• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Thread "The Flash" TV Show SPOILER-FILLED
4 4

2,574 posts in this topic

Iris....now her MOM?

How many weaksauce characters are they going to pile on?

Enough already.

Yeah, Iris is the worst part of this show. She's such a bad actor. Similar to Laurel Lance on Arrow.

She wouldn't be all that bad if they used her sparingly, but the heartbroken Barry stuff is getting old and the neverending drama that surrounds Iris is just over the top unnecessary.

More superhero stuff, less General Hospital/Days of Our Lives nonsense FTW!

Not to be a pain, but maybe I should point out that we've had Weather Wizard, Captain Cold, Grodd, Professor Zoom, Heatwave, Firestorm, Atom and more when you count the Arrow crossovers - and were ONLY in the second episode of the 2nd season - so it's not exactly like they are sandbagging, when it comes to "more superhero stuff".

Is it possible we've been spoiled a little, huh?

You're right Boba....they have gifted us with tons of hero/villain stuff. However, none of that can make me actively enjoy Iris's drama rollercoaster. :(

Just started watching Season 2 and have the following questions (sorry if I missed something or they were already asked and answered):

When Eddie killed himself at the end of S01 and "erased" Eobard/Wells why didn't the real Wells survive in the past and Barry's mom not die?

Just started watching Season 2 and have the following questions (sorry if I missed something or they were already asked and answered):

When Eddie killed himself at the end of S01 and "erased" Eobard/Wells why didn't the real Wells survive in the past and Barry's mom not die?

Thawne was a descendant of Eddie's therefore only the future changed, not the past.

you have to think about it like what it was said inone of docotor who episode. that there are fix points in time that can't be change. so lets say thawne goes back in time and kills barrys mom and kills wells is a fix point that can't be change if change you can get a different future (like in flashpoint. With Eddie he was a wild fix point where it can go any ways.

I don't think that explains it.

The moment that Eddie kills himself he stops Thawne from existing. All of his acts should have been erased if he never existed - past or present.

I made the same argument at the end of the 1st season. When Eddie offed himself, it should have changed.....EVERYTHING:

The accelerator explosion, Barry gaining his powers via the accelerator explosion, Barry's mom's death, Barry's father's imprisonment, Wells' death at the hands of Thawne......and the list goes on and on and on.

It's a giant plothole that I guess we're going to have to look past unless they craft some ingenious explanation.

For now it's the equivalent of the dinosaurs not dying from an impact event whilst the mammals take over.

Just because it's time-travel stuff doesn't mean it doesn't have to make sense.

I watched that last episode, 'The Fury of Firestorm'. I liked it!

I like the character Jefferson Jackson. That was a nice touch in pairing up Dr. Stein with someone to bring back Firestorm.

And I get it with the new Doctor Wells. Being from a different Earth, his timeline was not impacted by Eddie's actions.

King Shark looks like he could be trouble if the Earth-1 version shows up in place of the captured Earth-2 version.

I think people are becoming a bit spoiled by all this tv comic goodness....

for sake of argument just say that you can't change the past of this timeline.....when thawne ceased to exist he vanished from this timeline and then a new timeline was born....maybe the new Wells is the Wells from the timeline that would have been if Thawne hadn't shown up.

Eddie's not dead.

Of course not, , he's just moved on to Quantico.

I feel bad for the guy. Quantico is just awful.

Still loving Flash though. I think my being a huge Marvel fan over the years has helped me enjoy these CW shows without getting all hung up on the characters differences from the comics. I know the bare minimum about DC characters, so it's (mostly) all new to me.

I think this show may get way convoluted down the line (tends to happen when time travel is introduced to a story), but that's fine with me.

The Flash Hits Season High In Ratings

The Flash hit a season high in ratings with its fifth episode, pulling in a 1.5 and 3.73 million viewers in the Live ratings. There was growth almost across the board in Tuesday night's scripted shows, though, as the baseball playoffs came to an end, no longer affecting live viewing.

Fellow CW comic book show based on a DC (Vertigo, though) comic iZombie saw the same rating as last week, holding that point that raised off of a few weeks of stellar reviews, and saw an increase in total viewers. That didn't hamper Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., though, which airs at the same time, and also held steady its ratings share.

:whee: