a little too much of my budget and had to sell something to be able to acquire something."

In your sales thread you said:

"Not really in a hurry to sell this but offers and time payments are more than welcome so PM away.

***also available for trading

Want List (I can add cash if needed)

Low grade copies of either of the following:

AF 15

JIM 83

Avengers 1

or a cgc 9.8 Iron Man 55"

Those are two very contradictory statements...which means one of them is a lie.

:popcorn: to letting the buyer out of the deal based on a mistake.

:gossip: Let's not forget that the "not his" eBay listing came first in the sequence by a week and had what looks like the SAME book pictured with the cert not listed and same description. hm

And why not just screen cap your emails to the NPB?? That would REALLY bolster credibility in your argument. (shrug)

In order of preference I want to know if you'll work with the seller to either release him from the purchase or work with him on a fair price based off of the now accurate GPA numbers and then after that I want to know why you said you received offers on the book but neither of your eBay listings show any offers having been received just that you canceled the first listing and the second hit its bin.

There are a lot of guys out there right now that are working together shilling books and raising the GPA ! I have messages from people with multiple copies of books that have clearly stated they need to get the GPA up on certain books then sell their higher grade copies.... I would really watch the following books :

MP #15

Hawkman #4

FF #45

And certain HFH books..

If you look all of these have hit almost double GPA numbers in the last month alone.. some from the same seller ?

This market is going nuts I am sticking on the sidelines for a while let some of this BS iron it self out... Use caution and GPA has many flaws and is being manipulated ! (more than normal)

look at the GPA on the 9.9 New mutants #98 one has been tossed around 4 times in the last 6 months each time to a higher GPA number... I don't really think it changed hands 4 times..