• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Has MP 15 "REALLY" hit all time highs?

531 posts in this topic

This catches my eye...

Looking at all of chapao12's feedback as a seller...we find he's sold items with the following values in the past.

$3.58

$16.05

$22.50

$7.05

$2.47

That is...until his recent sale of a Marvel Premiere #15 CGC 9.8 for $3.750.00

Right before your recent sale of a Marvel Premiere #15 CGC 9.8 for $3.995.00 a week later.

Pardon my presumption, but am I the only one thinking that if chapao12 is spending his time selling dregs, he's never seen, let alone owned a high grade key like this?

As far as him saying the book is heating up... Is he wrong? Even throwing out the last two sales as invalid the book is rising is all grades. My take is that this is nowhere near a $4k book, probably closer to a $2500 book, but to pick out his claim that the book is heating up as proof that he was referring to the last two (non) sales is a stretch.

My life's busy enough. The last thing I need to be doing is dealing with someone who there's even a shadow of doubt about there credibility.

I can't stand people who try and gouge potential customers by selling books way above fair market value. List it for a reasonable price and someone probably would have bought it.

"BBT" won't have a long selling career on the boards if he doesn't realize this soon.

2c

listing from auction 1

> 1st Appearance and Origin of Iron Fist

> Netflix series coming up this year

> Highest Grade only 32 copies

Slab is in excellent condition!

Shipping to North America is FREE

listing from auction 2

> Was given a "go-ahead" to sell this for 3 days. If it doesn't sell then it will be placed back in the collection.

> Very Rare in CGC 9.8

> Very few copies on the census only 32

> Netflix show coming out this year

> Shipping to North America is free

> Case is in Pristine Condition

The stuff that BrianR pointed out earlier in the thread is also still bothering me. The similarities between the two eBay listings (which I highlighted in red above) is quite a coincidence. The similar wording style and selling points...and the method of using the ">" symbol for line breaks. I've also printed the similarities out side by side below for easier comparison.

Netflix series coming up this year ----- Netflix show coming out this year

only 32 ----- only 32

Slab is in excellent condition ----- Case is in Pristine Condition

Shipping to North America is FREE ----- Shipping to North America is free

The stuff that BrianR pointed out earlier in the thread is also still bothering me. The similarities between the two eBay listings (which I highlighted in red above) is quite a coincidence. The similar wording style and selling points...and the method of using the ">" symbol for line breaks. I've also printed the similarities out side by side below for easier comparison.

only 32 ----- only 32

It is possible that he just copied the listing description. Sellers do that a lot, especially if they don't sell very often and don't make use of stored templates.

only 32 ----- only 32

It is possible that he just copied the listing description. Sellers do that a lot, especially if they don't sell very often and don't make use of stored templates.

He stated several times that he did not see the first nose bleed high sale. :gossip:

only 32 ----- only 32

As Bronze_age_fan mentioned...the seller made a post earlier in this thread stating that he was not even aware of the prior eBay sale until someone pointed him towards this thread.

From the sellers post earlier in this thread:

"Then Hector showed me another listing that was being talked upon this thread. I am not associated with that listing at all. Hector told me that chapao12 had a MP 15 listing which is weird because he is the one who Hit my BIN for the book I am selling and is a NPB."

only 32 ----- only 32

As Bronze_age_fan mentioned...the seller made a post earlier in this thread stating that he was not even aware of the prior eBay sale until someone pointed him towards this thread.

From the sellers post earlier in this thread:

"Then Hector showed me another listing that was being talked upon this thread. I am not associated with that listing at all. Hector told me that chapao12 had a MP 15 listing which is weird because he is the one who Hit my BIN for the book I am selling and is a NPB."

Amazingly coincidental

He stated several times that he did not see the first nose bleed high sale. :gossip:

My mistake.

One would think that if a seller was trying to move a book on eBay that they would look at the recent eBay sales, especially if they were trying to sell the book quickly. No doubt this has already been mentioned as well.

So the second sale of $3,995.00 didn't complete. What is the consensus on the earlier one that closed at $3,750.00?

Personally....I think they're the same book and I don't think either one of them was an actual "sale".

So the second sale of $3,995.00 didn't complete. What is the consensus on the earlier one that closed at $3,750.00?

Personally....I think they're the same book and I don't think either one of them was an actual "sale".

Yes! The first sale maybe bigboytoys shill account.All three sales are the same book.

Here's another good question, since bigboytoys mentioned in his forum sales thread that his "book is sold via pm".

Which forum member bought it...and how badly did they get screwed if they checked eBay closed sales and based the amount they were willing to spend off of them?

Yes! The first sale maybe bigboytoys shill account.All three sales are the same book.

Come on Dave....the BBT guy said he is on the up and up. He has to be telling the truth. zzz

Come on Dave....the BBT guy said he is on the up and up. He has to be telling the truth. zzz

As a cop I bet you have to analyze every scene that comes your way.When there are too many question marks,things just don't add up what do you do?