• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Has MP 15 "REALLY" hit all time highs?

531 posts in this topic

I pm'd the ebay member, sent him an invoice and waited. I pm'd the member everyday saying " once payment is shipped I will ship it out right away" or "I ship protected and fast and will send it out as soon as payment is received etc" (basically me prompting him to pay)

Screen caps of the eBay messages? (shrug)

Now, going back to the topic full circle. Hector told me that chapao12 had a MP 15 listing which is weird because he is the one who Hit my BIN for the book I am selling and is a NPB.

I don't know if maybe he is the one setting up price values so that he can go ahead and resell his book if he indeed has a copy himself. (I will be on the lookout on my end for any cgc 9.8 that appears from now on and check if he will relist it once again or something.)

How did chapao12 get images of your book to use in his listing over a week BEFORE your listing if your listing was only a 3 day listing? hm

*sniff*

Screen caps FTW.

I predict 1 of 2 responses. "I don't know how to screen cap." Or "I already deleted those messages."

So the second sale of $3,995.00 didn't complete. What is the consensus on the earlier one that closed at $3,750.00?

Personally....I think they're the same book and I don't think either one of them was an actual "sale".

Yes! The first sale maybe bigboytoys shill account.All three sales are the same book.

Come on Dave....the BBT guy said he is on the up and up. He has to be telling the truth. zzz

As a cop I bet you have to analyze every scene that comes your way.When there are too many question marks,things just don't add up what do you do?

If I talk to anyone who is suspected of doing something wrong....they lie. And lie. And lie. Very rarely do I come across anyone who tells me the truth. I may be jaded in this whole discussion. lol Just have to look at all of the facts. And come up with an opinion. And my opinion here.....is this stinks. :facepalm:

So the second sale of $3,995.00 didn't complete. What is the consensus on the earlier one that closed at $3,750.00?

Personally....I think they're the same book and I don't think either one of them was an actual "sale".

Yes! The first sale maybe bigboytoys shill account.All three sales are the same book.

To be fair BigBoysToys is in Ontario and the first sale is in California. I don't believe they are the same seller although it's possible they are friends and working together.

In general something doesn't smell right to me.

In his board sale he posts:

Not really in a hurry to sell this but offers and time payments are more than welcome so PM away \:\)

***also available for trading

Want List (I can add cash if needed)

Low grade copies of either of the following:

AF 15

JIM 83

Avengers 1

or a cgc 9.8 Iron Man 55

and

Last Drop then back to the Vault \:\)

Yet here he states:

It all started when I was given a chance to look into a private collection of s/a and b/a books. I spent a little too much of my budget and had to sell something to be able to acquire something

Hardly a smoking gun but certainly the two stories are contradictory. Had to sell versus I'm in no hurry to sell and looking to trade and back to the vault.

I also have to say I hate ebay sellers who list books for double market. They're everywhere on ebay. When I want to buy a nice book and I'm prepared to pay a fair price and all I see is these stupid double or triple priced books. Spend the time to figure out the market and bump it up a bit.

Come on Dave....the BBT guy said he is on the up and up. He has to be telling the truth. zzz

As a cop I bet you have to analyze every scene that comes your way.When there are too many question marks,things just don't add up what do you do?

If I talk to anyone who is suspected of doing something wrong....they lie. And lie. And lie. Very rarely do I come across anyone who tells me the truth. I may be jaded in this whole discussion. lol Just have to look at all of the facts. And come up with an opinion. And my opinion here.....is this stinks. :facepalm:

You are the professional. :applause: I'm with you on this one. (thumbs u

Thanks for your super quick response here on this, this is why I am glad I subscribe to you! I think both sales are suspect. The second sale is definitely out. The first sale has too many questions around it (low feedback seller sets an all time sales record by $1250 when he has never sold anything over like 100 bucks, with a book you can barely see anything on, that looks identical to the book sold by BBT) To be safe, I would exclude both sales or at a minimum put a huge note saying that the sale seems suspect and not in line with previous or current sales information (especially given the fact that a week earlier BBT's book (sold by the original owner) was posted for $2000 and had no takes, kinda weird that someone would jump all over it at $3750.

To be fair BigBoysToys is in Ontario and the first sale is in California. I don't believe they are the same seller although it's possible they are friends and working together.

When the first sellers eBay account was set up...couldn't they just list whatever location they wanted for the account? If someone did want to set up a shill eBay account...it would make sense to set the account up with a different location.

Or....is it possible to just list whatever location you want to when you list an individual auction? If the first auction was set up to be a fake sale to affect market value...then the location wouldn't need to be correct, since the transaction would never be completed anyway.

It's been so long since I've dealt with eBay that I'm not really sure...just thinking out loud here.

bababooey I never mentioned the raffle thread. I was referring to the sales thread he posted the other day that I linked to. And like I mentioned, I was wrong in saying he cited the sales. He was saying that the book was on fire.

I'm still trying to figure out why anyone would want to pay $2500 for a 9.8 copy of this book, let alone nearly $4000. :baiting:

The Netflix series featuring the character doesn't look like it will be appearing before 2017, and by then there will likely be at least 60 9.8s on the census.

bababooey I never mentioned the raffle thread. I was referring to the sales thread he posted the other day that I linked to. And like I mentioned, I was wrong in saying he cited the sales. He was saying that the book was on fire.

I was clearing up my own speculation that those ebay sales may have been remembered from the deleted "raffle thread" - I searched, found it & saw that they weren't referenced.

Which is why I went with the "I was wrong" thing in my post correcting my prior post.

I'm still trying to figure out why anyone would want to pay $2500 for a 9.8 copy of this book, let alone nearly $4000. :baiting:

The Netflix series featuring the character doesn't look like it will be appearing before 2017, and by then there will likely be at least 60 9.8s on the census.

I might pay about $400 if anyone wants to unload their 9.8 copy. Even at that price it seems over what good sense would dictate.

$3,750.00 - Shill to legit account.

$3,995.00 - Legit seller to Shill account.

Do I have this right? So all data is bogus.

$3,750.00 - Shill to legit account.

$3,995.00 - Legit seller to Shill account.

Do I have this right? So all data is bogus.

About sums it up. Hey Pat. :hi: