• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Has MP 15 "REALLY" hit all time highs?

531 posts in this topic

What you do here is appreciated, Jaybuck.

(thumbs u :headbang:

100% the right thing to do! People who do stuff like this to take advantage of people who do not know any better need to be EXPOSED! :applause: Don't let anybody tell you different, Jason.

100% the right thing to do! People who do stuff like this to take advantage of people who do not know any better need to be EXPOSED! :applause: Don't let anybody tell you different, Jason.

:applause: Always important to be honest and ethical in life.

There are times in which I am too lazy to list on ebay thus copy others descriptions and edit it.

How could you copy description of a listing you never saw?

This!

There are times in which I am too lazy to list on ebay thus copy others descriptions and edit it.

And why did you state you were forced to sell this book in a hurry because you needed the funds to buy other books and then state here that you were in no hurry to sell and would accept trades? Which is the truth and which is not?

And why did you state you were forced to sell this book in a hurry because you needed the funds to buy other books and then state here that you were in no hurry to sell and would accept trades? Which is the truth and which is not?

this ! And this !

Ditto, I too have seen my share of bad dealers/sellers, and I've managed to get my foot in my mouth lots of times. I try to stay out of issues I'm not involved with.

BTW, I saw a couple of sales recently(2-3 months ago) that seemed very suspect like this thread deal.

I've needed an ASM 122 for a long time, and watched tons get listed on eBay. The general price range for a 9.6 was about $900, give or take $100 or so. One seller had had three copies listed BIN for $1095, $1195, and $1295. I wanted the $1295 copy(straightest), and once offered something around $1000 for it. None of those sold for over 9-12 months, until this Spring.

In just under three weeks time, two sold for $1295, and just before the second one(I wanted), the picture changed and was very low quality.

It's very hard to track real sales accurately from all sources, which is why we appreciate GPA, until we wonder how real some sales are.

I watched the GPA record those two highest ever new sales, and then a copy I turned up on CLink that I would take. Something fishy was happening with those sales I'll bet, but I backed away, and ended up seeing the GPA affect ongoing prices.

I do not mind people buying and selling, to make money etc, but we don't need the outright crooks messing with the market(shilling, pricing 2xGPA and more, buying and holding stock(reducing supply(increasing demand))).

2 definite lies he's caught in. The jig is up.

I tried to lie once about my age on the boards-didn't go well...

But the thing about GPA is its an average so if more copies sell it will average out. Anybody that uses GPA and only looks last sale to price or buy books is not using the data properly or just kidding themselves.

Like the collector who sells a collection or poor to fair books and thinks he is going to get HG overstreet prices because they may be keys.

But the thing about GPA is its an average so if more copies sell it will average out. Anybody that uses GPA and only looks last sale to price or buy books is not using the data properly or just kidding themselves.

Like the collector who sells a collection or poor to fair books and thinks he is going to get HG overstreet prices because they may be keys.

I agree completely, ... and the sellers who begin their thread by quoted just the highest sales or highest recent sales, they put me off, and most members I hope.

I agree on the average . But when Gpa is manipulated and honest sellers bring out their books they price off the last sales not the average.

It is an average but the average of 2,3,4,3,2,3,1000 is 145

Yeah but there has to be a reason why there is a $1000 dollar sale. Did the book just go white hot. Movie hype yadda yadda. Because if your a and someone is trying to abuse GPA your not paying $1000 for a dollar bin book.

Basically you use GPA as a guide and you have to fill in the other components to properly value buying or selling a book

It is an average but the average of 2,3,4,3,2,3,1000 is 145

Yeah but there has to be a reason why there is a $1000 dollar sale. Did the book just go white hot. Movie hype yadda yadda. Because if your a and someone is trying to abuse GPA your not paying $1000 for a dollar bin book.

Basically you use GPA as a guide and you have to fill in the other components to properly value buying or selling a book

Yep. Use the tool wisely, knowing there are wise guys....

The stench of bull mess is still strong around here

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=60&Number=7636755&Searchpage=2&Main=338206&Words=Mike%27s+Rack&topic=0&Search=true#Post7636755

It's one thing to find hot books and flip them, it's quite another to engage in fraud to further exacerbate the price spike. It's close enough to plausible that it could not be proven but I'm adding one to the ignore list.

This is the real problem behind all the spiking prices. I've made good money on hot books but money attracts the scammers that burn fledgling buyers and as a result sour them to the hobby. I was 16 in 1992 and I wasted a lot of dough being led around by the nose by local dealers. I left the hobby and I thought I'd never come back. A lot of people left the hobby back then because people got greedy and went for the quick buck rather than taking the long view and treating people right. Greed is what almost killed the hobby in the 90's and it is the biggest threat to do it again, pigs get fat- hogs get slaughtered, and too many hogs can take the hobby down too rantrant

I agree on the average . But when Gpa is manipulated and honest sellers bring out their books they price off the last sales not the average.

I have sold a lot of books using GPA Iike 500 or more. I have never once sold a book using last sale pricing. Unless last sale was in line with 90 day or 12 month.

Sellers can ask what they want then you get just look at ebay.

If your a buyer its up to you educate yourself. Getting caught up in a inflated, or small sample size price for a book is just not savy.

This goes for life in general its called shopping around unless its one of a kind you can find everything cheaper somewhere else

The stench of bull mess is still strong around here

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=60&Number=7636755&Searchpage=2&Main=338206&Words=Mike%27s+Rack&topic=0&Search=true#Post7636755

It's one thing to find hot books and flip them, it's quite another to engage in fraud to further exacerbate the price spike. It's close enough to plausible that it could not be proven but I'm adding one to the ignore list.

This is the real problem behind all the spiking prices. I've made good money on hot books but money attracts the scammers that burn fledgling buyers and as a result sour them to the hobby. I was 16 in 1992 and I wasted a lot of dough being led around by the nose by local dealers. I left the hobby and I thought I'd never come back. A lot of people left the hobby back then because people got greedy and went for the quick buck rather than taking the long view and treating people right. Greed is what almost killed the hobby in the 90's and it is the biggest threat to do it again, pigs get fat- hogs get slaughtered, and too many hogs can take the hobby down too rantrant

Amen. :applause:

I have sold a lot of books using GPA Iike 500 or more. I have never once sold a book using last sale pricing. Unless last sale was in line with 90 day or 12 month.

Sellers can ask what they want then you get just look at ebay.

If your a buyer its up to you educate yourself. Getting caught up in a inflated, or small sample

size price for a book is just not

This goes for life in general its called shopping around unless its one of a kind you can find everything cheaper somewhere else

Agreed but your missing the point. When you shop around the books that are coming out are all mostly effected by the new price increases . No one is going to bring out a 9.8 MP 15 for 1500.00 when they are being shilled at 3200.00 . Even the big dealers see the last couple sales even if a couple of them are bs. That shilled number becomes the new price. Hunt all you want try to find a MP 15 for even the 2000 price spike that occurred with the TV announcement..... Not happing... So patience is key.

So basically they screw up collecting for everyone. You shillers rock.